PDA

View Full Version : Advice very much needed.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 05:47 PM
Sep. 5, 2006 I arrived at Paris Island, S.C.
I entered Alpha Co. and after a few weeks I obtained Vasculitis in my ankles which spread to my calfs. I was in MRP for awhile untill I healed. I was then sent to India Co. After laying around for almost a month in medical I started to become very depressed because no training was done. I missed home and wanted to be back. After a little over a week in India Co. I decided it was time.

I came back home and soon found out that I had made a mistake.

Long story short(fastforwarded to 2009)

I am now engaged and have a child on the way. I have spoken with my recruiter and my paperwork is in the works. But some major contraversies have arose.

My buddies platoon graduated boot and were all sent to inft. school for "2 WEEKS" then deployed to Iraq for 2 years! Despite what they had signed on their contracts for their M.O.S. they were changed and shipped. Only a few had signed open contracts. They were all transfered to Infrantry and Machine Gunman.

I do not want this to happen to me. I cherrish the corps and every man and woman out there fighting for this country.

BUT

I also cherrish my life, my fiance's life and my upcoming child's life. I do not want this to happen to me. It may sound pussish but I want almost an office job or a "safe" job where I do not see much combat. I don't wanna go out and just kill.

Anywho.

If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom it'd greatly be appreciated.

My current M.O.S. is Communications Command & Control. and I believe it specified under that to -general electrician-.

Thanks for looking and God Bless.

drillinstructor
06-03-09, 06:09 PM
Well if you want straight answers you have come to the right place.

STAY HOME!!!!!!!! There are many office jobs in the civy world that may fir you better.

drillinstructor
06-03-09, 06:11 PM
This post actually made me sick to my stomach and I have a strong stomach..I just don't get it these days.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:13 PM
Well if you want straight answers you have come to the right place.

STAY HOME!!!!!!!! There are many office jobs in the civy world that may fir you better.
Yes sir, but I love the military. I love it so much. I didn't even get to get the full experiance of it. But again I've heard some messed up stuff.

Dunno if any of you have viewed it yet but maybe some of you are going through this, "The Ground Truth". It's a video on returning vets that are having major mental issues and the VA is turning their backs on them and basically wanting the vets to trasision back into civi life on their own ect.

I don't wanna die but If that's the situation i'm in i know i'd have to do what I had to do to get the job done.

I'm assuming there arn't really any per say "safe jobs" in the Marines?

thewookie
06-03-09, 06:14 PM
If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom it'd greatly be appreciated.

Don't have kids, maybe it's not yours.

Good luck.

Perkins91
06-03-09, 06:20 PM
Don't have kids, maybe it's not yours.

Good luck.

LOL that made my day.

drillinstructor
06-03-09, 06:22 PM
Marines have been joining the Marine Corps since 1775 to become United States Marines that are proud to serve their country honorably. If they want college or other comforts they will pick another branch. You seem to fit the other branch better. You are no different except if you really wanted the title these questions would not come up. Try another branch. You will not make it in the Fleet where Marines squash the non-hackers.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:23 PM
It'd be mine.
You don't want pregnant mom on here flippin shi*.
Someone please elaborate on my m.o.s. please.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:27 PM
Can't get in any other branches.
Air Force is not accepting former enlistments, Army has already made their mission, Do not like the Navy(had put in some paperwork for them) never heard back.

The marines is me, only me.

Let me rephrase so you all stop getting confused.

I'll do my duty till the end, enough said.
All i'm saying is I would like to return home to my wife.
And i'm sure most of you if you have a heart would want the same thing.
Not trying to pis* anyone off here so don't take me that way.

just seeking advice.

drillinstructor
06-03-09, 06:30 PM
You came for advice and I gave it to you. IF YOU WANT TO STAY HOME WITH YOUR WIFE DON'T JOIN WE ARE AT WAR.

If you do not like the advice keep asking until someone tells you want you want to hear. My advice is STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:32 PM
You came for advice and I gave it to you. IF YOU WANT TO STAY HOME WITH YOUR WIFE DON'T JOIN WE ARE AT WAR.

If you do not like the advice keep asking until someone tells you want you want to hear. My advice is STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!

Roger that,
I got it that time.
Thank you sir.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:36 PM

Since you seem to have pretty good advice.
Maybe you can inform me on the M.O.S. that I would hold.
If you don't mind.

thewookie
06-03-09, 06:42 PM
Let me rephrase so you all stop getting confused.

