PDA

View Full Version : Question about 7051 MOS

usmcholmans
06-14-09, 09:59 AM
I read the "Ask a Marine - Read before you post" and although my question might have gone there, I didn't want to risk posting wrongly. Hence, here.

I know a bit about Firedogs/ARFF as my middle Marine is one. He was reactivated from IRR last year & did another deployment to Iraq. He put in his reenlistment package, but was told he was being turned down due to the 7051 MOS being too full (a CO told him that a lot of Marines were doing latmoves to that MOS so they could stay in).

My question is via a potential poolee who doesn't have internet access and our local Recruiters are (understandably) quite busy and haven't been able to answer yet. What seems to be the status of 7051 right now? Is it not an MOS that is really open for enlistment right now?

I've told the fellow that if he wants to be a Marine, in the end the MOS isn't that important, it's the Title being Earned that counts. But we are both still curious to see if a current Recruiter might be able to elaborate.

Thank you in advance for any info or help. God bless y'all. (Ain't nothin' better than a Marine - except lot's of 'em - we Moms love every one of you!)