PDA

View Full Version : PT for MCRD San Deigo

pollewells2009
06-14-09, 05:42 PM
hey, my name is Wells I leave for MCRD San Deigo July 27th. I go to my office PT every time we have it I also do PT on my own but feel I'm not doing enough to be ready what is some stuff I can do. Any help would be really helpful. Thank You Marines

srinaldo86
06-14-09, 05:51 PM
Well when you do PT what do you do?

pollewells2009
06-14-09, 05:55 PM
I run like six miles, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, sun gods, monkey ****ers, and then at the office pt we do the CFT so I also do the CFT

Alisium
06-14-09, 05:58 PM
You're fine.

They're not going to go balls to the walls on you once you get to MCRD San Diego. They start of slow and build everyone up.

pollewells2009
06-14-09, 06:03 PM
ok thanks for the help everyone if there is anything still that might help me just a little more then other people that would be great Im looking to be guide or squad leader I know all my drill commads and all my ranks, and general orders

Lisa 23
06-14-09, 06:23 PM
pollewells2009......you can never be prepared enough....just pay attention to your Drill Instructors. :evilgrin:

pollewells2009
06-14-09, 06:26 PM
aye aye PFC

Fievel
06-14-09, 08:00 PM
Yeah, you sound like you should be okay. Just make sure you listen to what you are being taught - even when the directions come in the form of a Drill Instructor(s) who is about to tear your head off. There is a lot of information to learn, so keep your ears open.

Fievel
06-14-09, 08:13 PM
I'm going to give you some insider information, DO NOT let anyone know I gave this to you! :evilgrin:

Throughout boot camp your Drill Instructor is going to snatch your weapon from you and inspect it. DO NOT be like the other ****bags and just let them take your weapon from you with no resistance! Keep a firm hold on your weapon at all times, I'm talking white-knuckle tight. Marines NEVER let anyone touch their weapon, so if you want to impress the sh*t out of your Drill Instructor and convince him a little that you want to be one, make sure you maintain positive control over your weapon at all time. I guarantee, if you do this you will be the guide in no time! My only regret was that I didn't know about it until another recruit did it. And he spent most of the time as the guide in boot camp.

Don't forget about that!

pollewells2009
06-15-09, 02:19 PM
thanks for the advice Cpl