PDA

View Full Version : Chest tattoo.

TrevBrill
06-08-09, 09:08 PM
I wanted to get a tattoo my grandfather had that said "Death before Dishonor" across my chest. My recruiter said it would be fine (and reading someone elses post on here about chest tattoos one of the recruiters must be wrong)
My friend who is a Marine and is home now said If I get a Marine related tattoo before I am a Marine is a bad idea because the DIs will ride me harder. Is this true?

Thanks - Another Marine Wannabe.

temarti
06-08-09, 09:22 PM
Your friend is just jerking your chain, go ahead and get a Marine tattoo before earning the title.

scifguard
06-08-09, 09:50 PM
Yes,in fact your DI's will like you more since they'll see that your such a motivator that they will probaly make you a squad leader when you get to boot camp.

commdog7
06-08-09, 10:41 PM
Go ahead and get the tattoo- see what happens.

Wyoming
06-08-09, 10:54 PM
'Death Before Dishoner' - Google Mike Clausen, or search this site.

Do you think you are worthy of 'Death Before Dishonor'?

Why not just get the bulldog with the smokey?

Fubar5812
06-08-09, 11:33 PM
every ****ing Marine has that exact tattoo.....in some shape or form on some part of there body....get something original

Wyoming
06-08-09, 11:50 PM
every ****ing Marine has that exact tattoo.....in some shape or form on some part of there body....get something original
Give it a break Marine. Read the posts. Jeez!!

Fubar5812
06-09-09, 01:32 AM
I always just scroll to the bottom after I read the first post.gotta stop that.

Alisium
06-09-09, 01:45 AM
Get, "Future D.I." !

I hope you're picking up on the sarcasm in the above posts.

Any moto tattoos are seriously going to get you effed over in recruit training.

Covey_Rider
06-09-09, 02:07 AM
Dammit Alisium, take the fun away haha. I vote for the devil dog wearing a smokey!!!

Alisium
06-09-09, 02:14 AM
Sorry about that.

You can get always get his MCRD address and mail him condoms and lube. That went over well in my platoon. One of our recruits had a brother that was a Marine. Guess who the frequent fly was.

Covey_Rider
06-09-09, 02:20 AM
My recruiters sent me a whole package of nothing but naked fat chick magazines...and not just a little chunky...I mean HUGE. The type of chick that you have to slap her thigh and ride the wave in...Yeah that made for a fun time in boot.

TrevBrill
06-09-09, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the answers Marines

and HAH Future D.I. that made me laugh good one ;)

Crusader20
06-09-09, 11:50 AM
My recruiters sent me a whole package of nothing but naked fat chick magazines...and not just a little chunky...I mean HUGE. The type of chick that you have to slap her thigh and ride the wave in...Yeah that made for a fun time in boot.

LOL.

I sent some post cards with male dancers on them to a buddy that went into boot. You all know as well as I do, that post cards are always read outloud. I would spicy it up a bit. I would put down SGTMAJ recruit, how much the guys missed him, and how his letters of how easy bootcamp was, inspired more friends to join. :cool:

He almost kicked my butt when he saw me. :marine:

Lisa 23
06-09-09, 12:51 PM
Why not just get the bulldog with the smokey?

My brother has that one on his left bicep.....I think he got it after he got off the drill field in San Diego back in 1981.
I'll have to get a pic of him with his tatoos. He has quite a few.......Bull Dog with Smokey on his left bicep, Eagle on his right bicep, American Flag on left chest, a bull on right chest, Semper Fi across the lower part of his neck on his back, Honor on his left calf and Courage on his right calf.......and I think he said he wants to get another one. Where he's going to put it, I don't know...LOL!

Fubar5812
06-10-09, 02:29 AM
yea?

my grunt buddy sent me a postcard...with a naked chick on the front. and on the letter part? it said in BIG RED LETTERS YOUR SDI IS A ****ING POG ***** LUCKY FOR ME,he only saw the front of it (the naked girl) and made me come up there and rip it up in front of him.....i shudder thinking of what woulda happened if he had read the letter part.....

psyclopsus
06-18-09, 06:06 PM
A kid in my boot camp platoon showed up with U.S.M.C. on his shoulder/bicep. Every night the Drill Instructors would make him spend about 30 minutes "scrubbing" that tattoo to "remove" it because he hadn't earned the title yet. I would strongly advise against it.

Petz
06-22-09, 02:38 AM
hehehe... I'd advise against it as well...

a guy in my plt had 'spike' in the Marine Corps 'spike' pose without the smoky and without the USMC letters... but everyone knew what he wanted it to be after boot camp....

it was comical that he'd get that BEFORE bootcamp...

that's just one more piece of paperwork your recruiter needs to fill out... just wait until afterwards ( and after MCT so they don't write you up)

UsmcMotorT
06-22-09, 07:42 AM
A kid in my boot camp platoon showed up with U.S.M.C. on his shoulder/bicep. Every night the Drill Instructors would make him spend about 30 minutes "scrubbing" that tattoo to "remove" it because he hadn't earned the title yet. I would strongly advise against it.

That's a good one.