PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with the BCNR?

DGardner
06-01-09, 10:14 PM
I need to get my DD214 changed and have to apply for a hearing with the Board for the Correction of Naval Records, to get that done. Anyone have any experience in this area? Anyone ever goto their hearing?

NoRemorse
06-01-09, 10:26 PM
There's no guarantee you'll have to go to a hearing. Just get on their site and assemble a packet. Make sure to include everything required to corroborate your story or reason for a correction (letters from COs, medical records, adjudications, whatever).

bucksgted
06-02-09, 12:06 AM
I need to get my DD214 changed and have to apply for a hearing with the Board for the Correction of Naval Records, to get that done. Anyone have any experience in this area? Anyone ever goto their hearing?

Fill in all the blanks on their form with painstaking detail. Who knows, you might get lucky like I did - - they just sent my package to retired records in St. Louis and in approx 3 weeks I got my DD215 that corrected / added to my DD214. One never knows!!

Good luck, Gardner!!

Ed

DGardner
06-02-09, 12:15 PM
Fill in all the blanks on their form with painstaking detail. Who knows, you might get lucky like I did - - they just sent my package to retired records in St. Louis and in approx 3 weeks I got my DD215 that corrected / added to my DD214. One never knows!!

Good luck, Gardner!!

Ed

Thank you, it's good to see that there is a chance of getting it changed.

-Gardner