PDA

View Full Version : New Navy Uniforms

Supersquishy
06-06-09, 05:36 PM
Got my reenistment physical done this morning, I noticed the new Navy uniforms. The Navy has the new cammies, they are dark blue digitized like the Marpat cammies. I saw a lot of the sailors wearing the kaki top with dark blue pants reminded me of the service C but with dark trousers instead. But I did spot 2 other Marines in the crowd, hard to miss:thumbup:
Your thoughts or opinions from fellow shipmates that wear them?

PS I did see one Sailor that had Army digi-cammies on, whats that about?

Old Marine
06-06-09, 07:13 PM
Navy uniform reminds me of the Salvation Army uniform.

Pete0331
06-06-09, 07:44 PM
Got my reenistment physical done this morning, I noticed the new Navy uniforms. The Navy has the new cammies, they are dark blue digitized like the Marpat cammies. I saw a lot of the sailors wearing the kaki top with dark blue pants reminded me of the service C but with dark trousers instead. But I did spot 2 other Marines in the crowd, hard to miss:thumbup:

There are two versions of the Navy digi's: dominate grey and dominate blue.
The blue type has the 8 point, and the grey type has an army style cover.

Every time I see the squids dressed in the Gnarlies (rhymes with Charlies)
I want to genocide another endangered species.

Auneboy
06-06-09, 09:20 PM
Dont get me wrong the new NSU's(charlie top) look good but I hate them with a passion. The Navy seems like its losing its identity and is trying to emulate other services.

I still proudly wear my whites, I hate the utilties though, oh well I should be getting my MARPAT soon :)

bootlace15
06-06-09, 10:31 PM
Pants?

bootlace15 out

Supersquishy
06-07-09, 08:21 AM
Pants?

bootlace15 out

Thank you bootlace15, I stand corrected; black trousers.

DocGreek
06-07-09, 10:33 AM
BACK WHEN...the ladies were HIGHLY impressed with me, dressed in my "tight whites"!! HA! HA! HA! I only weighed about 140, and KNEW HOW to sweep up the ladies!!....especially in Californicate...San Diego, and Oceanside!!! I was such a slick SOB, I was also screwing a COUPLE of nurses at Balboa, while in Hosp. Corps School!!! Some GREAT memories!!!.....DOC

FistFu68
06-07-09, 01:12 PM
:evilgrin:(LMFAO)Your so full of Chit Doc,when I was laughing I almost chit myself.The only Nurse You every Fuced was Your hands.How I know this 'cause I Had every WAVE in tha' Fleet in my Rack Brother!!! :D :beer:

bootlace15
06-07-09, 02:17 PM
THEM POOR WAVES.....................LMFAO

bootlace15 out

FistFu68
06-07-09, 02:43 PM
:evilgrin: Yea Lace my Brother,wait a few day's when these Pimpcesses git outta College 4 tha summer,I'll bring Doc along make sure He gits his wick wet.Them WAVES where rich after my azz left them with a Biggggg :) :iwo:

Petz
06-07-09, 02:46 PM
I need a solid definition of wave... I kinda remember but not really sure.

also, doc... the only women you swept off your feet in oceanside were the *****s who were everywhere up until the early 90's.... now all the people there are the children of you'alls generation!!!!!

hahahahaa

anyways... any pics of the new uniform?

Supersquishy
06-07-09, 02:50 PM
anyways... any pics of the new uniform?

http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-nwu.html
http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-khaki.html
http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-nsu.html

Now its harder to see whos an Officer and when to salute!!!

ecfree
06-07-09, 02:53 PM
BACK WHEN...the ladies were HIGHLY impressed with me, dressed in my "tight whites"!! HA! HA! HA! I only weighed about 140, and KNEW HOW to sweep up the ladies!!....especially in Californicate...San Diego, and Oceanside!!! I was such a slick SOB, I was also screwing a COUPLE of nurses at Balboa, while in Hosp. Corps School!!! Some GREAT memories!!!.....DOC
Tightie whiteys...HAHAHAHAAAAAAA :D
YEAH..I bet you stuffed a potato in your scivies.....but you forgot it belonged in the front....WOOOOOOOO....:D

Petz
06-07-09, 02:56 PM
http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-nwu.html
http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-khaki.html
http://www.new-navy-uniform.com/picture-nsu.html

