PDA

View Full Version : "The Card"

MarinesFTW
06-10-09, 10:39 PM
This is an email that I got earlier today from my mother who got it from a family friend that served in the navy. It was good moto and really showed the brotherhood of the Corps. <br />
<br />
<br />
The Old...

JSam
06-10-09, 10:52 PM
Man, I've read/seen that 5 times, now... and every time, it's freaking awesome. Good post, bro.

MarinesFTW
06-10-09, 11:01 PM
Man, I've read/seen that 5 times, now... and every time, it's freaking awesome. Good post, bro.

Yeah, I was board as hell and it made me get out and run a few miles.

chadhertz
06-10-09, 11:39 PM
Great post. Motivating.:thumbup:

Fievel
06-11-09, 12:30 AM
That's the first time I read that. It choked me up.

I shake hands with all the older Marines I come across. I remember about a year after I got home from Iraq, I attended a 4th of July ceremony that a lot of Vietnam vets showed up to. The ceremony was great and I stood there in my Dress Blues admiring the crowds of people. A guy wearing a black leather jacket with the Marine Corps emblem on the back approached me and pointed to my combat action ribbon and asked,

"Where did you earn that?" I told him about how I earned it from Al Kut in Iraq. He then shook my hand and said,

"Welcome home, Marine." in which I replied to him,

"Semper Fi, brother." When I said that, I saw his eyes get red and misty. He tried to say something, but he couldn't. He nodded to me and, still holding his hand in a handshake, I gave him a hug. He broke down crying.

I thought about it afterwards, wondering how long he had gone without hearing those words from anyone. I think it made him feel better to know that the newer generation of Marines still considered him their brother. I don't think I had ever been so proud to wear the Marine Corps' uniform than I was at that moment in time. I think it was that moment that really ensured me of what I was a part of. It was a great feeling.

Tookie22
06-11-09, 12:49 AM
That is an amazing story. Hopefully October 16 I will be able to become part of the Brotherhood the Marine Corps has. Thats very motivational and thanks again for the post.

JWDevilDog
06-11-09, 02:56 AM
My mom sent me that email. Terrific. Simply motivating.

JWG
06-11-09, 08:55 PM
Good stuff. Thank you, very motivating bro.

MarinesFTW
06-11-09, 09:55 PM
No matter how many times you read it, it gives you the same feeling and motovation.

Hendrix
06-12-09, 09:59 PM
This is just some serious motivation, and this is why I value the Marine Corps so much. I just can't wait to wear the uniform and truly be a brother.

sparkie
06-12-09, 10:56 PM
I got nuthin to say,,,,,,,,,

Wyoming
06-12-09, 11:56 PM
You poolees ain't got a clue!

Wyoming
06-12-09, 11:58 PM
That's the first time I read that. It choked me up.

I shake hands with all the older Marines I come across. I remember about a year after I got home from Iraq, I attended a 4th of July ceremony that a lot of Vietnam vets showed up to. The ceremony was great and I stood there in my Dress Blues admiring the crowds of people. A guy wearing a black leather jacket with the Marine Corps emblem on the back approached me and pointed to my combat action ribbon and asked,

"Where did you earn that?" I told him about how I earned it from Al Kut in Iraq. He then shook my hand and said,

"Welcome home, Marine." in which I replied to him,

"Semper Fi, brother." When I said that, I saw his eyes get red and misty. He tried to say something, but he couldn't. He nodded to me and, still holding his hand in a handshake, I gave him a hug. He broke down crying.

I thought about it afterwards, wondering how long he had gone without hearing those words from anyone. I think it made him feel better to know that the newer generation of Marines still considered him their brother. I don't think I had ever been so proud to wear the Marine Corps' uniform than I was at that moment in time. I think it was that moment that really ensured me of what I was a part of. It was a great feeling.

THIS, is a great post!!!!!!!!!!!

MarinesFTW
06-13-09, 06:53 PM
Tyvm Cpl.

And yes Sgt. you are right we dont fully understand, but I hope to one day be able to.