PDA

View Full Version : Seeing a Judge in 3 weeks for Early Probation

verlooy
06-12-09, 10:54 AM
Now I apologize if this was already answered, but I am seeing a judge in 3 weeks to review my case and get my probation off or get an early release. It is unsupervised probation for a dui and I already paid off all my fines classes etc.. But my only concern, is if I should tell the judge that I am joining the military for an opportunity and to improve my life like my recruiter is telling me to say. Or should I try to get off for good behavior. The thing is, as you already know, if I tell him its for military purposes he might write something military on the paperwork and ill be disqualified.

So what I am asking is, has anyone ever been in this situation? Did you say anything about the military? What did you say? If not, what should I say?

KawiGunny
06-12-09, 10:59 AM
You should say "I don't care what you do since I don't care about rules".

Read the rules and fill out your profile.:evilgrin:

verlooy
06-12-09, 11:04 AM
done

MARINECID
06-12-09, 02:29 PM
If you get off probation early, you have a 90 day wait before you can enlist or until your original release date, whichever comes first. Ask your Recruiter to read the MPPM.

Phantom Blooper
06-12-09, 04:21 PM
Lawd a mercy me verlooy , da judge is gonna b on u lik a chiken on june bug...iffen u goes in wit n attude lik dat!

Don't do da crime iffen u don't want to do da time...

But if you go into court all billy bad azz verlooy...and don't care about the rules of life or respect the courts...why are you caring enough to ask the question now?

Go in act all bad... get contempt.... get a 8' 300lb bailiff on your azz...get thrown in the lock up and see how many more problems you incur...you really will need a drink then!

Wise up.....if you act that way as a civilian in the civilian sector the Marines don't need you or want you!

:evilgrin:

BR34
06-12-09, 04:33 PM
Now I apologize if this was already answered, but I am seeing a judge in 3 weeks to review my case and get my probation off or get an early release. It is unsupervised probation for a dui and I already paid off all my fines classes etc.. But my only concern, is if I should tell the judge that I am joining the military for an opportunity and to improve my life like my recruiter is telling me to say. Or should I try to get off for good behavior. The thing is, as you already know, if I tell him its for military purposes he might write something military on the paperwork and ill be disqualified.

So what I am asking is, has anyone ever been in this situation? Did you say anything about the military? What did you say? If not, what should I say?

Okay, let's be clear. Probation is granted on grounds that your sentence (in jail) be suspended IF all conditions of the probation are met. So you've already had your sentence suspended, and now you want to suspend your suspension, which it seems to me should only be fair that you report directly to jail to serve your time, since you were too good to finish probation.

Ask the judge to suspend your suspension because you've had "good behavior", but don't get butt hurt when he laughs in your face.

By the way, how long have you been on probation, how long do you have to be on probation, and how long was the sentence you will get if you fail to satisfactorily complete your probation?

verlooy
06-13-09, 03:13 PM
Ive been probation for 6 months, 6 months to go of unsupervised probation (1 year of Court probation). I've already read about the requirements before I can get off probation. I talked to a lawyer and asked him about the situation. I know about the 90 day wait, again that is not my concern. The only thing im asking are tips I should say to the judge so I can get off early and get into Bootcamp by November or December

Alisium
06-13-09, 03:39 PM
I go to court a lot, just to watch. Yeah, I'm wierd like that (even take my son, it's a small municiple court about two blocks away). I've seen the judge commute a sentence or otherwise works to help out a person if they show they are making some kind of progress and have an otherwise clean record... in good faith. But, they make a note of it, if you return for some bonehead reason then they come down pretty harsh.

I can't hurt to let the judge know you have a plan. Not just a whim but a serious plan. Maybe a letter from the recruiter or, if he wants to he might even come with you on your behalf. At the very least the public defender, or your lawyer can vouch for you.

verlooy
06-13-09, 04:40 PM
Hey thanks for the info that's perfect, and ya my plan was to see if the recruiter could do that or even make it to whom it may concern if he cant.

Feel free to lock it admins if you like

MARINECID
06-15-09, 07:44 AM
Do not bring your Recruiter or ask him for a letter. That is the fastest way for a Recruiter to get relieved of his duties and get kicked out of the Corps. I have seen this happen a few times in my 9 years on Recruiting duty. If your Recruiter is caught, he will be punished. A Recruiter CAN NOT be involved in any court proceedings. No matter how small his involvement is.

verlooy
06-15-09, 09:36 PM
heh funny you tell me that, because I was just talking to him today and I couldnt get him to budge with the letter. So ya I guess its all up to the judge and how I present my self.

Alisium
06-15-09, 09:53 PM
I stand corrected. Thank you, Gunny.

Well, there's still your lawyer...

verlooy
08-04-09, 11:05 PM
Well since this thread isn't locked and maybe if you guys were wondering, I did get off of probation about a month ago after speaking to the judge and I got 60 more days until I can enlist! I cant wait to ship out Ive been trying since January but I got a damn DUI and I can almost say I'm glad I got it because I didn't die nor did i kill anyone and it sure the hell put me back into shape. I learned my lesson that's for sure

Thank you for the facts and support

Do not drink and drive!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-05-09, 01:47 AM
Good! Hard lesson learned but at least you've LEARNED it. Good luck!

Petz
08-07-09, 08:14 PM
ditto.