PDA

View Full Version : Cannot leave till March

BillyMcg5
06-10-09, 10:06 PM
Hello,
I go down to meps on friday to take my oath and get a physical. I am signing up for 03xx and in NY right now, the earliest date to ship out is in March, my family is moving down to Georgia so I'm just asking if there's any poolees from Georgia, or if i get really lucky, a recruiter, that know if there is any date sooner for that state. If so i'll move with them and see if there is a way to possibly transfer to an early date since i'll be living in a new state.

I really don't want to wait 9 months to ship out to Parris Island. My recruiting station has a ton of people who signed, and I'm not sure if its like that with the entire Marine Corps, or just my county.

Thank you.

JSam
06-10-09, 10:45 PM
Where in GA? I'm 15 minutes west of Atlanta.
Pretty much everywhere's booked. I swore in in November, and they're not letting me leave until August.
Send me a PM when you get down here, I know all the recruiters from RSS Hiram, Douglasville, and Newnan.

MarinesFTW
06-10-09, 10:49 PM
Being in a different state wont let you get a earlier ship date.. Its Paris Island that has the dates, only way to get a earlier one is to hope someone drops out and you are able to go in there place.

Pete0331
06-10-09, 11:32 PM
I really don't want to wait 9 months to ship out to Parris Island. My recruiting station has a ton of people who signed, and I'm not sure if its like that with the entire Marine Corps, or just my county.

Thank you.

A lot of pieces have to line up, and waiting 6+ months for a spot is normal.
There is always a rush on Boot Camp during the summer months.

Keep bugging your recruiter in a respectful manner.
Guys bow out and spots can open up overnight.

Even if you think you're ready, take the 9 months to get better.

BillyMcg5
06-10-09, 11:36 PM
Thank you, yeah I will take the 9 months the better. I'll work on getting a 300 PFT score lol.

Wyoming
06-10-09, 11:38 PM
Hello,
I go down to meps on friday to take my oath and get a physical. I am signing up for 03xx and in NY right now, the earliest date to ship out is in March, my family is moving down to Georgia so I'm just asking if there's any poolees from Georgia, or if i get really lucky, a recruiter, that know if there is any date sooner for that state. If so i'll move with them and see if there is a way to possibly transfer to an early date since i'll be living in a new state.

Thank you.

Read this just for grins -
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=500659&posted=1#post500659

JWG
06-11-09, 08:48 PM
Congratulations, and good luck at MEPS. Hope to see you with a Poolee status soon. Thank you for deciding to serve your country.

MarinesFTW
06-11-09, 10:53 PM
"Turn around, bend over, and spread your cheeks" Have fun :bunny::thumbup:

Hartford
06-12-09, 01:39 AM
Duck walk

Cover your mouth, turn your head. Cough. :sick:

BillyMcg5
06-12-09, 10:25 PM

haha didn't have to do that. the doctor messed with me so bad though, he made me drop my pants, and goes "whats wrong with your testicles!, i haven't seen anything like this" and he left the room

came back 10 minutes later saying "i'm just ****ing with you man, your face was priceless"

MarinesFTW
06-12-09, 10:35 PM
haha didn't have to do that. the doctor messed with me so bad though, he made me drop my pants, and goes "whats wrong with your testicles!, i haven't seen anything like this" and he left the room

came back 10 minutes later saying "i'm just ****ing with you man, your face was priceless"

Where the hell did he go for those 10 minutes....? I would of been checking my pants if I was in ur situation. I had a 5 foot dude who could bearly walk and see and when he did walk he like dragged his right foot it was the perfect description that you think of when you get told of MEPS doc's.