Now its harder to see whos an Officer and when to salute!!!

um... no... those are nothing but broken links....:thumbdown

ggyoung
06-07-09, 02:59 PM
:banana:::
:evilgrin Yea Lace my Brother,wait a few day's when these Pimpcesses git outta College 4 tha summer,I'll bring Doc along make sure He gits his wick wet.Them WAVES where rich after my azz left them with a Biggggg :) :iwo:

None of you guys no a thing about getting the ladies. How much money have you guys spent getting a little bum? What you have to do is this. Get 6 wives, all have great paying jobs like a doctor, account, lawyers. you know them money makers. You see that gives you one for each night and on the 7th night is your night to party and find some strange. Get with it guys.

Supersquishy
06-07-09, 04:34 PM
um... no... those are nothing but broken links....:thumbdown
Anyone else having a problem clicking those links, I have no probs.

thewookie
06-07-09, 04:39 PM
"tight whites"!! HA! HA! HA!

Ice cream:banana:

Wyoming
06-07-09, 05:20 PM
Anyone else having a problem clicking those links, I have no probs.

They work for me.

Petz
06-07-09, 05:56 PM
photobucket won't even upload the photos......

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 06:07 PM
What's all this about photobucket? The links work for everyone else...

Petz
06-07-09, 09:57 PM
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/male_and_female-735x573.jpg
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/approved_digi_-_high_res-735x637.jpg
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp160/irkillroy/070919-N-5319A-005_1_-435x341.jpg

because Peer Guardian doesn't like this site for certain reasons... I braved the adware and spyware to upload these photos for all to see.....

is it just me or is the "rating badge" on the front side of the crease????

and do they mean to allow them to choose which way they want to wear their rank?

ArtyOps
06-07-09, 10:01 PM
Haha, "Optional Skirt"

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 10:25 PM
So would someone care to explain to my simple self why the FVCK they need blue camo? WTF are they hiding from? WTF are they hiding in? Sorry squids, but the Iraqi Police beat you to it, and frankly they have more style...

http://www.longwarjournal.org/images/briefbig-thumb.jpg

Petz
06-07-09, 10:31 PM
well... it's probably more centric around the seals..... they do come out of the water....

I still don't know why blue is considered an urban camo....

Hotel4341
06-07-09, 10:37 PM
My understanding was that the blue digi wasn't for tactical purposes. The story I got from a chief when writing an article about them was that the Navy wanted a working uniform that was a little more like everyone else (cami's), and went with a blue cami to keep their identity.

Petz
06-07-09, 10:38 PM
so, um... what do they wear when they want to be tactical? their whites?

Hotel4341
06-07-09, 10:42 PM
I interviewed three different people for that story Staff Sergeant, and got three different answers. It seems to fall somewhere between using the same old-school cami's, or that they also have a desert and woodland version of the new cami's that look exactly like ours except have the Navy symbol instead of the EGA. That being said, it seemed pretty clear that we won't see Doc down range with us wearing the smurf uniform.

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 10:42 PM
My understanding was that the blue digi wasn't for tactical purposes. The story I got from a chief when writing an article about them was that the Navy wanted a working uniform that was a little more like everyone else (cami's), and went with a blue cami to keep their identity.

So...why camoflauged? They need a UTILITY uniform, why the false pretense of concealment...?

DocGreek
06-07-09, 10:44 PM
:evilgrin:
BLUE?? Bet they look sharp against the desert sand! DUH! "I joined the Navy to sail the sea's, I joined the Navy...I rode the WAVES!!" NOW THAT'S BODY SURFING!! Think I'll stick with the Navy white's, and dress blues!.....NO ZIPPERS!! Bought a sh!tload of uniforms, and Navy crap at The Seafarer, in San Dego....what a joint that was!! All of those blue, or white uniforms...and Dixie cup covers...strolling down the sidewalk, looking for The Hollywood Palace strip show!!....for me...better days! Still miss em'....DOC

Petz
06-07-09, 10:44 PM
ooookay.... so for tactical purposes they will wear our cammies... to include the seals.

you need to think harder when you interview people for stories... Marines ask a lot of off the wall **** like that.

I'd like to know why they would choose to look similar to the army when the Marines are more to the core of their existence... did you bother to ask that?

