PDA

View Full Version : Graduated DLI today.

osborned
06-04-09, 09:38 PM
I just picked up my course completion diploma, and Associate of Arts Degree in Arabic from the Defense Language Institute this morning. I finished with a 3.0 GPA and a 2 listening, 2+ reading, 1+ speaking score on the DLPT 5. From here I'm going on to Goodfellow AFB for radio training and Iraqi dialect, then on to Pendleton. I'll eventually join 1st Radio Btn.

JWDevilDog
06-04-09, 09:57 PM
Oohrah, Devil. Congratulations on the completion. I'm sure you're pretty much taxed right now.

GET SOME.

JimmyK
06-04-09, 11:00 PM
How long was that school?

thedrifter
06-05-09, 06:42 AM
Congrat's

Ellie

osborned
06-05-09, 10:05 AM
How long was that school?

It's a 63-week course. I arrived here after MCT in January of 08.

Red Patch 1345
06-08-09, 07:23 AM
I just picked up my course completion diploma, and Associate of Arts Degree in Arabic from the Defense Language Institute this morning. I finished with a 3.0 GPA and a 2 listening, 2+ reading, 1+ speaking score on the DLPT 5. From here I'm going on to Goodfellow AFB for radio training and Iraqi dialect, then on to Pendleton. I'll eventually join 1st Radio Btn.

Outstanding Marine!

Stay motivated :)

1stRad2671
06-12-09, 05:28 PM
Congrats!! That's a big accomplishment. Goodfellow is a piece of cake in comparison. I was the distinguished grad in my Goodfellow class.

I think those are the scores I graduated with. I tested higher later on.

jackson07
06-12-09, 09:30 PM
Good job. I remember when you got to DLI.

osborned
11-03-09, 06:37 PM
Sorry to bump an old post, but just wanted to update that I'm a week and a half from done here. I'm detaching on the 13th of November and heading off with my wife and son to 1st RadBn. Is there anybody I can say hi to when I get there?

BR34
11-03-09, 06:41 PM
Damn man with all that training you must have signed a 10 year contract. Good job stickin it out, I know it must have been tough at times without the wife and son. So you're going to be 2 years in the Corps before getting to your first duty station huh?

1stRad2671
11-03-09, 06:50 PM
Now to decide between SST/MEWSS or whatever they're calling it now, and Radio Recon.

No clue who is at 1st Rad now. I'd like to know if any of them were at K-Bay during '00-'02.

MontezumaCpl
11-03-09, 07:07 PM
Outstanding Marine! Congrats and Ooh-Rah!

jackson07
11-03-09, 10:56 PM
Plenty of the korlings just checked in. Tons of stuff to do. Just hit up any of us who are on Pendleton. Bunch at radbn of course, and the rest of us are all spread out everywhere.

Marine84
11-04-09, 07:52 AM
Congratulations!

echo3oscar1833
11-04-09, 08:45 AM
Damn man with all that training you must have signed a 10 year contract. Good job stickin it out, I know it must have been tough at times without the wife and son. So you're going to be 2 years in the Corps before getting to your first duty station huh?

Wonder how long it will take him to pick up CPL, I bet in no time. Hell he'll probably be there only there a few months, and then pick up. Then all the Marines that have been there a year to two will be like wtf, and still be waiting to pick up lol. He'll be there new "boot" one day, and he'll be there NCO the next haha. :D

1stRad2671
11-04-09, 04:42 PM
Wonder how long it will take him to pick up CPL, I bet in no time. Hell he'll probably be there only there a few months, and then pick up. Then all the Marines that have been there a year to two will be like wtf, and still be waiting to pick up lol. He'll be there new "boot" one day, and he'll be there NCO the next haha. :D

Not really unless things have changed a lot. I was a Cpl a month out of DLI in '99 and I was a Pvt out of boot. Leaving DLI as a Cpl, at least for Arabic linguists, was normal especially if you were a PFC coming out of boot. With the exception of C and H&S Companies which aren't linguists anyways, 90% of the BN were NCOs upon arrival.

mercury2671
11-12-09, 04:16 PM
True story, You'll see when you get there that Cpl is the new Pvt. That's ok Osborne you ain't never pickin up, I'll make sure of it. Glad you're leavin thought I'm sick of teaching ya'll and seeing your FACE. Graduation tomorrow, good luck man.