I'll do my duty till the end, enough said.

Really, interesting to see how much heart you express based on your prior actions. I love it when people come in here with these lame azz sob stories about why they gave up, or gave in, or took the short route home - frame it how you want - YOU FRIGGIN QUIT AND NOW YOU HAVE SOME HEART ONLINE?

GO AWAY.

YOUR MOS IS CIVILIAN.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:47 PM
Really, interesting to see how much heart you express based on your prior actions. I love it when people come in here with these lame azz sob stories about why they gave up, or gave in, or took the short route home - frame it how you want - YOU FRIGGIN QUIT AND NOW YOU HAVE SOME HEART ONLINE?

GO AWAY.

YOUR MOS IS CIVILIAN.

Fuc* you piece of shi*
Your fuc*in trash.
You don't know me or what i've been through and you have no right to judge me.
Your probably some piece of shi* that has no intentions of doing shi* with his life.

I have a college degree and am still willing to put my fuc*ing life on the line for what war? You think we are over there killing innocent lifes because we don't know who is the enemy and who isn't when everyone looks the same? I bet your one of those stupid fuc*s that are okay with that kinda shi*. Just killing huh. You probably enjoy it. Well wait till you get home and those demons start eating at you and you have no fuc*ing soul left.

Before you judge others why don't you learn what life is really about man.

This thread is jacked.

The only advice i'd get from here is shi*.

Waste of my time.

Good luck to those of you who are actually REAL and not some prick as* faggot that tries to bully up on someone in need of real advice in REAL life in the REAL world.

God bless.

Greg1990
06-03-09, 06:49 PM
Fuc* you piece of shi*
Your fuc*in trash.

Just stop typing man. You don't want to know what's next.

thewookie
06-03-09, 06:50 PM
Fuc* you piece of shi*
Your fuc*in trash.
Your probably some piece of shi* that has no intentions of doing shi* with his life.

I have a college degree and am still willing to put my fuc*ing life on the line for what war? You think we are over there killing innocent lifes because we don't know who is the enemy and who isn't when everyone looks the same? I bet your one of those stupid fuc*s that are okay with that kinda shi*. Just killing huh. You probably enjoy it. Well wait till you get home and those demons start eating at you and you have no fuc*ing soul left.

This thread is jacked.

Waste of my time.

Good luck to those of you who are actually REAL and not some prick as* faggot that tries to bully up on someone in need of real advice in REAL life in the REAL world.

God bless.

blah, blah, blah - i'd waste my time typing more of my thoughts to you mr. online tough guy, but before I have time to digest my dinner this thread will be deleted/locked down,, and you'll be gone, again.

all the degrees in the world can't teach you discipline, respect, honor and courage - you lack all of that so take your degrees and your life and go away.

save your stories for your inlaws - goodbye.

StrikeQ
06-03-09, 06:53 PM
Fuc* you piece of shi*
Your fuc*in trash.

This thread is jacked.

Waste of my time.

God bless.

You just proved everything they said true.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:54 PM
blah,blah, blah - i'd waste my time typing more of my thoughts to you mr. online tough guy, but before i digest dinner this thread will be deleted and you'll be gone.

all the degrees in the world can't teach you discipline, respect, and courage - you lack all fo that so take your degrees and your life and go away.

save your stories for your inlaws - goodbye.

That's fine if i'm deleted. At least I have enough respect to stand up for myself.

I'm not going to argue online. I came for advice and people talk crap.
Get a life dude if you had more time and more of a life than why would you be even reading and responding to my boring old civi life thread. go do your job and mind your business and let others help out. I didn't ask for insults or drama. I asked about my M.O.S.

Were all adults so act like it.

Now who has info about communications command and control

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 06:58 PM
Look im sorry for becoming rude.
I just am seeking advice from those of you who live this military life everyday and sacrifice more than I ever have.

Sorry again.

charm1110
06-03-09, 07:00 PM
Who cares? you just disrepected a Marine NCO who has already served his country Honorably and without crying about getting dealt a shi**y hand. I can't believe you say you want to be a Marine. Did you even graduate bootcamp or is this some kind of B.S. prank? you make no sense whatsoever. GET OUT ... BYE!!!

thewookie
06-03-09, 07:01 PM
That's fine if i'm deleted. At least I have enough respect to stand up for myself.

