PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blues

USMC090811
06-15-09, 09:05 PM
Are dress blues standard issue now? and do you get them still if you dont graduate boot camp a PFC?

Gunner614
06-15-09, 09:16 PM
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that your issued blues in Boot but it comes out of your pay. And yes you get blues if you graduate a Pvt (I think).

Hartford
06-15-09, 09:19 PM
Gunner614,

What I think he meant by "getting blues even if you don't get PFC" he meant the meritorious promotion they give to one person from I believe each platoon who wears the blues on graduation day and is promoted to PFC immediately.

Gunner614
06-15-09, 09:30 PM
Gunner614,

What I think he meant by "getting blues even if you don't get PFC" he meant the meritorious promotion they give to one person from I believe each platoon who wears the blues on graduation day and is promoted to PFC immediately.

ohhhh

Then yeah, only the guide graduates in dress blues. But every Marine gets them.

USMC090811
06-15-09, 09:33 PM
no you answered my question, thanks

Hartford
06-15-09, 09:34 PM
I was about to make a thread on this but might as well post here. Is the best place to buy the Dress Blues at the MCRD or are those of lesser quality or more expensive or something? Is there just one company that makes them for the Marine Corps or are there a few who all supposedly have the same design?

DGardner
06-15-09, 09:43 PM
I was about to make a thread on this but might as well post here. Is the best place to buy the Dress Blues at the MCRD or are those of lesser quality or more expensive or something? Is there just one company that makes them for the Marine Corps or are there a few who all supposedly have the same design?

They were issued in boot when I was there (early 2008) I'd assume they still are. No need to buy them unless you want a 2nd set.

Gunner614
06-15-09, 09:44 PM

I've seen dress blues sold at surplus stores, although I think they're used.

Books
06-15-09, 09:52 PM
Yes, the Blues have been standard issue at boot for all graduates for a few years now. The reason they decided to issue them to everyone is because the increasing public presence of the Marine Corps during war (Public Relations [dinners, fundraisers, services, etc] and Funerals, of course) found a lot of active duty Marines without the uniform and who then had to scramble to get them. Some Marines didn't even own Dress Blues until the time of their own burial.

Lisa 23
06-15-09, 10:46 PM
They were issued in boot when I was there (early 2008) I'd assume they still are. No need to buy them unless you want a 2nd set.
Unless you were in the Marines and didn't fill out your profile correctly or saw a member of your family graduate from Boot Camp, what was your reason for being at Parris Island?

davblay
06-15-09, 11:11 PM
Unless you were in the Marines and didn't fill out your profile correctly or saw a member of your family graduate from Boot Camp, what was your reason for being at Parris Island?

Marine...Old DGardner went to the Island a few months ago and didn't measure up at that time, so he came home and is trying again, maybe.

Dave

MLMonk
06-15-09, 11:11 PM
They're given at bootcamp, like in 1st phase when you go get all your uniforms issued and fitted. The honor graduates wear the dress blues on graduation day.

sbombard15
06-15-09, 11:16 PM
They're given at bootcamp, like in 1st phase when you go get all your uniforms issued and fitted. The honor graduates wear the dress blues on graduation day.

What happens if you lose some weight in Boot Camp?

Books
06-15-09, 11:18 PM

Good question. I'm guessing I lose like 20-30 lbs, and no way is a first-phase uniform fit going to be working for me for graduation.

MarinesFTW
The other 2 post above me said the same thing.

Lisa 23
Marine...Old DGardner went to the Island a few months ago and didn't measure up at that time, so he came home and is trying again, maybe.

Dave

Thanks for the explaination davblay....I didn't know that.

MLMonk
06-15-09, 11:19 PM
They do a resize of uniforms towards the end for the people who need them redone properly or fitted more if you lost/gained that much.

MarinesFTW
06-15-09, 11:27 PM
Thats what I thought. I remebered seeing like 2 days for uniform fitting at the beginning of 3rd phase but I could not remeber correctly. Thank you LCpl.

PaidinBlood
06-15-09, 11:44 PM
Personally I lost all the weight during 1st phase. Then again, for us they didnt really seem to care how well our shi t fit...just some pizzed off little asian guy fvckin yellin at us so he could get more "privates" done...

by the end of SOI I was the only kid who needed his trousers taken in...I had actually gained weight but they were still so big from that azzhole

guess he figured every boot looks like a walking clusterfk balled up in a wad of shi t anyway... :D

oh yeah...USMC090811...your fvckin name irritates me but what can I do about it, right? :evilgrin:

PaidinBlood
06-15-09, 11:49 PM
get out of here and go hound someone else i just wanted my question answered

OH FVCK NO...I just read your other thread you little faggot. You disrespected Al and the other Marines. Don't let the door hit you too hard.

This thread is fvckin done. Over. If the rest of you have questions about blues, we'll make sure they get answered...

echo3oscar1833
06-16-09, 10:01 AM
OH FVCK NO...I just read your other thread you little faggot. You disrespected Al and the other Marines. Don't let the door hit you too hard.

This thread is fvckin done. Over. If the rest of you have questions about blues, we'll make sure they get answered...

apparantly i missed this conversation:D.

KawiGunny
06-16-09, 10:07 AM

Then you pay to have them altered to fit in accordance with the Uniform Regulations after bootcamp.

KawiGunny
06-16-09, 10:10 AM
Are dress blues standard issue now? and do you get them still if you dont graduate boot camp a PFC?

Fill out your profile turd.

KawiGunny
06-16-09, 10:14 AM

What thread was that post in?

Lisa 23
06-16-09, 10:58 AM
What thread was that post in?

I believe it was in this thread. It looks like some posts have been deleted, including the insulting post made by USMC090811. This person needs to fill out their profile correctly and read the rules for wannabes and poolees!!!

ameriken
06-16-09, 11:26 AM
I believe it was in this thread. It looks like some posts have been deleted, including the insulting post made by USMC090811. This person needs to fill out their profile correctly and read the rules for wannabes and poolees!!!
There was another thread he started about a medical question. It was completely deleted.

Lisa 23
06-16-09, 11:34 AM
There was another thread he started about a medical question. It was completely deleted.

I kinda thought so......I thought I was losing it there for a minute...LOL!

MLMonk
06-16-09, 09:45 PM
My advice, when you get to MOS school, get all your uniforms retailored. My blues pants were all saggy and looked like a bag of azz after I got out of bootcamp, and had to resize them, the greens were a little better, but I like all my pants straight down with not 1 bump in them.

ecfree
06-16-09, 09:56 PM
My advice, when you get to MOS school, get all your uniforms retailored. My blues pants were all saggy and looked like a bag of azz after I got out of bootcamp, and had to resize them, the greens were a little better, but I like all my pants straight down with not 1 bump in them.
PANTS ?:evilgrin:

Fievel
06-16-09, 10:15 PM
Back in the old Corps (2000) Dress Blues were not issued to every Marine. They issue those now? WTFO?!?!?!?! :evilgrin:

JWDevilDog
06-16-09, 10:18 PM
Cpl, yes they are issued now.

Whether the honor grad wears them is based on company. Some companies do it differently.

benw2200
06-16-09, 10:20 PM
Good question. I'm guessing I lose like 20-30 lbs, and no way is a first-phase uniform fit going to be working for me for graduation.

You'll go to the tailor more than once during your stay at paradise island, no fear.. every platoon has a fattie or two that loses a bunch of weight and has to be re-fitted..

Old Marine
06-17-09, 09:46 AM
Well Now, It's About Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

ameriken
06-17-09, 09:49 AM
Back in the old Corps (2000) Dress Blues were not issued to every Marine. They issue those now? WTFO?!?!?!?! :evilgrin:
2000 is old Corps? LOL!

Back in my old Corps (1976), Blues werent issued either, one had to make their own purchase if they chose. If they didnt want the Blues, they didnt get 'em. Period.

Fievel
06-17-09, 11:20 AM
2000 is old Corps? LOL!

Back in my old Corps (1976), Blues werent issued either, one had to make their own purchase if they chose. If they didnt want the Blues, they didnt get 'em. Period.

:D

Reminds me of a joke:

It's November 10, 1775. Samuel Nicholas is standing in Tun Tavern trying to recruit people into the Marines.

"Come on, you sons-of-b1tches! Is no one man enough to join the Marines?! Anyone who joins will get a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes!"

A man sitting at the bar gets up and approaches Samuel Nicholas, volunteering for the Marines. He receives his turkey dinner and mashed potatoes, and sits in the back of the bar to eat it. Samuel Nicholas continues trying to recruit more people into the Marines.

"Any more volunteers? Come on, you sons-of-b1tches! Is no one else man enough to join the Marines?! Anyone who joins will get a turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit!"

Another man at the bar stands up, walks to Samuel Nicholas, and volunteers for the Marines. The man takes a seat at the back of the bar with the first Marine to enjoy his dinner. The first Marine looks at the seconds Marines plate, notices the biscuit, and says,

"Back in the old Corps, we didn't have biscuits!" :D

So in that regard, I think 2000 is old Corps now :D

Fievel
06-17-09, 11:25 AM
Cpl, yes they are issued now.

Whether the honor grad wears them is based on company. Some companies do it differently.

I still remember going out and buying my Dress Blues in 2001 right before the Marine Corps Ball. I had just enough money to get my Dress Blues and get them tailored. Afterwards, I had no money for smokes and beer (I was underage anyway for the beer, but beer money was still important ;)), but I didn't care because I had my Dress Blues!

ameriken
06-17-09, 11:27 AM

Reminds me of a joke:

It's 1775. Samuel Nicholas is standing in Tun Tavern trying to recruit people into the Marines.

"Come on, you sons-of-b1tches! Is no one man enough to join the Marines?! Anyone who joins will get a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes!"

A man sitting at the bar gets up and approaches Samuel Nicholas, volunteering for the Marines. He receives his turkey dinner and mashed potatoes, and sits in the back of the bar to eat it. Samuel Nicholas continues trying to recruit more people into the Marines.

"Any more volunteers? Come on, you sons-of-b1tches! Is no one else man enough to join the Marines?! Anyone who joins will get a turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit!"

Another man at the bar stands up, walks to Samuel Nicholas, and volunteers for the Marines. The man takes a seat at the back of the bar with the first Marine to enjoy his dinner. The first Marine looks at the seconds Marines plate, notices the biscuit, and says,

"Back in the old Corps, we didn't have biscuits!"

So in that regard, I think 2000 is old Corps now LMAO! :thumbup:

Yeah, in a few years some Marine who just graduated boot will look back and say 2009 was the Old Corps. :D

MLMonk
06-17-09, 01:57 PM
PANTS ?:evilgrin:

Forgot they were called trousers, hung around too many civilians, lol.

Old Marine
06-17-09, 03:51 PM

Reminds me of a joke:

It's November 10, 1775. Samuel Nicholas is standing in Tun Tavern trying to recruit people into the Marines.

"Back in the old Corps, we didn't have biscuits!" :D

So in that regard, I think 2000 is old Corps now :D

I pulled Mess Duty at that meal. Is that considered "Old Corps?"

Fievel
06-17-09, 06:58 PM
I pulled Mess Duty at that meal. Is that considered "Old Corps?"

If that's the case, Gunnery Sergeant, you are the definition of Old Corps :beer:

Semper Fi :flag: