PDA

View Full Version : Protective order affect enlistment?

Warcrawler
06-01-09, 06:32 PM
I have a protective order filed against me under the basis of stalking. <br />
No I did not stalk anyone,in fact she stalked me,but i can't afford the court fees to make an appeal,so I decided to just live...

Wyoming
06-01-09, 08:13 PM
You gotta do better than that!! <br />
<br />
I suppose you have heard that there are also no guilty people in prison. They all swear innocence. <br />
<br />
<br />
Your recruiter, he'll be back soon? So wait.

JSam
06-01-09, 08:49 PM
I have a protective order filed against me under the basis of stalking.
No I did not stalk anyone,in fact she stalked me,

So she got a restraining order on you even though she was stalking you?
That doesn't make sense, as it prohibits her from stalking you...
Just saying...

TJR1070
06-02-09, 07:36 AM
I really feel for some of these recruiters.

0231Marine
06-02-09, 07:44 AM
Lol

AMBruce
06-02-09, 08:42 AM
Wow, this is a first.

DGardner
06-02-09, 12:27 PM
No idea, sorry. Best of luck.

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 05:46 PM
my recruiter and I talked today. Turns out it doesnt even show up on a criminal record it only shows up on the local police computer.
He also sorta laughed cuz he met her before and realizes shes a psycho *****.
and to whoever said it makes no sense since now she cant stalk me
Yes it does, She CAN still stalk me, it bars me from her not vice versa. She can contact me, but i better not reply! she can come to my place of employment, but I cant speak to her. etc etc etc.

I dont care none. Oh god i cant go near psycho *****. THE HORROR!
sorry for the double post though guys.
I was just really flipping my **** and freaking out. I cant imagine not becoming a marine,

Wyoming
06-02-09, 05:53 PM
my recruiter and I talked today. Turns out it doesnt even show up on a criminal record it only shows up on the local police computer.
He also sorta laughed cuz he met her before and realizes shes a psycho *****.
and to whoever said it makes no sense since now she cant stalk me
Yes it does, She CAN still stalk me, it bars me from her not vice versa. She can contact me, but i better not reply! she can come to my place of employment, but I cant speak to her. etc etc etc.

I dont care none. Oh god i cant go near psycho *****. THE HORROR!
sorry for the double post though guys.
I was just really flipping my **** and freaking out. I cant imagine not becoming a marine,

Why would you want to become a marine, or don't you 'care none'?

Gunner 0313
06-02-09, 05:58 PM
:flag:Playing devils advocate, I'd have to say that was pretty crafty of her to do that and have heard of such happening before. Whether or not it's true is another story. Bottom line as a male you're SOL when it comes to dealing with crazy biatches. Lesson to be learned, stay away from the crazies.

Zulu 36
06-02-09, 06:19 PM
:flag:Playing devils advocate, I'd have to say that was pretty crafty of her to do that and have heard of such happening before. Whether or not it's true is another story. Bottom line as a male you're SOL when it comes to dealing with crazy biatches. Lesson to be learned, stay away from the crazies.

Speaking as a retired cop, yeah, crap like that happens all of the time. However, if she starts contacting him, if he is smart, he will immediately make police reports and file for a PO on her. If she is calling him at home or on his cell, phone records will show who is calling who, etc. It weakens her case on the PO significantly.

Enforcing dueling POs is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 07:48 PM
Speaking as a retired cop, yeah, crap like that happens all of the time. However, if she starts contacting him, if he is smart, he will immediately make police reports and file for a PO on her. If she is calling him at home or on his cell, phone records will show who is calling who, etc. It weakens her case on the PO significantly.

Enforcing dueling POs is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Im not even gonna bother freaking arguing against the PO.
It just doesnt matter to me. If she calls me I wont answer. period.
I doubt she will though. But yeah i dont even wanna challenge cuz i BET you ill get a lady judge.
I plan on doing military career so since it isnt gonna even show up when I enlist, Im not gonna bother.
If something were to force me out of the military though, Im sure every male interviewer I ever have will completely understand the situation,and in fact prolly not give a damn since its from when i was a minor.

Teak
06-02-09, 08:36 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but, from what I understand is she CAN NOT contact you because she will be braking the order if she calls you. I may be wrong but from working at the jail that is what I have seen!

ecfree
06-02-09, 08:53 PM
. I cant imagine not becoming a marine,
Lets not forget to put the cap on Marine...:evilgrin:

JSam
06-02-09, 09:55 PM
Lets not forget to put the cap on Marine...:evilgrin:

Man, I really don't understand what it is with people really wanting to become ocean life... but whatever creams your Twinkie....