I'm not going to argue online. I came for advice and people talk crap.
Get a life dude if you had more time and more of a life than why would you be even reading and responding to my boring old civi life thread. go do your job and mind your business and let others help out. I didn't ask for insults or drama. I asked about my M.O.S.

Were all adults so act like it.

Now who has info about communications command and control

YOU DON'T HAVE A MOS DICWAD - YOU QUIT BOOTCAMP AND ARE NOT EVEN A MARINE - HOW COULD YOU HAVE A MARINE OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY IF YOU HAVE NOT EARNED THE PRIMARY MOS OF ALL MARINES WHICH IS 0300?

?

AND, WHAT HAVE YOU STOOD UP FOR YOU COWARD??? - YOU THINK ACTING TOUGH ONLINE IS STANDING UP YOU WIMP? YOUR FILTHY AZZ IS PROBALY TYPING THIS AS YOU'RE SITTING THERE EATING A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS AND DRINKING COKE IN YESTURDAYS DIRTY UNDERWEAR.

BYE.

Thanks for the laugh.:D

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:04 PM
YOU DON'T HAVE A MOS DICWAD - YOU QUIT BOOTCAMP AND ARE NOT EVEN A MARINE - HOW COULD YOU HAVE A MARINE OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY IF YOU HAVE NOT EARNED THE PRIMARY MOS OF ALL MARINES WHICH IS 0300?

?

AND, WHAT HAVE YOU STOOD UP FOR YOU COWARD??? - YOU THINK ACTING TOUGH ONLINE IS STANDING UP YOU WIMP? YOUR FILTHY AZZ IS PROBALY TYPING THIS AS YOU'RE SITTING THERE EATING A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS AND DRINKING COKE IN YESTURDAYS DIRTY UNDERWEAR.

BYE.

Thanks for the laugh.:D
hahaa this is good.
but alright.
I'm done with this childish show you all put on.
If noone is old enough to have respect around here than i'm done with this site.
maybe other branches are a better option as I see now how people act.

Thanks for your time and have a good day gentlemen.

Wyoming
06-03-09, 07:08 PM
Look im sorry for becoming rude.
I just am seeking advice from those of you who live this military life everyday and sacrifice more than I ever have.

Sorry again.

Nope, too late, you **** with one, you **** with all.

I consider The Wookie and DrillInstructor both Brothers.

You ****ed with them.

Now, I may get banned here meownself, but **** OFF *****!

BTW *******, Marines is CAPITALIZED!!

Teak
06-03-09, 07:10 PM
Hey bone head you quit boot camp there for you are not a Marine so why is it on your profile?? They might not be old enough but the ones that have told you what you dont want to hear have been there done that and earned the title. So age in the military has nothing to do with respect it is the RANK. any MOS that you sign can be changed without prior notice they put yer butt where they need you.
Hey anyone need some pop corn?

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:11 PM
How am I disrespecting anyone? I'm giving the same amount of respect as I recieve which is very small. I may be a civi but I still contribute.

Wookie - I'm asking about my M.O.S. because on my DD214 and my current contract that's what's listed. Sorry for the confusion.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:13 PM
Hey bone head you quit boot camp there for you are not a Marine so why is it on your profile?? They might not be old enough but the ones that have told you what you dont want to hear have been there done that and earned the title. So age in the military has nothing to do with respect it is the RANK. any MOS that you sign can be changed without prior notice they put yer butt where they need you.
Hey anyone need some pop corn?
Fair enough.
Thanks for the information.
Appreciated.:thumbup:

Teak
06-03-09, 07:21 PM
BTW change your profile you are a wanna be not a Marine.

Teak
06-03-09, 07:23 PM
<LI class=profilefield_category>About Cowboytaylor <DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade>Rank <DD>E-1 <<< no rank you quit<DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine corps <DD>2006 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service <<<< not in service you QUIT</DD></DL>

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:23 PM
BTW change your profile you are a wanna be not a Marine.
How do you change profile info?

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:24 PM
<LI class=profilefield_category>About Cowboytaylor <DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade>Rank <DD>E-1 <<< no rank you quit<DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine corps <DD>2006 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service <<<< not in service you QUIT</DD></DL>
It required that information to sign up sir.
<LI class=profilefield_category>and as far as the "still in service" I did not choose that.
<LI class=profilefield_category>If you let me know how to change it i'd be more than happy to.

Teak
06-03-09, 07:27 PM
It required that information to sign up sir.

<LI class=profilefield_category>and as far as the "still in service" I did not choose that.

<LI class=profilefield_category>If you let me know how to change it i'd be more than happy to.
LOL I WAS JUST CALLED A SIR...
<LI class=profilefield_category>GO TO PROFILE CLICK ON EDIT DUH..

Lisa 23
06-03-09, 07:33 PM
Cowboytaylor......if you really want to become a Marine, you will. Each and everyone of us gave up something in our lives to become a Marine, no questions asked.
You are a trained fighting UNITED STATES MARINE first and foremost, MOS second.
No one wants to die....but in time of War, there are NO guarantees that you will come back safely. You either put your life on the line for God, Country and Corps......or you don't. It's that simple. I want to know that my fellow Marines would put their lives on the line for me like I would for them. I don't want someone by my side that has the doubts that you do about being at War. Sometimes.....that's how lives are lost. If you're not willing to put your life on the line, then the Marine Corps isn't for you. Being a Marine isn't all about killing people, it just happens to be at a time when our country is at War.
As for your MOS, ask a Recruiter.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:37 PM
Cowboytaylor......if you really want to become a Marine, you will. Each and everyone of us gave up something in our lives to become a Marine, no questions asked.
You are a trained fighting UNITED STATES MARINE first and foremost, MOS second.
No one wants to die....but in time of War, there are NO guarantees that you will come back safely. You either put your life on the line for God, Country and Corps......or you don't. It's that simple. I want to know that my fellow Marines would put their lives on the line for me like I would for them. I don't want someone by my side that has the doubts that you do about being at War. Sometimes.....that's how lives are lost. If you're not willing to put your life on the line, then the Marine Corps isn't for you. Being a Marine isn't all about killing people, it just happens to be at a time when our country is at War.
As for your MOS, ask a Recruiter.
Agreed.
Thank you for your advice, appreciated!
:thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
06-03-09, 07:37 PM
If you let me know how to change it i'd be more than happy to.

You can change all the information in your profile by clicking edit and change the information.

You can't change the status....a moderator will have to do that.

However after your above statements to the Marines on this site....I don't believe you will have to worry about to many changes.....:evilgrin:

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:38 PM
can't find the edit for the info you are talking about.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:40 PM
You can change all the information in your profile by clicking edit and change the information.

You can't change the status....a moderator will have to do that.

However after your above statements to the Marines on this site....I don't believe you will have to worry about to many changes.....:evilgrin:
As i've stated above, I give out the same amount of respect that I recieve and I find that to be very fair. I did not mean to disrespect anyone and I have apologized numerous times now.
So again for the last and final time, I do apologize for any disrespect.

Phantom Blooper
06-03-09, 07:44 PM
In the top left hand corner of the site is MY INFO click on that and scroll down and edit information....and fill out a profile....:evilgrin:

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 07:49 PM
My first thought is that you're an indecisive disrespectful piece of shi t who has learned nothing from his "service". I am not, however, the final judge of this. I've got a Texas barrier I know of with some names scratched in it on Pendleton. Come out here and ask the brothers I left in Iraq if you are worthy of their legacy. See what they think of you hiding from combat. If it's good enough for them I suppose it will have to be good enough for me...
Whatever you're going to do, just fvcking do it. As I type this, my brothers are fighting for their lives in another shi thole just so you can have the privilege to hem, haw, and dick around.

http://www.scherr-usa.us/images/dad_Cape_gloucester-1.jpg
I wonder if this Marine's recruiters gave him so many options? :thumbdown:

Wyoming
06-03-09, 07:50 PM
How am I disrespecting anyone?

Fuc* you piece of shi*
Your fuc*in trash.

Figure it out!!

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:51 PM
My first thought is that you're an indecisive disrespectful piece of shi t who has learned nothing from his "service". I am not, however, the final judge of this. I've got a Texas barrier I know of with some names scratched in it on Pendleton. Come out here and ask the brothers I left in Iraq if you are worthy of their legacy. See what they think of you hiding from combat. If it's good enough for them I suppose it will have to be good enough for me...
Whatever you're going to do, just fvcking do it. As I type this, my brothers are fighting for their lives in another shi thole just so you can have the privilege to hem, haw, and dick around.

http://www.scherr-usa.us/images/dad_Cape_gloucester-1.jpg
I wonder if this Marine's recruiters gave him so many options? :thumbdown:
Alright alright. I get the picture.
I ****ed up alright I'll admit that but i'm here now trying to fix my mistakes and get advice because i'm confused on what to do. I'm about to bring a new life into this world and i want to be here for him or her(whatever my wife is having) and i'm just confused. sorry men.

Wyoming
06-03-09, 07:52 PM
As i've stated above, I give out the same amount of respect that I recieve and I find that to be very fair. I did not mean to disrespect anyone and I have apologized numerous times now.

See post 23 & 39.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:52 PM
Figure it out!!
At the time I was not aware this gentleman was a Marine. I though he was another civi on this site.
My apologies.

Kreegz
06-03-09, 07:55 PM

So you expect to just show up here as a civilian and receive the same amount of respect as someone who has gone through boot camp and earned the title? Someone who has dedicated a significant portion of his life to the service of his country? Someone who could have possibly been injured while fighting and protecting you? Someone who may have had to watch his best friend die?

Respect is not freely given, it is earned. You should have enough sense to realize that the Marines here should have done enough already to earn your respect.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 07:58 PM
So you expect to just show up here as a civilian and receive the same amount of respect as someone who has gone through boot camp and earned the title? Someone who has dedicated a significant portion of his life to the service of his country? Someone who could have possibly been injured while fighting and protecting you? Someone who may have had to watch his best friend die?

Respect is not freely given, it is earned. You should have enough sense to realize that the Marines here should have done enough already to earn your respect.

Yes I do. Because I know that if someone talked to you the was I was talked to when i was here just seeking advice you would give them the same amount of low respect that you recieved. It's the Golden Rule.

Any who I apologized. You guys can either accept or decline my aplogy. I may have been in the wrong but everyone makes mistakes.

What's everyone's M.o.S. here?

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 07:59 PM
At the time I was not aware this gentleman was a Marine. I though he was another civi on this site.
My apologies.

You thought THIS guy
http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member4756.png
was a civilian??

Lisa 23
06-03-09, 08:01 PM
There are many men and women who leave their families behind. They signed their names on the contract and they have a job to do......plain and simple.

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 08:03 PM
Any who I apologized. You guys can either accept or decline my aplogy. I may have been in the wrong but everyone makes mistakes.

You know,I tried to be as civil (as I know how) above, but you must be pretty dense. Look at the fvckin name of this damned site. Take one guess who it belongs to. You don't GIVE us two options-we will instead direct you to the third option....don't let it you too hard on the way out.

Cowboytaylor
06-03-09, 08:03 PM
You thought THIS guy
http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member4756.png
was a civilian??
Dude is it everyone's job to tear some guy apart that has never been on a forum and is seeking advice? Let it go already.

I wasn't even looking at his pictures untill after someone said something.

Wyoming
06-03-09, 08:05 PM
... and fill out your profile, wannabee!!

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 08:06 PM
Door's still there...just in case you were wondering, "dude".

GavinL91
06-03-09, 08:07 PM
I can see where your coming from about not wanting to do combat and thinking whats best for your family.You are trained to do combat anyway so you are going to have to learn it and when **** hits the fan ,you will have to use it.

Aint nothing wrong with being a Grunt.I want to be MSF and i will be spending probably 2 years with those guys gettin to know em.They put in all the work!

Dont go to any other branch.Nothing is better than the USMC.So what you messed up before,get back out there and finish where you left off and get that title.

Hope everything works out bro!

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 08:08 PM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2631/bildesited2date20070430zn0.jpg

Speaking of doors....:evilgrin:

Amw088
06-03-09, 08:09 PM
Dude is it everyone's job to tear some guy apart that has never been on a forum and is seeking advice? Let it go already.

I wasn't even looking at his pictures untill after someone said something.

If you can't handle how you're talked to on a forum I can only imagine how you handle Drill Instructors.

Also this is the Marines "house" they don't have to give you respect.

That's how I see it.

Good luck though.

PaidinBlood
06-03-09, 08:10 PM
If you can't handle how you're talked to on a forum I can only imagine how you handle Drill Instructors.

Also this is the Marines "house" they don't have to give you respect.

That's how I see it.

Good luck though.

Well said, especially from you...you and your "ghey" dog took a ribbing the other day, huh? :D I thought you handled it well...

Teak
06-03-09, 08:13 PM
I am leaving my daughter who is 6 and my new husband to join. I know I will be deployed I know that I might not make it back, but if it is asked of me i will gladly give my life for this country and my fellow man/woman. so find a pair strap them on and get going.