View Full Version : The Navy...

Jarhed87
06-12-09, 03:16 PM
...according to this littel girl! :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/334i1qw.jpg

JWDevilDog
06-12-09, 06:39 PM
WOW lol... Hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahah

Doc.. What do you have to say about this??

Integrity57
06-12-09, 07:31 PM
I have to say our SEALs get to any AO before any Marine units do, so suck on that.

P.S. I have great respect for the Corps and Marines but don't forget who pays the bills.

Pete0331
06-12-09, 07:34 PM
I have to say our SEALs get to any AO before any Marine units do, so suck on that.

Who were the first units on the ground in OEF?
Thats right, Army Special Forces followed by Marines.

Integrity57
06-12-09, 07:59 PM
Army Delta were the first in Afghanistan at Tora Bora but the SEALs and Air Force CCT's secured Camp Rhino before the MEU ever arrived after it's many techincal difficulties. Don't believe me? Check Capt. Dick Couch's (SEAL) USN Ret. "Down Range."

DocGreek
06-12-09, 11:12 PM
:evilgrin:
I don't know how to tell ALL of you Grunts, but you're PART of The Navy...what do you think Fleet Marine Force...stands for?? PLEASE be VERY careful WHICH Squids you pick on!! SORRY...but, Corpsmen who have served in Combat, with the Fleet Marines...DO NOT appreciate OUT-SIDERS, who don't know SH!T, about the Honor, Dignity, and Respect we are entitled to. Department of The United States Navy, and Marine Corps.....HMMMMM....interesting.....SEMPER FIDELIS....Doc Greek

:evilgrin:...NO CORPSMEN....NO MARINES!....:evilgrin:

sparkie
06-12-09, 11:22 PM
Doc,,,,,,,You're part of the Navy,,,,,,, The part your cheeks part,,,,,,,,,I just know green.

Fievel
06-12-09, 11:26 PM
Not trying to stir sh*t up, as I appreciate and respect the Corpsmen as much as any Marine ...

but I saw a bumper sticker the other day that summed up the Marine's involvement in the Navy:

"Yes, the Marines are a department of the Navy; we're the MEN'S department!" :D

sparkie
06-12-09, 11:28 PM
Not trying to stir sh*t up, as I appreciate and respect the Corpsmen as much as any Marine ...

but I saw a bumper sticker the other day that summed up the Marine's involvement in the Navy:

An oldie but a Goodie,,,,,,,,,,

semperfi170
06-12-09, 11:30 PM
We are not part of the Navy. It may be splitting hairs, but both the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Marine Corps are part of the Department of the Navy. BTW: Of course we are the better part of that department which includes our Docs!

Integrity57
06-12-09, 11:42 PM
****, judging by the handwriting alone I'd say Jarhed87 (nice spelling) wrote that note and was trying to cover his ass by saying it was a little girl. Marines aren't all that bad, two of my best friends are Marines as well as most of my friends from this site, just don't expect a Sailor to take **** from you with a smile, we've been putting up with ya'll for too long lol.

Fievel
06-12-09, 11:47 PM
****, judging by the handwriting alone I'd say Jarhed87 (nice spelling) wrote that note and was trying to cover his ass by saying it was a little girl. Marines aren't all that bad, two of my best friends are Marines as well as most of my friends from this site, just don't expect a Sailor to take **** from you with a smile, we've been putting up with ya'll for too long lol.

We wouldn't talk **** to you guys if you put up with it with a smile! :beer:

DocGreek
06-13-09, 06:04 AM
:flag:
GENTLEMEN.....there's NOTHING wrong with this thread!! We ALL enjoy picking on each other! If anyone is offended...I'll apologize for ALL of us! No personal harm was intended. BUT...just to make sure....I NEVER did, and I NEVER saw, a Doc SH!T his trou. in an ambush, OR a firefight....can't say that for FNG Marines!! MAN...WHAT A STINK!!! HA! HA! HA! HA!......DOC:banana:

Fievel
06-13-09, 10:51 AM
:flag:
GENTLEMEN.....there's NOTHING wrong with this thread!! We ALL enjoy picking on each other! If anyone is offended...I'll apologize for ALL of us! No personal harm was intended. BUT...just to make sure....I NEVER did, and I NEVER saw, a Doc SH!T his trou. in an ambush, OR a firefight....can't say that for FNG Marines!! MAN...WHAT A STINK!!! HA! HA! HA! HA!......DOC:banana:

Just for the record, I never had to push a Marine off the back of my AAV in the middle of a firefight ... can't say that for the Doc! I had to throw an MRE at him to wake him up, too! HA! HA! HA!