Supersquishy
06-08-09, 08:11 AM
I'd like to know why they would choose to look similar to the army when the Marines are more to the core of their existence... did you bother to ask that?
Good question, plus I did see Corpsman wearing the Marine Marpat Cammies, and I did hear a couple other Sailors state something to the effect that once they become Corpsman they can wear the Marine Marpats.

It must be more complicated to know what the uniform of the day is with several options to wear!

temarti
06-08-09, 09:02 AM
Man overboard! Man overboard! Wait where is he? Blue digi and water may not work to well on a ship.

DocGreek
06-08-09, 11:25 AM
FOUR PAGES about NAVY uniforms??? WHO gives a SH!T??? Let them wear long skirts......WHO CARES?????.....NAKED DOC

Zapablast05
06-20-09, 11:39 PM
So...why camoflauged? They need a UTILITY uniform, why the false pretense of concealment...?

Those blue camies are replacing their janitor utilities. About 20% of the sailors here in Pensacola have the camies, but only E-4 through E-9 wear them. There is a small percent of non-rate sailors that wear them.

I've never seen ribbons or any type of device pinned on the janitor uniform. They usually have their fleet device (the thing with the ship between the two waves, not sure what it is) sewn on their uniform. That's one way you can tell they're fleet returnee's. But the non-rate fleet returnee's usually wear their ships "ballcap."

Those blue camies were going to have a fade technique, so when they go overboard, the camies turn an orange color with salt water. I know that if they kept that feature, I'd have fun with them and probably get in trouble fast for it.

The Navy works in strange ways.

Petz
06-20-09, 11:42 PM
well, the E4s are probably required to buy them because they have their full uniform allowance already while the junior Sailors don't get full allowance, hence are required to buy them...

this is only a guess... other than that, I don't care.

Zapablast05
06-20-09, 11:46 PM
All I know is that the HM03 here is a cutie in her Charlie-looking uniform.

Petz
06-20-09, 11:47 PM
well.... go for it! take some pics while you're at it and send'em to us!

Zapablast05
06-20-09, 11:51 PM
Hahaha, I have a fiance SSgt. But it doesn't hurt to look at the menu, right?

Integrity57
06-21-09, 01:04 AM
Sorry LCPL but 20% of the Sailors at NAS DON'T have them, those are Sailors that have just transferred from other commands as the Exchange doesn't have the full uniform for sale yet since it's not supposed to be released to the Gulf Coast commands until next year, but our CO is trying to get the new NWUs here sooner. The purpose of the new uniform is strictly utilitarian and aimed at simplicity of up-keep and maintnance. Our current Utes have to be starched and ironed to really looked squared away but ended up looking jacked up by the slightest things since they are solid colors, and had to replaced after 6 months of wear because they would start to fade, while wrinkles and small stains aren't as apparent on a cami uniform. Also the Big Navy thinks that we should wear uniforms more like the other branches to have some sort of cohesion on the surface of things.

If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit. The new working uniform we wear with that looks like the Service Charlies replaced our Summer Whites and Winter Working Blues and has gone over rather well with most Sailors, except the cheap-asses who didn't want to buy it, and the Summer Whites will probably not be missed by anyone lol.

Supersquishy
06-21-09, 06:51 AM
If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit.

I saw that two Saturdays ago, the Sailor was working in Supply issuing the other Sailors the new Navy Cammies. Since when did the Army have a billet supplying the Navy?... :D

Petz
06-21-09, 08:33 AM
Sorry LCPL but 20% of the Sailors at NAS DON'T have them, those are Sailors that have just transferred from other commands as the Exchange doesn't have the full uniform for sale yet since it's not supposed to be released to the Gulf Coast commands until next year, but our CO is trying to get the new NWUs here sooner. The purpose of the new uniform is strictly utilitarian and aimed at simplicity of up-keep and maintnance. Our current Utes have to be starched and ironed to really looked squared away but ended up looking jacked up by the slightest things since they are solid colors, and had to replaced after 6 months of wear because they would start to fade, while wrinkles and small stains aren't as apparent on a cami uniform. Also the Big Navy thinks that we should wear uniforms more like the other branches to have some sort of cohesion on the surface of things.

If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit. The new working uniform we wear with that looks like the Service Charlies replaced our Summer Whites and Winter Working Blues and has gone over rather well with most Sailors, except the cheap-asses who didn't want to buy it, and the Summer Whites will probably not be missed by anyone lol.

you're saying the navy blue "styled" like the army is because they came from an army unit??? did you even see the pics in this thread?

