PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Change My Rank?

ChuckR30
06-08-09, 11:07 PM
how do i change my rank? im a Lance now? i got promoted the first of May. I havent been on here in a while so i forgot how to.

06-09-09, 12:25 AM
See where near the top of the page, it says, "My Info?" Click that, go down the list on the left til you see, "Edit Avatar," click there and edit away.

mcvet57103
06-09-09, 06:35 PM
Yeah, what 3522 said. And Congrats on Lance. Now study your MCI leadership courses, and volunteer for NCO School if possible. Good luck.

Lisa 23
06-09-09, 06:44 PM
ChuckR30....CONGRATS on your promotion to LCpl!!! :thumbup:
Oohrah and Semper Fi! :usmc:

MLMonk
06-10-09, 12:21 AM
Yeah, what 3522 said. And Congrats on Lance. Now study your MCI leadership courses, and volunteer for NCO School if possible. Good luck.

Heard you cant go to NCO course as a LCpl now, haven't verified it myself yet but it was from a SSgt.

Congratulations on Lance Corporal.

mcvet57103
06-10-09, 05:53 AM
Heard you cant go to NCO course as a LCpl now, haven't verified it myself yet but it was from a SSgt.

Congratulations on Lance Corporal.Back in my day 74-78, if you didn't have NCO school under your belt by the time you were up for Cpl it made getting Cpl harder. And if you did make the grade you were required to go to keep it. Don't know if that was a Company policy or HQMC policy. SF

thedrifter
06-10-09, 06:30 AM
Congrat's Marine!

Ellie

ST331
06-12-09, 03:33 AM
Back in my day 74-78, if you didn't have NCO school under your belt by the time you were up for Cpl it made getting Cpl harder. And if you did make the grade you were required to go to keep it. Don't know if that was a Company policy or HQMC policy. SF

They have the same thing now except it's replaced by the "Leading Marines" MCI. As of I think October 1st, if you don't have the MCI done, it is impossible to get promoted to Corporal. The Corporals who don't have it done could be administratively reduced in grade if they don't complete it.

I had it done but didn't submit it because I threw away the test booklet like an idiot, thinking all you needed was the scantron.

Good thing I got commissioned before October so they can't reduce my rank anymore so its a moot point :-)

mcvet57103
06-12-09, 06:05 AM
They have the same thing now except it's replaced by the "Leading Marines" MCI. As of I think October 1st, if you don't have the MCI done, it is impossible to get promoted to Corporal. The Corporals who don't have it done could be administratively reduced in grade if they don't complete it.

I had it done but didn't submit it because I threw away the test booklet like an idiot, thinking all you needed was the scantron.

Good thing I got commissioned before October so they can't reduce my rank anymore so its a moot point :-)I myself had taken the MCI course on NCO leadership, but never attended NCO School. I was less than a year from my EAS date when I got Cpl merritoriously. When I considered reenlistment I was told if I reenlisted without the NCO School done, I could get E-5 as an incentive, but I would have to go to NCO school or lose not only Sgt but Cpl as well. That, my hatred of running PT at O-dark hundred five days a week, and my now ex's insistance that if I re-upped she would divorce me is why I didn't. Now, 31 years later, I realize I fvcked up. Divorced her within 2 years post EAS, and spent most of the rest of my life driving trucks for a living. But hindsight is 20/20 they say. I recommend anyone contemplating leaving the service after only one stint to reconsider. SF

Chevron77
07-05-09, 06:52 PM
Hello Marines, I've tried changing my avatar on my info section but poolee is the only one that keeps showing. Any help on this would be appreciated, otherwise I fear I'm destined to be an online poolee for life :( lol seriously I'd prefer to change it. Semper Fi

thedrifter
07-05-09, 07:02 PM
If YOU notified a Mod it would have had happened.....;)

mcvet57103
07-05-09, 07:03 PM
Hello Marines, I've tried changing my avatar on my info section but poolee is the only one that keeps showing. Any help on this would be appreciated, otherwise I fear I'm destined to be an online poolee for life :( lol seriously I'd prefer to change it. Semper FiContact Shaffer and it will get done.