:beer: Semper get-the-hell-off-my-AAV!

In his defense, though, he did have a rough day of watching the Marines distributing humrats the town before!

Semper Fi, Doc!

Alisium
06-13-09, 12:40 PM
Sailors are like convenient cousins when you want to get away from your immediate family.

Wasn't there a bill introduced, recently, to change the "Department of the Navy" to "The Department of the Navy and Marine Corps" ?

I could swear I read that here somewhere.

StoneTheWeak
06-14-09, 10:07 PM

P.S. I have great respect for the Corps and Marines but don't forget who pays the bills.

And they spend how long there? And what percentage of the Navy actually make it through BUDs and become SEALs? The US Navy SEALs are badass, but they are a tiny tiny portion of the Navy and they don't win wars.

Fievel
06-14-09, 10:12 PM
Yeah, you saw what the Marines did to the SEALS in "The Rock." Everyone knows that was real!

Petz
06-15-09, 12:25 AM
but as it was stated, the U.S. Navy is apart of the Department of the Navy just as we are.

the secretary of the Navy deals directly with the commandant, we don't have to have anything run through an admiral.

we share higher headquarters for finacial issues with the navy (comptroller).... it's a very complicated marriage and I can say I'm not even 40% sure of it all myself.

Petz
06-15-09, 12:29 AM
And they spend how long there? And what percentage of the Navy actually make it through BUDs and become SEALs? The US Navy SEALs are badass, but they are a tiny tiny portion of the Navy and they don't win wars.

I really hope you're kidding... "the Rock" is a movie, and they had the tactical advantage of the high ground... it was a shooting gallery.

if you didn't know this I'll educate you now.

the reason it's so difficult to shoot on an angle is because of the under/over compensation you need depending on the direction you are facing.

so in the heat of battle you get screwed like that... besides those showers were designed so the guards could kill everyone in them with min. danger to themselves.

Fievel
06-15-09, 01:07 AM
I really hope you're kidding... "the Rock" is a movie, and they had the tactical advantage of the high ground... it was a shooting gallery.

if you didn't know this I'll educate you now.

the reason it's so difficult to shoot on an angle is because of the under/over compensation you need depending on the direction you are facing.

so in the heat of battle you get screwed like that... besides those showers were designed so the guards could kill everyone in them with min. danger to themselves.

You replied to the wrong post, Staff Sergeant, but yes I was kidding :D Gimme SOME credit here!!

Petz
06-15-09, 08:52 AM
yeah, I noticed that after the 5 min...... but I didn't care so, I don't care.

glad you understood.

Alisium
06-15-09, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&feature=PlayList&p=EE5D089F47162132&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9

Petz
06-15-09, 10:11 AM
no wonder the navy endorsed that song!!! it's full of gay guys!!

mcvet57103
06-15-09, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&feature=PlayList&p=EE5D089F47162132&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9ROFLMFAO!!!!! Bunch of turd burglars, and don't they look good in their Navy uniforms. LOL No Offense Doc, Just havin fun.:banana:

TJR1070
06-15-09, 02:14 PM
Hey is the Indian headress part of the new Navy uniform?

Supersquishy
06-15-09, 02:16 PM
Hey is the Indian headress part of the new Navy uniform?

Yea, but only the Chiefs get to wear them.

mcvet57103
06-15-09, 02:19 PM
Hey is the Indian headress part of the new Navy uniform?I heard they have those napkins on the back of their whites so their buddy has a place to wipe the crap off his tool when he's done.:banana::D:yes:

TJR1070
06-15-09, 02:36 PM
Yea, but only the Chiefs get to wear them.

Now that was funny!!!!!!

ecfree
06-15-09, 02:38 PM
Talk about blow jobs..:p...There's six of them right there......:D

TJR1070
06-15-09, 02:47 PM
I heard they have those napkins on the back of their whites so their buddy has a place to wipe the crap off his tool when he's done.:banana::D:yes:

I also heard they had their names sewn on the back of their pants so they would know which guy they were doing!!!!