Gunner 0313
06-21-09, 08:39 AM
:flag:Looks like they stole those utes off of a GI Joe doll. Straight up homo looking !

Zapablast05
06-21-09, 01:56 PM

I don't really know much about the uniforms. There's a fleet returnee in my class that was telling me about why there are some that wear them. One thing for sure though...those hot Navy girls in the dress whites..man oh man. The bottoms are practically see-through lol.

Supersquishy
06-21-09, 02:14 PM
...those hot Navy girls in the dress whites..man oh man.

:sick:

ST331
06-21-09, 04:23 PM

I've never been one to bash the other services, but I've gotta say, they're absolutely hideous. Saw them at Great Lakes a month ago.

Zapablast05
06-21-09, 04:30 PM
:sick:

Come on, Corporal!

Some of those female boots look like they're modeling the uniform!

Integrity57
06-21-09, 04:46 PM
SSgt the pics you posted were of the proto-types before they made a final decision on the style of the uniforms. The final version for the working uniform is the khaki shirt without the chevrons on the sleeve and we use collar devices instead. The final version of the camis looks just like the Marine version except blue, which doesn't make sense to me either since it isn't tactical at all and from what I understand we won't be wearing them on ships and will still wear our coveralls.

I was commenting on a Sailor wearing an Army uniform because they are filling an Army billet as an Individual Augmentee, it's basically TAD orders.

Supersquishy
06-22-09, 05:25 AM
Come on, Corporal!

Some of those female boots look like they're modeling the uniform!

Pics for Proof please, without pics, its hearsay. ;)

ese4mc
06-22-09, 06:54 AM
what the hell are they trying to do-they need a guide book for Marines showing a junk on the bunk--then they can print a similar picture showing mix-n-match uniform,chevrons,covers,patches,medals,etc---they have more uniforms than the Mens Warehouse has suits---whites & dungarees

Zapablast05
06-22-09, 03:56 PM
Pics for Proof please, without pics, its hearsay. ;)

I'll try to snap one haha.

ese4mc, they roll their sleeves and it's friggen heinous. They look like Air Force sleeves.. They wear their 8 points til the cover popcorns.

Zulu 36
06-22-09, 05:59 PM
My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbie. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

He is also not happy with the thought of eventually having to buy them.

Zapablast05
06-22-09, 11:33 PM
My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbie. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

Those janitor ones do suck. I can't tell apart the chow hall workers to the sailors here on NAS.

Integrity57
06-23-09, 04:17 PM
Although Blue camis may not make much sense tactically, it is only a work uniform meant to be worn on base or even on a ship (still not sure if they'll be worn on the ships) it's got to be more comfortable and easier to maintain then our current Utilities and looks exponentionally more like a proper military uniform.

Petz
06-23-09, 04:29 PM
if it's meant for work then what is the dungarees for?

ggyoung
06-23-09, 05:18 PM
My youngest daughter's sweetie is a swabbies. He thinks the new uniforms suck purple cool aid and I have to agree with him.

Zulu 36===========-------=======-]][ I take it that you think this young swabbies is a OK kid. I know that the Navy has really made my son Kyle into a mighty good young man. His wife has had a lot to do with it as well and so did his religion. I believe that a service man or woman who live his or hers religion has a easer time in life. I know that if I had been that way I would have a lot further. When I was on my tiger cruse with him and I saw the way his shipmates done there job I knew that the Navy was in good hands. The only things I did not like was stawbucks coffee and the ships guard strutting around in there jungle utility's like they were Marines. Oh god what a horrible site that was.

Zulu 36
06-23-09, 08:18 PM
Zulu 36===========-------=======-]][ I take it that you think this young swabbies is a OK kid. I know that the Navy has really made my son Kyle into a mighty good young man. His wife has had a lot to do with it as well and so did his religion. I believe that a service man or woman who live his or hers religion has a easer time in life. I know that if I had been that way I would have a lot further. When I was on my tiger cruse with him and I saw the way his shipmates done there job I knew that the Navy was in good hands. The only things I did not like was stawbucks coffee and the ships guard strutting around in there jungle utility's like they were Marines. Oh god what a horrible site that was.

