PDA

View Full Version : Records and Decorations

HST
06-14-09, 08:16 AM
Maybe some of you guys can help me with this.
I was in from 65 to 68, served in Nam. I got a copy of my records about 20 years ago. The originals were desrtoyed in Dong Ha but the new ones they made right afterwards list all of the operations I was in, Prairie, Hickory, Buffalo, ect. and my personal decorations but there is nothing about the PUC's and NUC's that the outfits I was attached to were awarded.When we rotated, we were told what to wear of our uniforms but there is nothing in my records. I'd also like to know about the CAR. When I was in, it didn't exist. I was attached to many grunt outfits, I was transferred to 3/4 for a couple of operations. I saw a lot of what most anyone would call combat action and think I ought to get one. I've heard that you have to find someone to vouch for you. That seems next to impossible 40 years later. I've also heard that there is some form (201A) ? that you can submit to get a list of the decorations that you should have and that you can get the daily reports from the outfits you were with. It doesn't matter that much to me but in this era when there seems to be more and more phoney's, I'd like to get my records strainht before I check out

DocGreek
06-14-09, 10:53 AM
OKAY...NUMBNUTS!!!....Since you served with 3/3, I'll TRY to help....ALSO because you're an old FART!!.... http://vetrecs.archives.gov ....fill out the ON-LINE form, BUT read everything carefully....you CAN submit the form on-line, so mind your P's and Q's!!....Took me JUST 91 days, to get that kind of info...NOT too bad!!....SEMPER FI....Doc Greek

HST
06-14-09, 05:55 PM
OK, Doc. I'll give this a shot, but only because you're not a dixie cup sailor and no matter what, 3/3 sucked hind tit, thanks, T.J.