PDA

View Full Version : Flipped off safe the other day

Fievel
06-11-09, 11:01 AM
It still gets me mad thinking about it. I've been out of the Marine Corps for almost 5 years now. I went on a little 3 mile run the other day with my wife and daughters. Both of my daughters, 9 and 6, were riding their bikes because they could not keep up by running.

I crossed a street and my wife was still a little ways behind because I decided to do some run-sprint-runs. So in the gap between my wife and I, my girls were riding their bikes. After I crossed the street, I slowed my run down and waited for my daughters to catch up. I knew they would not cross the street unless I told them to do so.

My 6 year old came to the street first, and since there were no cars I motioned for her to cross. Out of nowhere, some teenager came flying up to the street to make a left turn. As he pulled up, I heard him say "Get out of the way!" He didn't yell it, but since I was not right next to his car and still heard him, I knew my daughter did too.

Him and his friend in the passenger seat started laughing, they did not see me standing next to the corner because of the trees and bushes. I stepped out and yelled at them as they were turning the corner "What the f*ck did you say?! Who the f*ck are you talking to?!"

I was storming after them like I fully intended to light them up on my imaginary quarterdeck. I went into "Corporal Clements" mode. The driver looked at me and his eyes turned into saucers and his passenger said something that I did not hear. The next thing I know, they were hauling ass to get out of my path of destruction.

A minute or so later, the driver came back around the corner after dropping his friend off. I was still standing there waiting for him and when he drove up to the stop sign, I started chewing his ass some more. I was ready to fight, and I know I would have gone to jail for attacking him, but I did not care. He didn't stop at the stop sign, he rolled through and floored it.

By this time my wife was running up to me asking what had happened. I just told her the guy was being an *sshole, and left it at that.

Do you guys ever get that way? Do you guys find yourselves snapping back into your Marine Corps personalities after you got out? I find that I do it more often than I like to admit, and when I get like that my wife starts addressing me by my last name. She'll yell "Clements!" instead of my first name because she says I don't answer to it when I'm like that. Just curious if you guys do the same thing.

NoRemorse
06-11-09, 11:05 AM
Welcome aboard, Corporal. The azzhole was fvcking with your family, I think you showed great restraint.

Happens to me at times but the wife is learning to reign me in.

Supersquishy
06-11-09, 11:18 AM
Yes all the time, more likely so because these self centered inconsiderate a-holes in their monster suv on a small island **** me off. park in the middle of the street to talk to their buddies blocking traffic. had one fat fvcker block my wife in at a parking lot and told her off, All I saw was red, I was coming for that mother fvker, my wife yelled at me to stop. Just last week had some dumb fat fvck cut me off so she could get ahead of traffic. I went off on fvcking braod, lit her up.

thewookie
06-11-09, 12:06 PM
I've been out for almost 10 years now so it's not as often that I get upset with stupid civilians, but a few months back this past winter, I had a close encounter with a young kid who was running up my arse on the highway. After he passed me nearly hitting me I followed him to his destination and blocked him in, then I came out of my Jeep wielding my 20" Maglight and I came at him like a wild-man.

But, thanks to the Marine Corps, I have much more restraint and awareness of the big picture and I didn't touch him. But I was close; that kid doesn't know how lucky he was.:evilgrin:

Alisium
06-11-09, 01:30 PM
I stay in my house all day and talk to you guys.

Problem solved.

thedrifter
06-11-09, 02:29 PM
I stay in my house all day and talk to you guys.

Problem solved.

;):D

Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

DocGreek
06-11-09, 03:00 PM
GENTLEMEN....MAKE SURE that you watch "Gran Torino"....you'll meet me, and a lot like me....DOC

0bsolescence
06-11-09, 03:13 PM
Sometimes I just snap straight back my active duty persona. One example is a couple months back a friend of mine (former peer in high school, former active duty Marine, and now co-worker) and I were out to get some Joe and smoke and joke. We were standing on the corner of our building and I noticed this guy that was behaving rather erratically across the street.

I looked over at him with a puzzled look on my face. He then crosses over and asked me what my f'ing problem was under his breath. I turned and replied "What did you say?" He then stopped and said "You heard me, I said what's your f'ing problem." At that point my blood was boiling and I was ready to find a make believe tree line to take care of some business, but managed to keep me cool.

At that point I was shaking with rage and my friend sat their chuckeling. My friend apparently thought it was funny that the guy decided to open his mouth. It took me a fair amount of time to calm down, but the edacity of that individual really struck a nerve with me that day. My safety was off, but weapons weren't free to engage.

