PDA

View Full Version : Shooting perfect on the range...

Achped
06-12-09, 11:52 PM
I already qual'd for score earlier this week. I shot a 236 on table 1 and 99 on table 2 (NO PIT LOVE, couldn't make it an even 100!??!) for a combined 335/350.

But next week we're qualifying with the ACOG. It won't go into MCTFS, but it will count for the high on that particular range. I still want to shoot black every time. Today, the first day ever shooting the ACOG on the KD course, I dropped 1 on the 200 yard line and zero on the five hundred. (The one I dropped on the 200 wasn't even standing, it was the first shot in the sitting). The 300 was brutal though. I think I got like 4 in the black on the rapid fire, and on the slow fire I got (1) 2, (2) 4's and (2) 5's. **** was all messed up.

Anyways, I really feel I could do it. I mean, you've got a 4x optic! It's too easy that way, Sgts and above have it made.

Has anyone came close? I would seriously go so far as to say I could get a 245 no problem but a 245 is not 250.

On a different note, I qual'd with the M9 today, 364/400. That is ridiculously hard.

Integrity57
06-13-09, 12:00 AM
http://www.broadside.net/images/M07062524admin.gif

Achped
06-13-09, 12:05 AM
Haha?

Integrity57
06-13-09, 12:11 AM
Don't ask man, I just saw it and thought it fit, in other words I've been drinking lol.

Alisium
06-13-09, 12:15 AM
Please explain the new KD course to me.

When I left (2003) it was still the 60 point system with iron sights only (and those gay azz slings from Vietnam, even though we all used the new tactical slings.)

Achped
06-13-09, 12:24 AM
I believe its the same course of fire with minor changes, just different scoring.

15rounds at the 200 in a time limit of 15 minutes
5 rounds sitting
5 rounds kneeling
5 rounds standing

10 rounds rapid fire in 60 seconds in the sitting at the 200 (no mag change)

5 rounds sitting 300
10 rounds rapid fire in 60 seconds in the prone at the 300 (no mag change)

10 rounds in 10 minutes in the prone at the 500.

If you hit black every time thats 5 pts each 5x50 = 250.

Then there's the table 2 qual which, for me is a joke. I can easily get a perfect score on it. Maybe if they moved it to 50 yards it would be more of a challenge but hitting a chest shot or a groin shot or even a head shot at 25 yards is easy. You hit in the lines (chest or groin or head depending on what they say) its 2 points. Body shots are 1 pt.

Alisium
06-13-09, 12:40 AM
Well that's excatly the same, but why the change in the scoring? Gay.

And Sgt's can use optics now?

And is the table 2 qual actually part of the composite score now?

MLMonk
06-13-09, 01:10 AM
Yes table 2 is part of it now, since it counted for me during bootcamp back in Sept 08'. I shot expert table 1, but my weapon jamming in table 2 bumped me down to sharpshooter. I'll get expert in a few months.

Achped
06-13-09, 02:05 AM
Your weapon jammed? Did you apply corrective action? You know what an alibi is?

Pete0331
06-13-09, 02:24 AM
On a different note, I qual'd with the M9 today, 364/400. That is ridiculously hard.

No, it's not ridiculously hard, but Marines never get enough live fire practice for the 9mm.
Marines need 2-3X more time and ammo for practicing with the M9.
Qualing, and dry firing, two weapons in the same 2 week period is bullsh!t.
Training on the ISMT as a replacement for live fire is bullsh!t.

The sights are the main problem.
Marines need to learn how to work the leaf style sights.
They are spoiled with the scopes and peep sights. :marine:

If I ever see a Marine use the Weaver stance with the M9, I will knife hand his jugular so hard it send him back to 1800 where his stance belongs.

Achped
06-13-09, 08:56 AM
No, it's not ridiculously hard, but Marines never get enough live fire practice for the 9mm.

If I ever see a Marine use the Weaver stance with the M9, I will knife hand his jugular so hard it send him back to 1800 where his stance belongs.

I agree. We didn't even "snap in" the pistol at all. I had to do that on the firing line during practice to see if I was jerking the trigger (I was). All my rounds when I first started shooting were hitting the ground, the ****ing ground!!

As for the weaver...uhhhhh :scared:

Alisium
06-13-09, 12:27 PM

The only time I used a 9mm was on ship when we were practicing Jet Li moves with Doc's weapon.

MLMonk
06-13-09, 07:44 PM
Your weapon jammed? Did you apply corrective action? You know what an alibi is?

I did everything right and the range coaches didn't see it, this was in bootcamp though. I cleared the jam with 2 seconds left on the final target.