PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blue Deltas Complete Uni

silver0bullets
06-15-09, 01:16 PM
I was told to report in for RA in my Deltas, is having the white garrison cover a part of this? If so, do I still use the black screw posts and EGA or the gold ones they give you at boot?

Cash2053
06-15-09, 01:49 PM
Yes the white garrison cover is part of the uniform. You should use the gold ones.

ArtyOps
06-15-09, 02:00 PM
Are you a retard? How did you make it through boot camp without knowing what dress blue delta's are?

White Garrison cover, gold EGA and gold posts on it. Short sleeve khaki shirt with your little pizza stain and marksmanship badge over a plain white tee shirt (dont forget the shirt and collar stays you little turdling). Your blue trousers, black socks, Corframs and the tan belt with the gold buckle.

Everywhere you go you need to chech your jig line and ensure your shirt is bloused properly.

Supersquishy
06-15-09, 02:04 PM
Are you a retard? How did you make it through boot camp without knowing what dress blue delta's are?

+1 :thumbup:

Speaking of cover, we were issued the Barraks cover too, same frame but with green top and black buttons (Yea you know), I never in my whole time in wore it, it was always the Pi$$-cutter. Anyone ever had to wear it (Barracks cover) in formation? Ok Im an idiot, but what was the purpose for it?

PaidinBlood
06-15-09, 02:16 PM
I am a little disappointed, too...silverbullets...you a fan of them? :D

For what its worth-blue pants always with white and gold. green with green and black... Did that make any sense to you?

Just don't show up in service CHALPHAS and you'll be ok... :usmc:

Alisium
06-15-09, 02:18 PM
I am a little disappointed, too...silverbullets...you a fan of them? :D

For what its worth-blue pants always with white and gold. green with green and black... Did that make any sense to you?

Just don't show up in service CHALPHAS and you'll be ok... :usmc:

Almost, but I'm not sure what pants are. :p

yanacek
06-15-09, 02:30 PM
Everywhere you go you need to check your jig line and ensure your shirt is bloused properly.

A typo was made in this response young Leatherneck. The correct term is "gig line." Hope you remembered that.

PaidinBlood
06-15-09, 02:30 PM
Ouch....I guess shi tbirds like me make sure to wear green PANTS with their green HAT...what a turd :D

Supersquishy
06-15-09, 02:48 PM
Almost, but I'm not sure what pants are. :p

No PiB was breaking it down Barney Style for the AssHat Silver Butts that threw away his Marine Corps knowlege after boot.

silver0bullets
06-15-09, 05:39 PM
Yes the white garrison cover is part of the uniform. You should use the gold ones. Thank you sergeant.
Are you a retard? How did you make it through boot camp without knowing what dress blue delta's are? White Garrison cover, gold EGA and gold posts on it. Short sleeve khaki shirt with your little pizza stain and marksmanship badge over a plain white tee shirt (dont forget the shirt and collar stays you little turdling). Your blue trousers, black socks, Corframs and the tan belt with the gold buckle. Everywhere you go you need to chech your jig line and ensure your shirt is bloused properly. Thank you Sergeant.

echo3oscar1833
06-15-09, 06:00 PM
Thank you sergeant. Thank you Sergeant.

Actually the correct response would be "Aye Aye Sergeant", while your unfuc$ing your uniform. May I suggest a little work on your profile as well.:marine:

silver0bullets
06-15-09, 07:51 PM
Actually the correct response would be "Aye Aye Sergeant", while your unfuc$ing your uniform. May I suggest a little work on your profile as well. Aye LCpl. What else should I put in my profile LCpl?

ecom
06-15-09, 08:51 PM

White Garrison cover, gold EGA and gold posts on it. Short sleeve khaki shirt with your little pizza stain and marksmanship badge over a plain white tee shirt (dont forget the shirt and collar stays you little turdling). Your blue trousers, black socks, Corframs and the tan belt with the gold buckle.

Everywhere you go you need to chech your jig line and ensure your shirt is bloused properly.

Marksmanship badge is at wearers discretion unless otherwise directed by unit commander. This goes for all Service and Dress uniforms. Dress A being the exception of course.

Fievel
06-15-09, 09:01 PM
No PiB was breaking it down Barney Style for the AssHat Silver Butts that threw away his Marine Corps knowlege after boot.

I still have my Marine Corps knowledge. I found it stashed in a box with some other gear. I was flipping through it the other day and was amazed at how much sh*t we committed to memory in 12 weeks. I'm going to get it mounted in a shadow box or something :marine:

8th&I Marine
06-15-09, 09:21 PM
+1 :thumbup:

Speaking of cover, we were issued the Barraks cover too, same frame but with green top and black buttons (Yea you know), I never in my whole time in wore it, it was always the Pi$$-cutter. Anyone ever had to wear it (Barracks cover) in formation? Ok Im an idiot, but what was the purpose for it?

I wore my green barracks cover all the time never wore the **** cutter. My duty station was the reason why. We always had uniform inspections they were always alot of fun.

Cantrell:flag:

SGT7477
06-15-09, 09:42 PM

Corframs, no more spit shining?:evilgrin:

Alisium
06-15-09, 09:43 PM
No more spit shining at all, Sgt.

Even the boots a sued.

I think I was the second to the last cycle to be issued the old leather shoes.

echo3oscar1833
06-15-09, 10:17 PM
Aye LCpl. What else should I put in my profile LCpl?

I go out on a limb, and say your actually asking me a question, and not being a jerk off lol. :D. Basically just fill out your profile man, nothing to it, give us some details, when you graduated boot camp, platoon, etc. Take a look at my profile if you need an example. Semper Fi little Brother, and welcome to the brotherhood.:beer:

bootlace15
06-15-09, 10:42 PM
PANTS,My ass

bootlace15 out

ArtyOps
06-16-09, 12:55 PM
Marksmanship badge is at wearers discretion unless otherwise directed by unit commander. This goes for all Service and Dress uniforms. Dress A being the exception of course.

It's good that the Marine Corps gives that option, but I never did.

SGT7477
06-16-09, 08:04 PM
No more spit shining at all, Sgt.

Even the boots a sued.

I think I was the second to the last cycle to be issued the old leather shoes.
I remember breaking them damn shoes in on the grinder I can still feel the pain, we had to break down our brass also, times have changed, Semper FI.:flag:

devildame
06-17-09, 12:39 AM
This thread had me laughing outloud. I haven't heard someone called an ass hat in a long time. Silver Bullets must have been joking. Funny that his method of finding an answer was posting a thread on Leatherneck.com, too. Lost in the sauce!

Petz
06-17-09, 01:32 AM
the shooting badge is required... imagine what your dress blues 'A's look like without it.

the command can give you the ability to NOT wear it, but until othewise instructed it is to be on your uniform.

It's the same thing for jump wings and scuba bubbles and what ever kind of "special" device you can think of.

YOU do not have a say in what you can't wear.

also make sure you wear black socks as you will be inspected by the Sgt Maj of your RS, a kid got sent home on the spot 'cause he was wearing white socks... remember that ticket is on your own dime not theirs... be sure to just bring all your uniforms... cammies included as you never know what the uniform of the day might be.

I was told just blues and then we did a Poolee camping trip... I wore green sweats since I didn't have cammies... I felt like a tool.

Quinbo
06-17-09, 01:47 AM
Shocking! Dress Blue "A" 's now require shooting badges.

Petz
06-17-09, 01:51 AM
um, bravos.....

wow... did I really say that? I got my uniform mixed up from this last years ball and the uniform I inspected in....

I must explain myself, I inspected in my alphas and since I was in the sword detail I had to switch to bravos... I apologize for being retarded.

echo3oscar1833
06-17-09, 10:11 AM
um, I apologize for being retarded.

:nerd:

Zapablast05
06-18-09, 09:22 PM
Make sure you show up with a friggen haircut, too. You just graduated boot, so in case they didn't tell you or you don't know, Marines get haircuts every week by Sunday. You know what the difference between a good and bad haircut is? Two days. Don't cut your own hair, and don't get a low reg. You will most likely hear the "You don't rate a Low Reg" spiel. Stick with a high and tight for now until you get to your MOS school (if you're not in the 03 field), your schoolhouse command will let you know what haircut you're not allowed to get. I see fresh boot Privates and PFC's with low regs all the time until someone says something. I just stick to high fades or the good ol' high and tight reg cut. Tacky, motard, but still in regulation.

By the way, add some life to your profile. You know, show your face, fill out simple details. I'm pretty sure this website has had some poser issues.

Petz
06-18-09, 10:10 PM
there's that 10% with a PFC having a low reg... turds. send'em back to boot camp.

Zapablast05
06-20-09, 11:28 PM
An extra 4 weeks should do, SSgt.

Petz
06-20-09, 11:28 PM
agreed.

ecom
07-02-09, 12:35 AM
the shooting badge is required... imagine what your dress blues 'A's look like without it.

the command can give you the ability to NOT wear it, but until othewise instructed it is to be on your uniform.

It's the same thing for jump wings and scuba bubbles and what ever kind of "special" device you can think of.

YOU do not have a say in what you can't wear.

MCO gives wearer the option to not wear the marksmanship badges, not the command. The command can direct you to wear or not wear them to ensure uniformity such as during ceremonies, duty, parades, or inspections, but otherwise it's at the wearer discretion. If on RA, then one would be on duty and thus the command can give direction to wear or not wear the badges.

If say on leave or liberty, then wear of the marksmanship badge would be optional.

marine95
07-02-09, 01:47 AM
As a recruiter, I would have already written the letter to them explaining what they need to wear. I tried not to make them look like any different then the others with me. He will most likely already act like a tool just because they don't know how to act at that point.

Zapablast05
07-02-09, 11:43 PM
If he's fresh out of boot, then he'll be there like an ornament. I just said "Hey SSgt/Sgt, I'm gonna go AC for a couple of hours." "Good to go, just be back with at least 2 contacts." But then again, that's when I went on PTAD out of my schoolhouse.

Petz
07-03-09, 09:38 AM
for the record, 'cause you quoted me saying DB "A" requiring the shooting badge I meant "B"...

I'm gonna look at the order again... you mind telling me where you saw what you saw?

Petz
07-03-09, 09:48 AM
2. The dress "B" uniforms consist of the same items as the
corresponding dress "A" uniforms, except that ribbons are worn in lieu
of medals. Shooting badges may be prescribed. The blue dress "B"
uniform may be worn for parades, ceremonies, informal social functions,
for NCOs and below throughout the year and for officers and SNCOs as
appropriate to the season or those occasions requiring uniformity with
NCOs and below; and as the uniform of the day for those commands that
receive the appropriate clothing allowance.

check.

strangely enough the shooting badge is not required for the service uniform at all...... huh.

DocGreek
07-03-09, 09:57 AM
SSGT....what happened to "Full Dress Uniform"?? I will be buried in my "Full Dress Uniform"....I don't ever remember ANYONE saying a particular "type" of dress uniform. Have the specs changed since the late 60's??.....DOC

Wyoming
07-03-09, 11:28 AM
What is it with all the diiferent haircut styles?

Is there a picture of them anywhere?

itzs4m
07-04-09, 02:22 PM
just go with the motivated high n tight!! that's all you need lol

Supersquishy
07-04-09, 02:32 PM
just go with the motivated high n tight!! that's all you need lol

Are you allowed to Clip your whole hair off, you know WITHOUT the guard? You know how much money you can save doing that?

Petz
07-04-09, 02:52 PM
you have to be balding to be allowed to do that... otherwise it's eccentric

ecom
07-05-09, 06:10 PM
Are you allowed to Clip your whole hair off, you know WITHOUT the guard? You know how much money you can save doing that?

Yes. You can even take a razor to it if you want.

ecom
07-05-09, 06:28 PM
What is it with all the diiferent haircut styles?

Is there a picture of them anywhere?

High and tight has a very tight fade at the top if any - depends on personal preference.
http://www.ftmguide.org/images/HandT.gif http://www.ftmguide.org/images/HandTRecon.gif

High, medium, and low regulation will have a fade on the side like this:
http://www.ftmguide.org/images/fade.gif

High, med, low describes where the fade starts; high meaning closer towards the top of the head. Hair at the top is limited to 3 inches so it does allow a degree of freedom of how the hair is cut or styled.

Petz
07-05-09, 09:53 PM
have you read the new regs? it stops the hoarse shoe and bald heads when not balding.

(as I said before if not here, who's really gonna stop you?)

those are some old photos.....

ecom
07-06-09, 03:00 AM
So which part of this prevents a male from shaving his head? I never argued the horse shoe cut. Those photos are for demonstration of the difference between a high and tight and a reg style hair cut that someone asked about.

2. No male Marine will be required to have his entire hair length clipped to the scalp except while he is undergoing recruit training or when such action is prescribed by a medical officer. This does not prohibit a male Marine from having his hair clipped (or shaved) to the scalp if he so desires.

Petz
07-06-09, 12:29 PM
the excessive high and tight... your "recon" H&T is considered eccentric because there is no fade... and I do recall reading that shaved is not authorized for Marines who do not have a receding hair line or a bald spot... If I get a hair up my butt in the future I'll go look it up again... butt it's out there somewhere.

EDIT: I'm going to make this clear, I don't know a Marine who would have a problem with another Marine shaving their head, I don't personnally have an issue with it either... but an order is an order and all I'm doing is pointing it out. enforcement is up to the command structure.

Supersquishy
07-06-09, 12:41 PM
and I do recall reading that shaved is not authorized for Marines who do not have a receding hair line or a bald spot...
A long time ago one of the senior Marines told us we were not allowed to shave our heads with a razor in case we nicked our scalp it could get infected out in the field, but to use a clipper without the guard was ok. I was just asking for the recent regulations about clipping ones whole head, since regulations seem to change year to year. It could save a motivated Marine 8-10 bucks a week and pay for the clippers it self in one shot. That is a potential savings of $520.00 Bucks a year!

Petz
07-06-09, 08:53 PM
yup... you can buy a professional pair if you figure the savings... then still write it off on your taxes each year... then charge to do hair cuts out in the field and some un-authorized...

psyclopsus
07-19-09, 12:03 AM
have you read the new regs? it stops the hoarse shoe and bald heads when not balding.

(as I said before if not here, who's really gonna stop you?)

those are some old photos.....

The new regs DO specifically forbid horseshoes, but it also specifically states that you ARE permitted to shave your head if you desire.

MARADMIN 504/07 (The message cites to Reference B which is MCO 1020.34G w/CH 1-4 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. This MARADMIN is Change 5 and states in section 7.b.3

"(3) No male Marine will be required to have his hair clipped to the
scalp except while he is undergoing recruit training or when such action is
prescribed by a medical officer. This does not prohibit a male Marine from
having his hair clipped to the scalp if he so desires."

Petz
07-19-09, 10:03 AM
The new regs DO specifically forbid horseshoes, but it also specifically states that you ARE permitted to shave your head if you desire.

MARADMIN 504/07 (The message cites to Reference B which is MCO 1020.34G w/CH 1-4 Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. This MARADMIN is Change 5 and states in section 7.b.3

"(3) No male Marine will be required to have his hair clipped to the
scalp except while he is undergoing recruit training or when such action is
prescribed by a medical officer. This does not prohibit a male Marine from
having his hair clipped to the scalp if he so desires."

negative... clipped to the scalp is the verbage... not shaven...

so if you use clippers that get damn close then you have no problem...

besides... do you really want to shave your head EVERY other day?

avenger08
10-29-09, 12:48 PM
you have to be balding to be allowed to do that... otherwise it's eccentric

actually ssgt, you are allowed to shave your head completly, and you do not have to be balding to shave your head without guards on the clippers. although most SNCO's want you to go with the razor if your going to go without the guard on your clippers.

Petz
10-29-09, 01:34 PM
actually ssgt, you are allowed to shave your head completly, and you do not have to be balding to shave your head without guards on the clippers. although most SNCO's want you to go with the razor if your going to go without the guard on your clippers.

DID you or DID you NOT read the excerpt from the order that states you can buzz your head. Using clippers to goto the scalp is ok, it won't cause ingrown hairs like shaving which is a health issue, nor will you get open cuts to the scalp which is prone to bleeding.

I doubt you've even read the order Cpl. You should take another look at it. Remember, it's not up for interpretation just because your SNCOs don't enforce it.

Good on you if that's the case, but I'd tell you where to put your made up barracks lawyer crap.

avenger08
10-29-09, 01:41 PM
i stand corrected Ssgt. i had not made it to the back page. i was only going through what my Gunny had spoken to me about.

Petz
10-29-09, 01:48 PM
hey Cpl, When in doubt read the order. Hell even if you were told, unless they quoted the order, read the order. You can tell a SNCO/Officer to tackfully shove it if you can quote the order. If you don't want to spend that kind of case on razor blades but whan a shaven head then you can tell them to pound sand. You've got the order and you're following it by using clippers. Since the reason to not use a razor is "understood" to be for health and welfare of the troops then they can't make you use a razor, I mean, where does it say you need to use a razor when you get a normal hair cut?

avenger08
10-29-09, 02:36 PM
good to go Ssgt. i appreciate the info.

Petz
10-29-09, 03:03 PM
wow, I must have been busy while writing that post, I caught two misspelled words in the first two sentences.

Hologram
10-30-09, 05:38 PM
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't that go for ribbons as well?

Petz
10-30-09, 08:13 PM
Negative. You will have ribbons on everything. The only time you won't have them on is if you're wearing Alphas and happen to have the jacket off. You are not required to switch the ribbons.