He's a good kid, an Eagle Scout too. He's a computer wonk stationed in Washington DC at some place he would have to kill us if he told us about it. He billets at Andrews AFB and hates the chow hall (according to my oldest daughter he has very good reason to hate it).

I'm know I'm speaking to the choir, but a stint in any branch of the military is good for a kid.

Integrity57
06-23-09, 09:08 PM
if it's meant for work then what is the dungarees for?

The dungarees are being replaced by the blue camis SSgt. The reason the higher-ups decided to do this was to lighten the load, so to speak, of our seabags, with the various uniforms we used to wear (Service Whites, Service Blues, Dress Whites, Dress Blues, Utilities, Coveralls, etc.) With the new service uniform (the one with the khaki shirt and "blue" trousers) we will no longer wear the service whites or service blues. The service whites and dress whites were/are the biggest pain in the ass to keep clean and stain free, especially for those who still wear leather dress shoes and like to polish them becaue the polish rubs off on the cuff of the pant legs.

Supersquishy
07-06-09, 01:20 PM
Now they can pose to the general public! DOC, better get yours today...LOL
http://www.*************/news/article/navy-news/navy-uniform-authorized-off-base.html?col=1186032325324

Navy Uniform Authorized Off Base

http://images.*************/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=image%2Fjpeg&blobheadervalue2=inline%3Bfilename%3DOffBase_06260 9.jpg&blobkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1209981130345&ssbinary=true
June 26, 2009
Navy News|by SCMC Bill Houlihan

The Navy Working Uniform (NWU) is now authorized for wear off-base, during routine stops and at eating establishments during the prescribed workday.
In NAVADMIN 188/09, Chief of Naval Operations (CNO), Adm. Gary Roughead, expanded the occasion for wear policy, which has been in place for six months.
Roughead consistently stated that the possibility for changing the policy hinged upon a timetable driven by the Navy's chiefs' mess.
Once the leadership mess provided feedback to Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) (SS/SW) Rick West, indicating that Sailors across the Navy understood the correct manner to wear the uniform, it was understood that he would recommend to CNO and Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP), Vice Adm. Mark Ferguson, when the time was right to allow the uniform off base.
According to West, that time is now.
"Communication from the Force and Fleet Master Chiefs has been unanimously positive. Our Sailors are ready to introduce this uniform to the American public," said West. "That's what CNO was waiting for and this decision is a direct result of chief petty officer (CPO) feedback. It's been sincerely gratifying to be able to watch this process work as well as it has."
The policy differs from the language in NAVADMIN 343/08 in that, up to now, routine stops were not allowed. That meant Sailors were prohibited from visits to child care centers, gas stations, brief stops at convenience stores or banks. Now those stops are authorized.
"Our Sailors are proud of this uniform," said MCPON. "This has been the number one feedback item from the fleet since I took office, (Dec. 12, 2008) and they have not been shy about their wishes to wear this uniform in town. Our Sailors have been trained to wear it and will wear it proudly."
West underscored the importance of waiting for the right time to open up the occasion for wear policy. He said that while many wondered why the original wear policy was put in place, it was important to ensure every Sailor knew how to wear it before allowing it outside the lifelines of ships and bases. He also said he kept a close eye on various regions to see how aggressive leadership was in training the fleet to wear the NWU.
"I watched Navy Region Mid-Atlantic and I saw how the chiefs in that region were engaged in getting this right from day one. The training was consistent and it was effective. They deserve a lot of credit for the expanded policy, because they did it the right way in the largest fleet concentration area. Leaderships engagement coupled with Sailor feedback was what drove this recommendation (to expand the policy) to CNP and CNO."
The revision includes aligning the NWU and Camouflage Utility Uniforms (CUUs) occasion for wear policies and offers more flexibility than the rules governing the wear of other working uniforms.
The transition to the NWU will continue as stipulated in NAVADMIN 343/08. Multiple regions across the United States and overseas are still not wearing the NWU due to distribution constraints, so West pointed out that the manner of wear policy is even more critical now as Sailors transfer to those areas. Leadership (CO/CMC) has been authorized to wear the NWU since December and should already be wearing it in the areas where Sailors will soon be showing up.
"We have people rolling from one region to another and coming from boot camp, wearing the NWU. I'm looking to them as the Sailors who are going to meet the standards as set forth in the NAVADMIN and the Uniform Regulations, but more importantly, I expect the CPO mess to maintain the standards expected of our high caliber Sailors," said West.
The NAVADMIN also states that wear of the NWU/CUU will be restricted inside the National Capital Region (NCR). Navy personnel on staffs located in or visiting the NCR will not be able to wear the NWU or CCU as their uniform of the day. Commanders, according to the message, may prescribe the NWU/CUU for those Sailors in the NCR requiring that uniform for work that would soil the uniform of the day.
"I look forward to seeing the public's reaction to our new uniform," said West. "And I know our Sailors are eager to get out there and show it off."

