PDA

View Full Version : SMCR Question

sdm2841
06-10-09, 03:32 PM
Anyone here got any insight into the daily life of a radio operator with a recon company?

Supersquishy
06-10-09, 04:38 PM
No I don't, but did you get your package sent finally? Whats your status so far?

sdm2841
06-10-09, 04:58 PM
Hey man! Sorry for not replying to your post on that other thread but after realizing that was a thread for going back active I didn't want to pi** anyone off for hijacking it.

Yes and no. I actually contacted my old C.O. who in turn contacted the C.O. of the recruting district and it turned out that the recruiter handling my package was dropping some balls, evidently a lot of balls. Anyway after 9 months things are moving now sort of. I'm more of an obstacle at this point because I don't want to go back a 2844. I'm trying hard to lat move to either 0321 (before anyone flames me about not being able to lat move to 0321, I know about the screening process, etc) or 0313 because I have a 4th Recon and a 4th LAR company nearby but it seems no one's willing to retrain a SNCO. I got out after 7yrs 10mo 3da with a whopping 9mo time in grade and that rocker is my big problem now. Recruiter's telling me I can fill a 0621 (radio operator) billet with a 2844 (radio repairman) MOS so I'm trying to find out wtf I'd be doing on a daily basis when deployed w/recon. I don't want to come back to deploy and sit at a field desk.

Supersquishy
06-10-09, 05:04 PM
Hey man! Sorry for not replying to your post on that other thread but after realizing that was a thread for going back active I didn't want to pi** anyone off for hijacking it.

. Recruiter's telling me I can fill a 0621 (radio operator) billet with a 2844 (radio repairman)

No Probs, I was told by my Recruiter to take 0621, that way if I need to move because of unforeseen circumstances I have a better chance to go to another unit. I will ask my Recruiter next time I call him what 0621 with the Recon units do, He was with Recon and Anglico. I'm going Reserve by the way too.

Edit: you must be in Alaska hence 4th Recon, my brother was with that unit.

sdm2841
06-10-09, 07:47 PM
I'm actually in SC. Co B 4th Recon moved from Montana to GA a couple years back.