Sgt Jim
06-11-09, 05:17 PM
I have to keep my cool,i aways have my side arm with me,i just let the idiots go.Fievel what happened to you and your family i would have reacted the same way if i had been in your boots.

Marine84
06-11-09, 07:31 PM
At least once a day.

Fievel
06-11-09, 08:14 PM
I'm glad I found a job working with the Marines as a civilian contractor. I don't think I would make it in the civilian sector anymore. I would get fired for lighting someone up or accidentally slipping an "F" bomb into a sentence or two.

My team of 6 are all former Marines, 4 of which are retired. Being around them is like still being in the Marine Corps. It's funny because we'll be talking about some f*cked up sh*t at dinner and no one will stop and say "guys, I'm eating!" No one misses a beat.

I guess I just have to chalk it up as "failure to adapt" into the civilian world. I just couldn't believe someone would act like that to my little girl when she was minding her own business, and I wasn't going to standby while that happened. It's good to know that I'm not the only one out here trying to hold the urge back from locking these civilian pukes on! :beer:

Alisium
06-11-09, 09:09 PM
Reining in my "f" bombs was probably the hardest thing to do. That and not completely freak out my co-workers about wh0res in Thailand.

Fievel
06-11-09, 09:15 PM
Reining in my "f" bombs was probably the hardest thing to do. That and not completely freak out my co-workers about wh0res in Thailand.

LMFAO I wouldn't even bring that up in a regular conversation with the civilians. That would be put on hold for use as an ice-breaker at a formal dinner or something!

I didn't get to hit phuket, I was at Pattaya Beach in 2002. I learned a lot about what the female (supposedly) body can do in that place as far as shooting darts and ping pong balls ...

:beer:

JWDevilDog
06-11-09, 10:25 PM
Holy sh*t don't even get me started on Pattaya... Oh the memories, and nights where I should have memories but can't seem to locate any!

My favorite was the cake and candle and blowing it out trick. Holy f*ck...

Covey_Rider
06-11-09, 10:39 PM
haha ahhhh Thailand :)

I'm still active duty so all I can speak of is when I go home on leave...I sit there and keep my mouth shut. Everyone asks there questions and I answer them politely or I tell them to fvck off. Then if they push it my switch gets tripped. Like everyone else I think the most important thing for us is to have our women to bring us back.

Fievel
06-11-09, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the banana show was boring after that. Ahhhh good times

Covey_Rider
06-11-09, 10:48 PM
Noted fvckers haha

Alisium
06-11-09, 10:53 PM
haha ahhhh Thailand :)

I'm still active duty so all I can speak of is when I go home on leave...I sit there and keep my mouth shut. Everyone asks there questions and I answer them politely or I tell them to fvck off. Then if they push it my switch gets tripped. Like everyone else I think the most important thing for us is to have our women to bring us back.

I sorta learned to despise American women after going oversears. Especially after Australia. In comparrison American women act like bratty middle school girls, only on a more draconian scale.

Fortunately my squidly wife thinks like a dude so we get a long. She don't like the women either.

Fievel
06-11-09, 11:05 PM
I sorta learned to despise American women after going oversears. Especially after Australia. In comparrison American women act like bratty middle school girls, only on a more draconian scale.

Fortunately my squidly wife thinks like a dude so we get a long. She don't like the women either.

I stopped at Sydney and Cairns in 2003 on the way home from Iraq. I stayed drunk the whole time and can't remember much. I do remember that the women were off the fvkcing chain! I remember walking into a mall because we had to get some civvies. All we had were cammies. I was paying for some civvies and the blonde at the register told me how she was all about having sex with us. She was hot, but being married I had to decline. Good ol' Australia!

:beer: To another good time!

0bsolescence
06-12-09, 12:16 AM
I'm glad I found a job working with the Marines as a civilian contractor. I don't think I would make it in the civilian sector anymore. I would get fired for lighting someone up or accidentally slipping an "F" bomb into a sentence or two.

My team of 6 are all former Marines, 4 of which are retired. Being around them is like still being in the Marine Corps. It's funny because we'll be talking about some f*cked up sh*t at dinner and no one will stop and say "guys, I'm eating!" No one misses a beat.