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 10:50 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but, from what I understand is she CAN NOT contact you because she will be braking the order if she calls you. I may be wrong but from working at the jail that is what I have seen!
eh,the sheriff (who says he believes me that this is just another case of a woman taking advantage of the fact im a male so its easy to use the court to get back at me) when he served me said that she COULD still contact me, and that he strongly suggested i appeal to get a PO on her. and sorry for not capatalizing Marine. I just wasn't thinking at the time. no excuses to give i just wasnt thinking.

But hey its all good and settled! it only shows up on one computer system and that is a system neither MEPs or The recruiter will ever look at =D.

Phantom Blooper
06-02-09, 10:58 PM
But hey its all good and settled! it only shows up on one computer system and that is a system neither MEPs or The recruiter will ever look at =D.

Integrity is not only a virtue...but a U.S. Marine Corps leadership trait.

Lie and it will catch up to you!

Get a waiver and be on the safe side....MEPS and the recruiter may not look...but BIG BROTHER may already be watching!:evilgrin:

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 11:08 PM
haha, no im not gonna lie! not a chance!
But my recruiter says they dont ever ask anything about protective orders or ANYTHING to do with Civil affairs.
So It just won't come up.
if it does,than yes ill mention it to them, and im sure it won't be a big deal.
But I highly doubt it'll ever be looked at by the Marines. Not because I'm hiding it,but because as my recruiter put it,it would seem they just really dont care. =D. I don't even know if there ARE waivers for it because I haven't seen anything about restraining orders being any sort of disqualification to the military.

PaidinBlood
06-02-09, 11:16 PM
haha, no im not gonna lie! not a chance!
But my recruiter says they dont ever ask anything about protective orders or ANYTHING to do with Civil affairs.
So It just won't come up.
if it does,than yes ill mention it to them, and im sure it won't be a big deal.
But I highly doubt it'll ever be looked at by the Marines. Not because I'm hiding it,but because as my recruiter put it,it would seem they just really dont care. =D. I don't even know if there ARE waivers for it because I haven't seen anything about restraining orders being any sort of disqualification to the military.

If I was your recruiter and the Corps was sitting on 130% accession I would take out a PO on you :D Maybe he's just havin a bad month, though... Just because the Corps is kickin azz in recruiting doesn't mean each individual recruiter is...poor bastards....

Good luck! :thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
06-02-09, 11:19 PM
There is a record.... <br />
<br />
Do what you want.....your going to anyhow...however your initial question was asking for advice....it was given.....if you don't come clean....it will bite you in the azz! <br />

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 11:26 PM
There is a record....

Do what you want.....your going to anyhow...however your initial question was asking for advice....it was given.....if you don't come clean....it will bite you in the azz!

If and when you do go to a MCRD and you almost complete the 3 phases of training and your SDI and Series Commander calls you to the quarterdeck....while the rest of your platoon is packing for leave home and preparing to march across the grinder to graduate.....you'll be packing to go to a holding company to be sent home for a fraud enlistment!

You asked.....I and other Marines told!:evilgrin:
How would it be fraud? it does NOT show up on ANY sort of criminal record,because it is NOT a criminal record. If they ask me about if i have any protective orders or restraining orders, I will NOT hold back,hell I may even bring it up at MEPs, but they will probably say the same thing my recruiter did, that it has nothing at all to do with my enlistment.
I'm not trying to argue, please don't take it that way, I completely respect all you guys and appreciate your answers.
But like,it wouldn't be a fraud enlistment if it was never brought up,asked about, looked at, etc etc?
And i dont mean not telling the FULL truth either, Im not at ALL gonna try and hide it, I just dont see any need to go out of my way to bring it up,I brought it up with my recruiter, and he said it would never show up. So I'm assuming(uh oh,assuming is no good) that that means even if it did show up it just wouldn't matter.
Am I wrong in these assumptions?
Is there anyone who could possibly find out for sure if protective orders are asked about at any point during enlistment?
Because I'd like another source to give me that information rather than a recruiter who WANTS me to sign.

Phantom Blooper
06-02-09, 11:31 PM
Is there anyone who could possibly find out for sure if protective orders are asked about at any point during enlistment?

Anything about LEGAL matters or ILLEGAL matters is asked.

If you get an MOS that requires a security clearance any and all will be divulged.

And if you don't tell MEPS it maybe to late.

fraudˇuˇlent [ fráwjələnt ]

adjective

Definition:

designed to deceive: not honest, true, or fair, and intended to deceive people (the Marine Corps!)

:evilgrin:

Warcrawler
06-02-09, 11:52 PM
alright. thank you.
I know you don't have a solid answer to this question, but in your opinion,say, if you had to place money on it, would you say since its not on my criminal record, and since I voluntarily show them the information,and the protective order will never be violated, AND it expires in 2 years, would you say it would require a waver? and if so, would said waver have a very good chance of being granted?

