PDA

View Full Version : Going to MEPS

Eldridge0311
06-11-09, 06:58 PM
Going to MEPS Tuesday I am really excited to DEP.

Then waiting for second MEPS before I ship out after the new fiscal year to guarantee my MOS.

Just really excited.:bunny:

chadhertz
06-11-09, 07:07 PM
I'm in the same boat. I go up on the nineteenth and the twentieth of this month to do all the physicals and stuff. Than I'll go up the week after to swear in.:)
What jobs are you looking at?

Eldridge0311
06-11-09, 08:25 PM
Looking for 0311 but all the jobs are taken for that this year. So I have to wait for the new fiscal year. What about you?

Hartford
06-12-09, 01:36 AM
Not sure what it's like on the east coast (MCRDPI) but I'm going to MCRDSD and I DEP'd in on Tuesday and got a January 2010 ship date so don't worry about having to wait for the new fiscal year to get the MOS you want...you'll have enough time.

Eldridge0311
06-12-09, 11:38 AM
Thanks Hartford.

Just curious did you take your ASVAB before going to MEPS or while you had your visit at MEPS?

Hartford
06-12-09, 12:28 PM
I took the ASVAB one day, medical another and fingerprints/contract/swear-in another day.

I'd be impressed to see someone do all of it in one day. Unless MEPS just isn't very busy or something. I was at MEPS for Medical & Contract on "Mission" days I believe so every recruiter pushed their recruits in that day to try and get them DEP'd in before the date so that month looked better on paper for the recruiter.

Eldridge0311
06-12-09, 05:14 PM
Ya so I am taking ASVAB monday then MEPS Tuesday swearing in etc. signing contract and getting my MOS but I will be going to MEPS again before my ship date to get checked up again and to make sure I have been a good boy :D

kash
06-12-09, 05:36 PM
Take the ASVAB before MEPS, that way you can get everything done in one day

Fievel
06-12-09, 05:52 PM
I never thought I would see the day that the 0311 field was full. When I came in (way back in 2000) open contract meant you were going to be a grunt (I was Amphibious Assault Vehicle Crewman).

Also, I still remember the MEPS in Sacramento. The place was FULL of people going into the military. Out of the whole building, I was one of 7 people going into the Marines. That told me right then that I was definitely going to be a part of a small Marine Corps. We wore the white shirts that had the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on them and walked around that MEPS station with pride. We gave the bird to everyone who was afraid to be a Marine in that place. Ahhhh those were the good ol' days. The cockyness only increased after boot camp.