PDA

View Full Version : Marine Birthday Wedding Pics...

Buzz_Hog
08-10-02, 12:42 AM
Semper Fi all....

I'm new to the forums and just figured I'd jump right in like a true Marine... I recently married this past Nov. 10th and figured I'd show some pics...

http://sassyart.com/wedding

I may be out of the Corps, but the Corps is surely not out of me.... God Bless the Marine Corps and Semper Fi...

Buzz_Hog
08-10-02, 12:49 AM
sorry to have to add to this.... but my wedding ring is an EGA casted in gold on top of a black onyx gentlemans ring... The inscriptions on our rings read, "Semper Fidelis"....

My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but I think that's because I met her after I got out of the Marine Corps.... little by little, she's comming around and understanding about the special breed we are.... Marine Breed....

wrbones
08-10-02, 01:10 AM
Good looking bunch, too.Glad to see ya around. Yer home, Marine. Dismount and get comfortable. Show yer Ol Lady around the site. She'll figure it out!;)

Buzz_Hog
08-10-02, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
Good looking bunch, too.Glad to see ya around. Yer home, Marine. Dismount and get comfortable. Show yer Ol Lady around the site. She'll figure it out!;)

Yeah, she's been settling in nicely with the Marine aspects of life... ;)

On our Honeymoon in Antigua, I just so happened to run into a retired Sgt. Maj... Prob the only other Marine on the Island.... I'm also the VP of the Marine Embassy Guard Assoc... so she's had her fair share of exposure to Marines of all ages....

Actually, she wrote a letter to Sgt. Grits newsletter and he's publishing it in his next book.... The letter was about our upcomming marriage, (as it was before we got married) and how she was awaiting her initiation into the Marine family.... I'll mention the boards and ask her to stop by....

thedrifter
08-10-02, 07:01 PM
Thanks you sharing your special day with us.....
Welcome Aboard Marine.....
Drop your bags...pull up a footlocker...enjoy reading and making some post.....make sure you visit the slpe shute to have a beer or two......just say I sent you.....

Welcome........

Sempers,

Roger

USMC0311
08-10-02, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Buzz_Hog
sorry to have to add to this.... but my wedding ring is an EGA casted in gold on top of a black onyx gentlemans ring... The inscriptions on our rings read, "Semper Fidelis"....

My wife thinks I'm a bit nuts, but I think that's because I met her after I got out of the Marine Corps.... little by little, she's comming around and understanding about the special breed we are.... Marine Breed....

I love yer Pride Marine, Wish you and your CO all the best Brother.
Semper Fidelis, Marine

Havelka
08-10-02, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Buzz_Hog
Semper Fi all....

I'm new to the forums and just figured I'd jump right in like a true Marine... I recently married this past Nov. 10th and figured I'd show some pics...

http://sassyart.com/wedding

I may be out of the Corps, but the Corps is surely not out of me.... God Bless the Marine Corps and Semper Fi... :banana:
Glad you and the new Bride are aboard,Congradulations!!!!
Your ring sounds real sharp.
I love to hear Gung Ho young Marines

MillRatUSMC
08-10-02, 10:29 PM
If you had gotten married while you were still active.
You might have chosen to have a military wedding.
With several Marine NCO's forming the arch.
Your bride might have been the recipent of a "Swat".
Welcoming her into the Marine Corps Family.
I'm sure, that you will never forget your wedding anniversary.
Ours is on the 12 of Febuary.
So when it's close to Valentine's Day, I 'm reminded not to "Forget" the day of our wedding.
29 years this coming new year.
Again,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I too believe that your wedding ring sounds out of sight!!!

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

LadyLeatherneck
08-11-02, 11:01 AM
Buzz_Hog Welcome Aboard and Thank You for sharing
your wedding pictures with us. You look very sharp in
them blues. I swear these girls out there have it made
with my good looking Marine brothers. :D Good luck and
Congratulations!

Buzz_Hog
08-11-02, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the hearty welcome guys and gal.

We actually were going to have full Marine Wedding, but it was shortly after 9/11 and the reserves were pretty much stretched out. They did offer for, but I knew they were strapped and didn't want to get in the way. My best man was a Marine I served at NATO HQ in Brussels. He saved my life once and it was an honor to have him as my best man.

My wife had her sister, friend, and my sister as her party, for me, it wasa just my buddy and I in Dress Blues. I had two other friends as ushers and explained to them that I would have had them in my party, but there's no comparing a tux to Dress Blues and didn't want them to feel "underdressed"... ;)

Since I had met my wife after I had gotten off active duty, our wedding was the first time she had seen me in full Dress Blues. She still says when she walked into the curch and started up the aisle, she was in awe....

Oh, and yes, my best man did give her her "welcome to the family"... :D :thumbup: