PDA

View Full Version : I want to talk to a recruiter

watsmaname
06-16-09, 07:48 AM
Hi, I wanted to know if I need to make an appointment or I should just go to a recruiting station?

Marine84
06-16-09, 07:53 AM
Are you serious? Just go, they're waiting just for you.

0231Marine
06-16-09, 07:54 AM
For the first time, I'd just walk in and introduce yourself. He/She will get your contact information and talk to you about what the Marine Corps can do for you. You'll likely get some reading material and the Marine will probably inquire as to what you want to do in the Marine Corps so you should start to think of those things.

watsmaname
06-16-09, 07:57 AM
Ooh okay thanks for the answers. Second question when I go see a recruiter what papers or things should I bring.

Lisa 23
06-16-09, 09:55 AM
Don't worry about what papers or things to bring....just bring yourself for now and talk the Recruiters.

watsmaname
06-16-09, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the answers.

ameriken
06-16-09, 10:55 AM
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

watsmaname
06-16-09, 11:29 AM
Alright I will and thanks for the support. Much RESPECT to you and the Marines.

Hartford
06-16-09, 12:19 PM
I personally made an appointment. The way I see it is you wouldn't walk into a company and demand an interview immediately without calling them beforehand to get an application or see if they're hiring. They can be very busy at times so thats why I called a day or two ahead to set up a time where he could set aside an hour or so for us to talk.

KawiGunny
06-16-09, 12:23 PM
Doesn't matter if you show up on their door step or set up an appointment. If you want to be a Marine, you have to go talk to them.

Now see how helpful everyone can be when you have a profile filled out. :beer:

Gunner614
06-16-09, 01:41 PM
You should make an appointment, they might already be interviewing someone if you just show up.

thewookie
06-16-09, 02:27 PM
You should make an appointment, they might already be interviewing someone if you just show up.

I appreciate your opinion on this matter to your fellow poolee, but I think the Marine Gunnery Sergeant who posted right before you left very solid comments for the OP.

You wanna add to his expertise and comments, that takes some ballz.

Simple words of wisdom for you and your time in the USMC -- what the GySgt. says is the only thing that you should be worrying about. Never question the Gunny. You try that sheet of correcting a GySgt. in the fleet, and you won't like the results.

I'm sure your intent wasn't to be disrespectful, but the end result was you basically telling the Gunny to go F himself.

watsmaname
06-16-09, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the answers maybe I'll call just to make sure they're not to busy,If they say that their not then I'll go but either way im still going to talk to a recruiter .

Gunner614
06-16-09, 03:58 PM
I appreciate your opinion on this matter to your fellow poolee, but I think the Marine Gunnery Sergeant who posted right before you left very solid comments for the OP.

You wanna add to his expertise and comments, that takes some ballz.

Simple words of wisdom for you and your time in the USMC -- what the GySgt. says is the only thing that you should be worrying about. Never question the Gunny. You try that sheet of correcting a GySgt. in the fleet, and you won't like the results.

I'm sure your intent wasn't to be disrespectful, but the end result was you basically telling the Gunny to go F himself.

I didn't read the other posts befor I posted. I said that because the recruiters at my RS get kinda annoyed when someone comes in when they're already interviewing someone.

But I understand what your saying and it won't happen again.

srinaldo86
06-16-09, 04:06 PM
I know a few recruiters wish there were more walk ins, it saves them the foot work of getting appointments for the day. No one likes doing cold calls.

If you show up and they're conducting a meeting just ask them politely what time would be good for you to come back. They may even just put their meeting on hold long enough to get your name and phone number so that they may set up an appointment later.

commdog7
06-16-09, 06:09 PM
All the poolees agree you should call ahead and all the Marines agree you should walk right in.

If you ask me, Marines would have the better information. Just walk right in, recruiters like walk ins. If you see 1,000 poolees through the window of the recruiting station, maybe it would be better to come back at a different time. But for the most part, you can walk right in whenever, I'm sure there will be some recruiters in there twittling their thumbs waiting for you inquire about the Corps.

MarinesFTW
06-16-09, 06:18 PM
I would walk in myself or if your to scared to go to www.marines.com (http://www.marines.com) fill out the I want more info crap, and then a recruiter will call u within a few days and arrange a meeting with you.

watsmaname
06-16-09, 06:25 PM
Yeah I already went to the Marines website and saw all their bootcamp videos its pretty tough but If I stay motivated and they accept me I will do my best.

RyanFling
06-21-09, 11:54 PM
My BEST advice for you is this:
If the majority of Marines tell you to do Option A, whereas the Poolees are telling you to choose Option B. Your best bet is to follow Option A. No offense to the fellow Poolees, but these guy have been in our positions and have moved up the chain and are bearing the rank we dream about at night. If a Marine gives you advice on here, follow it. They're only here to help you, they're not here to make sure you never bear the rank of United States Marine. I haven't posted much on here much, but I've read damn near every post I can to prepare myself, and to date I've only seen one or two posts where Marines were giving terrible advice... But even then, they were being very sarcastic over stupid questions asked by us Poolees.
Good luck with your Recruiter, in my experience they never have many people in their office, unless its the days all the Poolees are there working out. But I guess that's why the Marine Corps says they are "The Few, The Proud."
Good luck and let us know how it works out for ya!