I guess I just have to chalk it up as "failure to adapt" into the civilian world. I just couldn't believe someone would act like that to my little girl when she was minding her own business, and I wasn't going to standby while that happened. It's good to know that I'm not the only one out here trying to hold the urge back from locking these civilian pukes on! :beer:

I kicked off my life as a "civilian" the same way. I went straight from Oki to Seps Co. Took a two week "vacation" to see family and then headed straight back to Oki to work in the same building I did as a Marine, only as a contractor. All of my former co-workers at that job were former Marines with the exception of one retired Navy Chief.

I worked that job for almost five years, had some major life changes, and then found myself back in my home of record. Now the majority of the people I work with have never served more than maybe your pizza to your front door while they were in college.

I can completely relate to how you feel about having a "failure to adapt". If it wasn't for my "morning sanity breaks" with another Marine and a sailor, I would probably end up losing my mind.

SgtLisdog58
06-12-09, 01:22 AM
My fiancé calls this "the Marine switch". She has helped to tame it some but knows when to just let it go and let me be most times. In fact most times she likes to let it go cause she "enjoys the show".:marine:

Funny thing is I don't remember getting a surgery

Bob Ash
06-12-09, 01:54 PM
Just curious if you guys do the same thing.

No. When you get your CCW permit you officially lose the right to fly off the handle. But I do know how you feel for sure.

Fievel
06-12-09, 02:53 PM
No. When you get your CCW permit you officially lose the right to fly off the handle. But I do know how you feel for sure.

Stupid ass California won't give me a CCW. Hell, with Obama in office, we should all be losing the right to bear arms, anyway. But I won't get started on that, politics gets me going too!

crate78
06-12-09, 11:00 PM
All the time. Probably the most memorable was when a niece of ours got married.

The reception was at a Holiday Inn by an indoor pool. A group of bikers was staying in the motel and crashed our party. I usually have nothing against bikers, but these guys were already drunk and disrupted the whole affair. As it happened, four other uncles of the bride were Army combat veterans of the Korean War.

We told the motel Duty Manager to get the party crashers separated. We waited 15 minutes and nothing happened. It was clear that the manager didn't want to get involved. We five then told the manager if the situation wasn't straightened out in ten minutes, we'd handle it ourselves. We also told him if we handled it ourselves it wouldn't be pretty, a lot of his furniture would get busted up, and Holiday Inn would get an awful lot of ink they didn't want in the local newspaper.

Management finally saw it our way.

sparkie
06-12-09, 11:15 PM
HAHAHA,,,,, Gran Torino,,,,,,,, Yea,,,,,like that.
Last week I set my drill down on a cabinet,,, and the General Contractor said,,, If I see that **** on my new cabinets, I will conficsate those tools" I just said,,, You better grow up first,,,,,,,,It's kinda like that,,,,,,,,,,

Fievel
06-12-09, 11:34 PM
I gotta see that movie. The next time I'm out I'm gonna pick it up. One of my buddies that I work with (Vietnam vet) said he loved the movie and I've been meaning to see it, but I keep forgetting about it until someone brings it up again.

Fievel
06-12-09, 11:39 PM
All the time. Probably the most memorable was when a niece of ours got married.

The reception was at a Holiday Inn by an indoor pool. A group of bikers was staying in the motel and crashed our party. I usually have nothing against bikers, but these guys were already drunk and disrupted the whole affair. As it happened, four other uncles of the bride were Army combat veterans of the Korean War.

We told the motel Duty Manager to get the party crashers separated. We waited 15 minutes and nothing happened. It was clear that the manager didn't want to get involved. We five then told the manager if the situation wasn't straightened out in ten minutes, we'd handle it ourselves. We also told him if we handled it ourselves it wouldn't be pretty, a lot of his furniture would get busted up, and Holiday Inn would get an awful lot of ink they didn't want in the local newspaper.

Management finally saw it our way.

LMAO

I crashed my uncles wedding because the bride's brother called me a b1tch after I got back from Iraq. I proceeded to pound him into the ground before three of my cousins finally tore me away from him. Of course alcohol was involved as there was an open bar at the wedding, but I wasn't going to stand by when someone mouthed off to me like that. My uncle understood afterwards and never said anything about it again. Not something I'm proud of, though.

Achped
06-13-09, 12:29 AM
I don't really have a Marine Corps personality. At all... I wear wrinkly clothes and call things what they are, like the bathroom. I want as little wrong with me when I get out.

Supersquishy
06-13-09, 12:48 PM
I don't really have a Marine Corps personality. At all... I wear wrinkly clothes and call things what they are, like the bathroom. I want as little wrong with me when I get out.

