PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps stickers as a poolee

MattSexton
06-10-09, 07:39 PM
I would like to put the Marine Corps stickers they give you in the "Welcome Aboard package" on my car but I am a poolee and haven't earned the title yet.

Whats your opinion?

scifguard
06-10-09, 07:41 PM
My opinion is that you should fill out your profile.

Kreegz
06-10-09, 07:54 PM
First of all fill out your profile or your not gonna be very popular around here.

In my opinion, as long as it's not overboard it's not a big deal. As long as you never claim to be a Marine then I think it's acceptable to wear marine corps gear/stickers on your car (just don't show up to boot camp wearing a Marines shirt :P). Unless you have a sticker/shirt that says "I am a Marine", all you're doing is supporting the Marines by wearing it. What's wrong with supporting the greatest fighting force in the world? :thumbup:

Fievel
06-10-09, 08:23 PM
Like Kreegz said, I think it's okay as long as you don't go around claiming to be a Marine yet. Doing that, in my opinion, dishonors the Marines who have gone before you and earned the title. Having the stickers on your car just shows support and should be okay.

Or better yet, don't be like the guy in my boot camp that came in with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed onto his chest. I never seen someone get lit up as bad as that kid did.

JoshuaP
06-10-09, 09:35 PM
Theres a kid at my school who wears a shirt that says
"USMC - DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR! OOHRAH" and has a picture of a bulldog with a smoky hat. Dont be that kid :)

I have a foil sticker from my recruiter, and I was contemplating putting it on my car. Im hesitant though, Ill wait until I DEP. Sounds like you're already in though...

sparkie
06-10-09, 09:38 PM
Paste those stickers,,, You're just a supporter,,,,,,,, Just don't be suprised if an 'Old Fuk', like me walks up for a chat,,,,,,,,,,

Covey_Rider
06-10-09, 09:48 PM
I agree...paste them up. It shows your support for Marines and your intention on joining the ranks. Then if you do get through everything and deploy, you just upgrade the stickers haha.

Fievel
06-10-09, 09:53 PM
I agree...paste them up. It shows your support for Marines and your intention on joining the ranks. Then if you do get through everything and deploy, you just upgrade the stickers haha.

Yeah, then you just paste your rank insignia above your DoD decal, the rest of the moto stickers are already in place!

Covey_Rider
06-10-09, 09:57 PM
I have my stickers strategically placed for certain times haha. A small U.S. Marine banner across the top in the back window...and then if you're walking up on the drivers side from the rear of the vehicle, you can't help but see my OIF Veteran sticker. Gotta new toy with a decent set of nuts and well...I have road rage.

MarinesFTW
06-10-09, 10:41 PM
Wasn't there just a thread like a week ago that was here talking about this EXACT SAME question..??

JSam
06-10-09, 10:43 PM
There was... do a search, bro,

Eldridge0311
06-10-09, 10:43 PM
I think the other question was about T-Shirts and Flags or something of that nature.

JSam
06-10-09, 10:48 PM
Marine Corps. Moto, period. They discussed it all.

MarinesFTW
06-10-09, 10:48 PM
No.. Theres been around 100000000000000 thread about stickers AND T-shirts. Take 2 minutes out of ur life and search it because it will be faster then going through making this post.. and then waiting for an answer...

ST331
06-10-09, 10:50 PM
I would like to put the Marine Corps stickers they give you in the "Welcome Aboard package" on my car but I am a poolee and haven't earned the title yet.

Whats your opinion?

Seen/heard this question a million times, still the same answer: Its your car, and its a free country. You can put whatever stickers you damn well please.

As long as you're not running around telling people that you're an official US Marine, its cool.

ameriken
06-10-09, 11:57 PM
Wasn't there just a thread like a week ago that was here talking about this EXACT SAME question..??

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84402

MattSexton
06-11-09, 01:32 PM
My bad, I should have searched for it, I looked through the poolee topics and I must have missed it. Thanks for the feedback though!

Tookie22
06-11-09, 06:09 PM
Or better yet, don't be like the guy in my boot camp that came in with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed onto his chest. I never seen someone get lit up as bad as that kid did.- Fievel My computer won't let me quote, sorry. Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

thewookie
06-11-09, 06:27 PM
Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

You trying to be cute there with that question?

Fievel
06-11-09, 08:40 PM
Or better yet, don't be like the guy in my boot camp that came in with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed onto his chest. I never seen someone get lit up as bad as that kid did.- Fievel My computer won't let me quote, sorry. Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

You got an Eagle, Globe and Anchor tatted onto your back, didn't you?

It doesn't matter if it's a memorial or not - you're ass is done!

Here are my thoughts on this - you (or your poolee brother) have not earned that Eagle, Globe and Anchor, therefore you do not rate to wear it. Nothing is given to you in the Marine Corps - you will not get your nametapes, you will not blouse your boots, you will not roll your sleeves, and you sure the hell will not wear my Marine Corps' beloved Eagle, Globe and Anchor until you have earned it. Drill Instructors will not show you sympathy for an Eagle, Globe and Anchor memorial tattoo, quite the opposite actually.

So, if you or your poolee brother have that tattoo, standby to earn it the extra hard way. You're going to be paying for it with your sweat and tears - and rightfully so.

ST331
06-12-09, 02:35 AM

he'll get ITed a few extra times...but seriously if he's a good recruit, who cares?

SupChf
06-12-09, 08:25 AM
Agree with the Lt. I only caution you that people who don't know better will think that you are a Marine. Therefore, if your driving around like a raped ape and being a ass, it will portray negatively on those who have earned the title.

Remember you are representing Marines, don't fu** it up!!!

Gunz out ~

Seen/heard this question a million times, still the same answer: Its your car, and its a free country. You can put whatever stickers you damn well please.

As long as you're not running around telling people that you're an official US Marine, its cool.

KawiGunny
06-12-09, 09:01 AM
Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

If that tattoo has his brothers name and dates on it to symbolize a memorial, there is nothing wrong with that as long as the letters are big enough to be seen as good as the rest of the tattoo.

As already mentioned, this poolie will get more than his share of exercise in boot camp. But if it was me, it would be worth it.

Fievel
06-12-09, 09:20 AM
he'll get ITed a few extra times...but seriously if he's a good recruit, who cares?

My Drill Instructors did ... that poor kid. God rest his soul ...