PDA

View Full Version : I have a very serious question...

LostDuk
06-09-09, 01:08 AM
I have signed the contract, have done my first swear in, and have my job.
My ship date has been changed to December17 09.

But my Grandfather has been diagnosed with a vers serious and aggressive cancer, and is beginning chemotherapy and I cant leave him im the only person capable to take care of him... can i tell my recruiter my situation and cancel out my contract...

I know there is a search function im to stressed to look around... please post a reply

Pete0331
06-09-09, 01:16 AM
But my Grandfather has been diagnosed with a vers serious and aggressive cancer, and is beginning chemotherapy and I cant leave him im the only person capable to take care of him... can i tell my recruiter my situation and cancel out my contract...

It is possible, get documentation that he is actually in hospital,
to prove you're not trying to malinger.
It will help if you try to sign back up again.

mbwood
06-10-09, 07:54 PM
I was going through the same thing last year, but with my grandmother. My recruiter was very understanding about it and told me everything would be fine when everything straightened out.

I am now in the process of DEPing back in, within the next two weeks. I didn't need any documentation, hopefully everything will be fine. My recruiter says that everything is cleared for me, and it won't be a problem, so we'll see. I don't have any doubts though. I'lll keep you informed on how it goes.

My prayers are with you and your family, it's a tough situation, I know.

sparkie
06-10-09, 09:35 PM
So you are learnin the first swear in don't mean nuthin,,,,,, And it don't,,,, Just motovation,,,,,,,,

ecom
06-12-09, 08:32 PM
DEP is no obligation program. You can choose to change your mind and get out any time you like. If your recruiter told you MPs will come to your house, arrest you, and put you in the brig, they are lying.

Speak with your recruiter about your situation and get out of DEP if no one else can care for you grandfather. He may be more willing to help you since his job performance reports depend on him making quota.