Ok Anti-motivator. :thumbdown Or mabe your really trying to motivate me in some sort of weird way, cause I can't wait to sign the reenlistment and find you NASTIES! Look out Marine, times on my side!

Wyoming
06-13-09, 04:15 PM

I went to the range today with my 13 yo GD. It was kinda a kids day and freebie lunch.

Anyway, a couple of us got to talking, re; the comment by Bob Ash.

I guess I never thought about it, but it makes sense, if you are carrying, or have a CFP, you gotta be careful how you 'come off safety'.

Interesting. Any other comments along those lines?

Supersquishy
06-13-09, 04:41 PM
I guess I never thought about it, but it makes sense, if you are carrying, or have a CFP, you gotta be careful how you 'come off safety'.

Interesting. Any other comments along those lines?

As long as you don't brandish the weapon, or use it (keeping it concealed). I don't see why having a CCW prevents you from lighting up the offender verbally. Now if the offender pulls out a weapon on me or on my family, the dude is toast.

Fievel
06-13-09, 08:53 PM
As long as you don't brandish the weapon, or use it (keeping it concealed). I don't see why having a CCW prevents you from lighting up the offender verbally. Now if the offender pulls out a weapon on me or on my family, the dude is toast.

Maybe verbal arguments lead to brandishing firearms like farting leads to taking a dump :D

I would see how having a CCW would morally contract you into having to keep your cool even more. I don't know how it works, though. Can you lose your CCW for getting into verbal arguments and losing your cool?

Supersquishy
06-14-09, 08:35 AM
Can you lose your CCW for getting into verbal arguments and losing your cool?

Not that I know of, took the class in AZ, never mentioned it, Have one in FL, never mentioned anything to that effect. Just don't whip it out or threaten to use it, youll be in jail fast.

DocGreek
06-14-09, 10:34 AM
CIRCUMSTANCES!!!....about a year ago, I was confronted by two thugs, at the entrance to a resturant...one pulled a knife, and the other demanded money. I said "SURE"...and pulled my .44 Mag. out and gave them to the count of three....when I said ONE...they VANISHED!!! Lots of other people around, and I got SOME applause!!!....NOTE....I am NOT a nice person when confronted!!!.....DOC

Supersquishy
06-14-09, 06:25 PM
Ok this is another example how a Marine could switch the safety off, but I didn't. I was out running (PT) 30 minutes ago with my dog, on the return trip homeward bound in the 90 degree hot humid heat, this F-ing ***** saw me coming about 25 yard from her house, she slides the gate to her driveway open and lets her big ass German Shepard mix out without a leash, the damn thing started coming towards me and my dog (5 month old Doberman Pincher) and I was ready for a fight. Luckily I kept trucking and telling Layla (my dog) to ignore the POS. I looked at the lady like WTF!!!! and she just stood there smoking her F-ing cigarrette with a smirk. I came this close to lighting her up Marine style, but thought of this thread and how things could go bad fast, so I kept running, I didn't evan give her the bird. People down where I live are some of the most self centered, inconsiderate pieces of sh1t. Even the F-ing school bus will run you over if you don't dive into the ditch.:thumbdown

drillinstructor
06-15-09, 05:17 PM
Ok this is another example how a Marine could switch the safety off, but I didn't. I was out running (PT) 30 minutes ago with my dog, on the return trip homeward bound in the 90 degree hot humid heat, this F-ing ***** saw me coming about 25 yard from her house, she slides the gate to her driveway open and lets her big ass German Shepard mix out without a leash, the damn thing started coming towards me and my dog (5 month old Doberman Pincher) and I was ready for a fight. Luckily I kept trucking and telling Layla (my dog) to ignore the POS. I looked at the lady like WTF!!!! and she just stood there smoking her F-ing cigarrette with a smirk. I came this close to lighting her up Marine style, but thought of this thread and how things could go bad fast, so I kept running, I didn't evan give her the bird. People down where I live are some of the most self centered, inconsiderate pieces of sh1t. Even the F-ing school bus will run you over if you don't dive into the ditch.:thumbdown

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE ......AFTER READING THESE POST I REALLY AM NORMAL THANKS ALL FOR THE LAUGHS

Wyoming
06-15-09, 06:09 PM
Tim Walker, YOU - NORMAL - Sheeit!!:D

drillinstructor
06-15-09, 06:11 PM
Tim Walker, YOU - NORMAL - Sheeit!!:D

hahah Thanks Big Al I am just taking after you......