Integrity57
06-15-09, 08:41 PM

Well Stone, if you knew what the role of any Spec Ops unit was you would know that they are the tip of spear, and usually strike first in an invasion before any conventional units and then continue forward, so they're job isn't to stay static and fight on-going battles unless they're conducting Foreign Internal Defense with units from the country that they're operating in. FYI the flap on the front of our dress blue trousers is known as the Marine bib :scared:, so you can wipe your chin and carry on.

Hotdog75XX
06-15-09, 10:42 PM
Spec Ops unit was you would know that they are the tip of spearLast time I checked "spears" usually stab something, not take pictures of it and go home...

...and for those who don't know actually know why the SEALS exist, it was because the Corps did not want to have a Marines' primary mission (Recon Marines in the 50s) supporting Navy and other assets that were NOT Marines. Recon and Raiders were launching from subs before SEALs were a thought in the minds of any UDT operator in WWII. As a matter of fact, many of the training regimens that the SEALs started their program with came straight from early Marine' Recon courses.

Furthermore, if sailors were as disciplined and gung-ho as Marines were then there would be no need for Marines. As our original purpose for existence is for us to protect sailors from mutinying against their skippers.

US Navy: Best damn taxi service in the world.

:D

Integrity57
06-15-09, 11:38 PM
Sir, Marine Recon and the UDTs were formed at basically the same time in the 1940s and undertook similar missions but Recon's focused more on combat and the UDT's of mapping out and clearing beach obsticals for amphibious landings to take place. The SEALs foundation was formed from the UDT program and when President Kennedy expressed the need for a broader spectrum of Special Warfare units, the Chief of Naval Operations in 1961, ultimately stood up the Navy's SEAL program that same year.

Hotdog75XX
06-16-09, 05:27 PM
Good, so nothing I've stated above is false? Didn't Marines rescue the SEALs during Urgent Fury? We can go back and forth on this...

....Delay of the airdrop until daylight put it thirty-six minutes
behind the Marine assault at Pearls and cost the Rangers and
other Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) forces tactical
surprise. Adjusting the airflow changed the order of the C-130
airdrop which mixed the Ranger units on the landing zone. The
delay of the airdrop and confusion resulting from the unplanned
sequence of the airdrop was a major operational slip-up. After
overcoming stiff Cuban resistance at the airport and rescuing
students at the True Blue campus, the Rangers learned of other
American students at the Grand Anse campus south of St. George’s
and radioed for reinforcements. Meanwhile, having lost the cover
of darkness as they entered St. George’s, Navy SEALs found
themselves trapped and outgunned as they tried to rescue the
Governor-General.
At ADM McDonald’s request, GEN Vessey sent two battalions
from the 82d Airborne Division to reinforce the Rangers. At the
same time, MG Schwarzkopf advised VADM Metcalf to redraw the
tactical boundary between the Army and the Marines and move the
Marines to rescue the SEALs. On 26 October, Schwarzkopf
commandeered Marine helicopters on board the USS Guam to fly
Rangers from Point Salines to rescue nearly two hundred American
students at Grand Anse... from http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/history/urgfury.pdf

In summary, the SEALs get held up, the Rangers are late and not fast enough, Airborne guys don't have the mobility and firepower, who gets the job done? Actually I would recommend the entire Urgent Fury report to anyone as it shows the capabilities of the MEU and what it did for the entire operation. In terms of firepower, maneuverability, and ship to shore movement of troops.

Not that I'm saying they (the Seals) don't serve their purpose, but **** happens. In terms of dominating a battlespace Marines get the nod. Either way I'm glad to have them on my side. :thumbup:

Fievel
06-16-09, 06:54 PM
Good, so nothing I've stated above is false? Didn't Marines rescue the SEALs during Urgent Fury? We can go back and forth on this...

from http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/history/urgfury.pdf

In summary, the SEALs get held up, the Rangers are late and not fast enough, Airborne guys don't have the mobility and firepower, who gets the job done? Actually I would recommend the entire Urgent Fury report to anyone as it shows the capabilities of the MEU and what it did for the entire operation. In terms of firepower, maneuverability, and ship to shore movement of troops.

Not that I'm saying they (the Seals) don't serve their purpose, but **** happens. In terms of dominating a battlespace Marines get the nod. Either way I'm glad to have them on my side. :thumbup:

That's some good sh1t right there, sir. I'm going to check out that link.

Integrity57
06-16-09, 08:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouts_and_Raiders#Scouts_.26_Raiders

Hotdog75XX
06-16-09, 08:45 PM
^^^Wikipedia quoted: Thread Over

Expound on that; I'm not sure what your trying to state.

Not trying to be a sarcastic ass, I genuinely want to know.

*For future reference, try to come up with something other than a wiki citation, not that some of it isn't true, but anyone can go in there and start making crap up.*

sparkie
06-16-09, 09:09 PM
If you're quotin Raiders, you gotta go back to 'Rogers Raiders". French and indian war. Of which my grandfather, times many, John Stark was one of the founders of 'Special Ops'. Went on to command the battle of Breeds Hill. Special Forces goes way back.

Hotdog75XX
06-16-09, 09:38 PM
^I think you mean Rogers' Rangers...which were an irregular infantry unit in colonial times...and precursor to the modern Rangers...but no direct lineage. Not raiders though...

That's pretty damn impressive if you can trace your family tree all the way back to those times.

Petz
06-17-09, 01:22 AM
I'd like to ask a question about that wiki link... I'm under the impression that there was only two raider bn. and that supposed 3rd that's being mentioned in the wiki site was actually the china Marines sent to help the new ROC from being over taken by the imperial japanese... all before WWII even got us involved in it (pearl harbor).

my wifes grandfather (kamikaze pilot who was recalled to protect his base from getting destroyed by us) said the reason Japan bombed us was because of our involvement in china... to include the blockades and fuel embargos because of it.

sparkie
06-17-09, 06:41 AM
Pardon my beer.:beer:

OleDoc
06-17-09, 12:32 PM

I had a bumper stick in the 70's.....

The Marines Have a Few Good Men
NAVY Corpsman

OleDoc
06-17-09, 12:34 PM

I had a bumper sticker in the 70's.....

The Marines Have a Few Good Men
NAVY Corpsman

woodywood09
06-17-09, 02:05 PM
That is the best laugh I have had all day!!!!:)

Integrity57
06-17-09, 02:50 PM
The point I was trying to make with that link was that we are both right and wrong on some of the details sir, I would have provided a explanation but I didn't have the time. The UDTs and SEALs didn't borrow from Recon's training doctrine, the UDTs started to develope their own combat tactics after WW2 and would provide the basis for what would become the initial foundation of BUD/S training. The Navy's Scouts and Raiders were formed at the same time as the Corps' and undertook similar missions according to that Wiki link, granted I don't have 100% faith into Wiki because like you said anyone can edit and add what they like to those pages. But what I find most interesting about Recon is found in the third paragraph under the Creation section of Recon's Wiki page (not saying it's the gospel)-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Raiders. No that I've looked back through this thread I can't believe how rediculous this thing has become, it started out with the usual back and forth between the Corps and the Navy and now it's become a debate about the origins of Special Operations lol.

Hotdog75XX
06-17-09, 05:32 PM
with the usual back and forth between the Corps and the Navy and now it's become a debate about the origins of Special Operations lol.
Oh I agree..hahaha...funny how that works...

It always nice to brush up on some history like this every once in awhile. What I was getting at was not that SEALs took their entire training regimen from Marine units but was that part of it was taken specifically the direct action and irregular warfare tactics. This came mainly from what the Corps had learned in the small wars at the beginning of the century. The Corps didn't expand Recon guys to meet the needs to of the JCS mainly because it would not directly provide any greater organic support to the MAU/MEU. Kind of like training an Army soldier to jump into the water and do UDT work for the Navy. It just didn't make sense. Addtionally (and this probably had more to do with it) the Corps budget was shrinking at that time and could not afford to expand, and finally Marines didn't want to become pawns of other services for their special needs. Especially when our service had just survived being folded into the other services.

Personally, I think there should be Marine detachments on all if not most Navy ships and jobs that Marines used to hold be given back to the Corps. However modern times, the evolution of our Marine Corps, and operational needs dictate otherwise.

S/F