tangovictor87
07-06-09, 03:46 PM
the black boots would be alright with our woodland marpat. but that is it. the built in boot band is straight lazy

Petz
07-06-09, 08:51 PM
what's with the link?

Pete0331
07-06-09, 09:43 PM
the built in boot band is straight lazy

Are you talking about the ankle tapes?
You must not remember the old woodland uniforms.
Marines didn't use the ankle tapes but Army, Air Force, and Navy did.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that every service needs to have MARPAT uniforms.
Sure they can make minor adjustments, but basic uniform will stay the same.
I would fire every single officer that came up with, or condoned, those stupid uniforms for the other services.

The green and black jungle boots look really snazzy with the woodland MARPAT uniform.

Integrity57
07-07-09, 05:25 PM
Someone commented on how Sailors have to roll the sleeves on the new blue camis in an earlier post, that it's the same way the Air Force does it or something, but the reason for roll them with the cuff out is because they will supposedly be worn on ships one day and if a fire is to break out you have to be able to unroll the sleeve quickly to don fire-fighting gear and put out a fire. If the sleeve were rolled like Marines do it, it would take forever and the fire would spread and people would die.

Petz
07-07-09, 06:03 PM
um, well... Marines roll their sleeves like we do and we still don fire fighting gear.... anyways, the A&AF wear it that way for NBC reasons according to my brother...

now I have to ask this, are the short sleeve uniforms the navy wears ok to wear under that fire fighting gear?

Zapablast05
07-09-09, 05:14 PM
AM3, what I don't get is if the sleeves are rolled the way they are in case of a fire, why do the dungaree's have a short sleeve variant? Don't you go into battle dress with short sleeves if you have those on if a fire was to break out?

Alisium
07-09-09, 05:26 PM
As far as sailors on sea duty...

Underway the sailors all wear their coveralls. Except for the guys on the flight deck.

I'll ask my wife later but, I'm pretty sure the dungarees are only meant for certain duty and when the ship is in port (they cannot wear their coveralls off the ship.)

So, if they have to deal with fires, they all have long sleeves either on or at least tied around their waist.

I only saw the cammies on the flight deck guys (trousers only), See-bees and their PMO (whatever it was called) for the base.

Docs can choose Marine or Navy Regs. So either way they go, they only wear those uniforms when greenside.

Alisium
07-09-09, 05:28 PM
Are you talking about the ankle tapes?
You must not remember the old woodland uniforms.
Marines didn't use the ankle tapes but Army, Air Force, and Navy did.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that every service needs to have MARPAT uniforms.
Sure they can make minor adjustments, but basic uniform will stay the same.
I would fire every single officer that came up with, or condoned, those stupid uniforms for the other services.

The green and black jungle boots look really snazzy with the woodland MARPAT uniform.

Our MarPat on the Army BDU's, without all the velco, and the sued boots.

Alisium
07-09-09, 05:39 PM
Just did some more research...

The Navy's working uniform (the modified dungarees now in service) will all be replaced by the new cammies.

Except for sailors in sea billets who will still be required to wear the coveralls.

Short sleeves are allowed when in port for the current working uniforms, however on duty days the sailors must wear long sleeves because, every Marine a rifleman, every sailor a firefighter. (at least when on duty.)

Integrity57
07-09-09, 07:30 PM
AM3, what I don't get is if the sleeves are rolled the way they are in case of a fire, why do the dungaree's have a short sleeve variant? Don't you go into battle dress with short sleeves if you have those on if a fire was to break out?

The short sleeve shirts from what I'm told are not to be worn on ships because of the fact that they dont cover your arms and you can't be in full battle-dress if you have to fight a fire. When the order is given to don battle-dress you have to butten your shirt cuffs tightly and tuck your pant legs into your socks then dont your fire hood and gloves then whatever breathing apparatus you may be using.