TJR1070
06-15-09, 06:45 PM
The Fire Service is close to the military, the practical jokes and brutal verbal assaults are common place. No wonder I feel at home when I go to work everyday.

sparkie
06-15-09, 08:55 PM
I'm duin a job,,, Fast food. I'm puttin in cameras, satellite music, and the drive thru comm, It was Raisin Cane on Las vegas Blvd. So I'm in a tight office with a ladder, pullin wire, when this kid walks in. I said "you need to be up here" He said "that's ok". so I kept Pullin, would have taken another minute. Then I hear on his Nextel,,,, You ready to Get this wire in? He says "No, some old azz hole is in the way".
I broke,,,,jumped off that ladder, And let him know I was Pizzed......
Guess it was a training session 'cause the other 5 children started to gather 'round. It don't take 6 to pull in cat 5 for the POS. I called all those Fkrs out to the lot, then their boss showed up and started to backpedal,,,,,,, He was abt 36. Now, at 57, I can't take on 6 kids, but I would have bloodied a couple. Well, he got em in line, and I said start watchin your boys. Is that what this thread is about? Yea, I loose it sometimes,,,,,,,,

Dublin0341
06-15-09, 09:31 PM
I snapped after Iraq when I went home to Ireland. Some guy was choking out a girl in a night club and I approached and told him politely to take his hands off her. He told me to f*** off and thats when his head became the object of my attention. I had another Marine with me visiting my birth place which was lucky because the place came a free for all which is not exactly what we had wanted, just could not let a lady be choked like that.

The guy and several of his friends never knew what (or i guess who) hit them.

We were able to walk out of there unscratched and my bro was just happy to say that he went to Europe and got in a Bar fight and got out on top.

charm1110
06-16-09, 02:05 PM
I don't have an anger management problem. If some AzZ is threatening and yelling at his girl w/ baby in a public parking lot ..that sh*t doesn't bother me at all, or if someone tells me they're going to meet me at a certain time and they don't show up... no problem... some azzwipe cuts me off on the merge lane so he can get to the red light faster.. I got no problem with that or the f*ckhead speeding down my street at 3 in the afternoon when all the kids are out playing and riding bikes...yep....cool, calm, collected... no anger here.. they're just civilians right? they don't know better... right????

FistFu68
06-16-09, 03:34 PM
:evilgrin: You twist this Old Mutha Fucers Tail 2 much,@ I will @ have gone Animal more than once!!!How You think Us Combat Vets live 2 be our age @ older??? You got 2 know when 2 hold 'em @ when 2 fold 'em.Getting Old in America ain't 4 Pussies!!!S/F that :beer: :iwo:

Fievel
06-16-09, 03:43 PM
I don't have an anger management problem. If some AzZ is threatening and yelling at his girl w/ baby in a public parking lot ..that sh*t doesn't bother me at all, or if someone tells me they're going to meet me at a certain time and they don't show up... no problem... some azzwipe cuts me off on the merge lane so he can get to the red light faster.. I got no problem with that or the f*ckhead speeding down my street at 3 in the afternoon when all the kids are out playing and riding bikes...yep....cool, calm, collected... no anger here.. they're just civilians right? they don't know better... right????

Wrong! They're self-absorbed *******s that just want to make their own lives convenient and comfortable - to hell with everyone else.

It's funny because I work at the 3rd AABn ramp on Pendleton as a civilian contractor, but I've been on the ramp since I was still working there as a Marine. I find myself talking **** about a lot of the civilians that show up on the ramp - and then realize that I'm also a civilian on the ramp. What a hypocrit, huh? I've been on that ramp for almost 9 years now - 4 of which was active duty.

charm1110
06-16-09, 04:04 PM
Wrong! They're self-absorbed *******s that just want to make their own lives convenient and comfortable - to hell with everyone else.......

I was being sarcastic there, I've been in more fights than I care to remember because of stupid sh*t civilians do.. getting older though trying to change my tack but it's hard to stop being a Marine even after all this time.

Semper Fi...:flag:

Fievel
06-16-09, 06:49 PM
I was being sarcastic there, I've been in more fights than I care to remember because of stupid sh*t civilians do.. getting older though trying to change my tack but it's hard to stop being a Marine even after all this time.

Semper Fi...:flag:

I know you were. I could almost feel the sarcasm towards the end of your post, but I felt that it was still necessary for me to point out the obvious :marine:

charm1110
06-17-09, 07:59 PM
I know you were. I could almost feel the sarcasm towards the end of your post, but I felt that it was still necessary for me to point out the obvious :marine:

Cool :thumbup: