PDA

View Full Version : One small step...

MarinesFTW
06-02-09, 08:10 PM
I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing. Its just one small step in the direction of the ultimate goal.

Ship Date - 20100621
MOS - Open Contract (waiting until the fiscal year)

deBeer
06-02-09, 08:23 PM
Sweet bro, welcome to being a poolee! Yeah I had to go to MEPS 3 times!

DGardner
06-02-09, 08:28 PM
Sweet bro, welcome to being a poolee! Yeah I had to go to MEPS 3 times!

waivers?

MarinesFTW
06-02-09, 08:29 PM
Lol yeah, there was a guy there who was suppose to go to Army Basic yesterday, but there computers were down so he couldn't ship and then they couldn't get him a ticket for today. He sat in MEPS from 5-5 for 2 days strait.. Poor poor man...

deBeer
06-02-09, 09:08 PM
waivers?

Yep, First time was for asvab. Second was for medical and at the end of the day they perm DQ me unless I could get a waiver for high blood pressure. It was like 185/100 which is like what the f--k high. Now I am 5'11 and 205lbs so it shouldn't be that high. They were waiting 15 minutes each time they checked it and it wouldn't go down. I went to a regular doctor and it went down to 130/80 and now its like 120/75 or something. I don't know what happened, my recruiter brought up white coat syndrome but I think it just was cause the Marines Corps is the only thing I want to do in life. If I don't get this I really don't know what I am going to do. So I just got scared of being DQ. Went back the 3rd time with the waiver and got accepted.

Sorry for the paragraph :(

MarinesFTW
06-02-09, 09:59 PM
Not as bad as a guy in my group. He was 103 over 39... Took 5 times before they got it at a someone decent levels..

deBeer
06-02-09, 10:11 PM
Lol how was that guy living?

Hartford
06-02-09, 10:12 PM
Not as bad as a guy in my group. He was 103 over 39... Took 5 times before they got it at a someone decent levels..
Was he about to faint? Geez.

And are you a high school junior (soon to be senior), MarinesFTW?

I have been to MEPS twice now. Once for ASVAB and then again for medical. Next time I go back will to sign/swear in. Can't wait. :thumbup:

deBeer
06-02-09, 10:14 PM
I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing. Its just one small step in the direction of the ultimate goal.

Ship Date - 20100621
MOS - Open Contract (waiting until the fiscal year)

I just noticed that date, damn dude. Are you going to be a senior next year? I joined the delayed entry program back in September and I am leaving in August. I can't wait any longer!

chadhertz
06-02-09, 10:28 PM
Good job man. Hope to be swearing in within the next two weeks myself.:)

DGardner
06-02-09, 10:35 PM

Sounds like machine error. That's why they need to take it manually.

DGardner
06-02-09, 10:36 PM
Lol how was that guy living?

I've had patients whose BP was 46/20.

deBeer
06-02-09, 11:19 PM
Yeah DGradner, they are all automatic. I mean you don't even have to be a doctor to use them or understand them. Its like they gave someone a white coat and was like ok here, turn it on and push this button and if its under 140/70 or whatever they're good. Those are bound for errors.

DGardner
06-03-09, 01:08 AM
Yeah DGradner, they are all automatic. I mean you don't even have to be a doctor to use them or understand them. Its like they gave someone a white coat and was like ok here, turn it on and push this button and if its under 140/70 or whatever they're good. Those are bound for errors.

Never thought much of it until I got involved with medicine but, now that just ticks me off.

sbombard15
06-03-09, 07:06 AM
I swore in yesterday to. I thought the depth chart was wicked hard but I made it through everything ok. Its just the first step but you feel awesome.:D

Ship date: 20100628
MOS: open contract(until next fiscal year)

ameriken
06-03-09, 08:54 AM
I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing.

Lol.....That's called 'hurry up and wait'.

Congratulations....

MarinesFTW
06-03-09, 09:46 PM
I swore in yesterday to. I thought the depth chart was wicked hard but I made it through everything ok. Its just the first step but you feel awesome.:D

Ship date: 20100628
MOS: open contract(until next fiscal year)

Hey you did the exact same thing as me... You just ship one week after me.. Gosh... It's still over a whole year away!!! And yes to all of those who were asking I am a junior going to be a senior..

MarinesFTW
06-03-09, 09:48 PM

Congratulations....

Lol yeah, I was done and waiting to do the underwear olympics at 9:30.. I was done doing the good ol duck walk at 12:30. They made me wait for EVERYONE else.. We had one doctor doing 10 of us, and then he did the females before he went and did us, let alone he was slow as hell. Good times, got to know a few cool people. One guy was a SSgt. in the Army, he was in recon and was just telling us about the stuff he did (he was going OCS).

sbombard15
06-03-09, 10:08 PM
Hey you did the exact same thing as me... You just ship one week after me.. Gosh... It's still over a whole year away!!! And yes to all of those who were asking I am a junior going to be a senior..

Im a junior going senior to. Got to wait till the new fiscal year to get 03xx and I will try to move my ship date up a week.

deBeer
06-03-09, 11:52 PM

Congratulations....

My recruiter and the other recruiters during the trainings make us do that all the time. It has also made me learn the importance of bearing while in formation too. Nothing sucks more than standing at attention for what seems like forever and almost being able to parade rest and one of the recruiters does something hilarious and makes you laugh. Now you have to do smurf jumping jacks till your legs are jello, which by the way, will kill your run on the practice IST! :mad:

Hartford
06-04-09, 12:54 AM
Lol, "underwear olympics"! Never heard that before, good stuff. :)

Mttscreename
06-04-09, 06:46 PM
Good job, I went through the same thing Monday the 1st. My ship date will be 20100525 to MCRDPI, 3 days after i graduate lol. Why is yours so late?

sbombard15
06-04-09, 07:35 PM
Good job, I went through the same thing Monday the 1st. My ship date will be 20100525 to MCRDPI, 3 days after i graduate lol. Why is yours so late?

I graduate the 19th so i will try to move my ship date to the 21st.

MarinesFTW
06-05-09, 10:03 AM
My recruiter and the other recruiters during the trainings make us do that all the time. It has also made me learn the importance of bearing while in formation too. Nothing sucks more than standing at attention for what seems like forever and almost being able to parade rest and one of the recruiters does something hilarious and makes you laugh. Now you have to do smurf jumping jacks till your legs are jello, which by the way, will kill your run on the practice IST! :mad:

uhh yeah.. I was at a mini boot camp I was at the position of attention for 25 minutes. Me and a guy had to carry a broken poolee to this building and a DI found us. I was preaty much 2 scared to move..