I know you don't have a solid answer to that, only MEPs would, but I'm looking for something to ease my mind because i am now freaking out again. I love the Corps and I'd hate for ANYTHING to come between me and the Corps.

Teak
06-03-09, 12:30 AM
you are lucky that it one shows up on one. it normally would show up on local and state or atleast thats the way things show up here. of course we look at TCIC and NCIC

Teak
06-03-09, 12:39 AM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_have_a_restraining_order_on_someone_can_you _contact_them
sounds like the eh sheriff is messing with you dude!

and it might not be from your state but...
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/restraining-order-massachusetts
most states are the same.

TJR1070
06-03-09, 08:08 AM
Warcrawler, how about you take the advice given, and report the protective order to MEPS, and let your recruiter know you are going to do this, and go PT and get ready for boot camp, and stay away from your Ex, oh and try using periods and proper sentence structure, and see how annoying this is.

Warcrawler
06-03-09, 02:42 PM
aye sir!
I'm just nervous as all, Looking for someone to just say it won't be a big deal D=. Guess I'll wait to find out in august at MEPs

Warcrawler
06-04-09, 01:04 PM
Good news! The Gunnery Sergeant at the recruiting station stopped by the station and my recruiter talked to him about it and the Gunnery Sgt. Said that I should bring it to MEPs,but that it wont be a big deal at all, that it probably won't even require a waiver,and if it does there is no way I'd be denied said waiver.

Zulu 36
06-04-09, 01:10 PM
Good news! The Gunnery Sergeant at the recruiting station stopped by the station and my recruiter talked to him about it and the Gunnery Sgt. Said that I should bring it to MEPs,but that it wont be a big deal at all, that it probably won't even require a waiver,and if it does there is no way I'd be denied said waiver.

Just remember to stay away from that broad, even after boot camp (if you make it).

Warcrawler
06-04-09, 01:14 PM
Just remember to stay away from that broad, even after boot camp (if you make it).
Please don't say "if you make it"
I see it as a negative way of speaking.
I WILL make it.
You watch =D.
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't make it.
And I am staying away from her, I wasn't going anywhere near her in the first place, she was the one harrassing me. This isn't a courtroom though so I am not gonna give my testimony to that.

I can't wait until August. I know MEPs probably isn't a big deal to you guys but for me I see it as the first big step in many steps to achieving my dreams =D.

Zulu 36
06-04-09, 01:24 PM
Please don't say "if you make it"
I see it as a negative way of speaking.
I WILL make it.
You watch =D.
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't make it.
And I am staying away from her, I wasn't going anywhere near her in the first place, she was the one harrassing me. This isn't a courtroom though so I am not gonna give my testimony to that.

I can't wait until August. I know MEPs probably isn't a big deal to you guys but for me I see it as the first big step in many steps to achieving my dreams =D.

Desire is good. But sometimes sh*t happens you don't intend.

Warcrawler
06-04-09, 02:43 PM
Desire is good. But sometimes sh*t happens you don't intend.
la la la I CANT HEAR YOU!

Teak
06-04-09, 03:26 PM
Are you kidding me??? Is this the way you show respect to Marines? Yes you got yer butt chewed in some post but the Marine Zulu 36 was not putting you down or talkin crap to you. Get over yourself. All I see when I read this is you acting like a 5 yr old kid.<!-- / message -->

ggyoung
06-04-09, 03:42 PM
I would say on the average on a protection order filed by a woman the woman is right 80 to 90% of the time.

Phantom Blooper
06-04-09, 04:55 PM
la la la I CANT HEAR YOU!

Warcrawler

Your question was answered....and answered by the RSS SNCOIC as the same.

Now you are starting to be disrespectful to the Marines on this site!

NOT ALL RECRUITS MAKE IT THROUGH MARINE CORPS BOOT CAMP!

The Sergeant is correct......sometimes unforeseen things happen even though the desire is there.

You need to STOP now the borderline belligerent disrespectful attitude that you have.

If you have nothing pertinent to say.....then shut your suck!

Marines on this site and in the Marine Corps have been there done that and have earned the title of Marine.....as of now you haven't!

You need to do a 360 degree turn....grab your respect by the azz and shut up!

Or bend over and grab your ankles...because you will have every Marine on this site on your azz!

You owe the Sergeant a respectful apology!

:evilgrin:

Warcrawler
06-05-09, 11:40 AM
I CANT HEAR YOU GUYS! I'M TOO BUSY PTing MY ASS OFF GRUNTING FACING THE GROUND PREPARING FOR THE BOOTCAMP I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH!

(and no disrespect was intended for the sgt.)

Teak
06-05-09, 11:50 AM
Wow you are a child. And busy PTing are you kidding as I sit here typing this you are in this thread.(how do I know this) Look at the very bottom of the page it shows who is in this thread so stop being a liar. Humm not stalking you stalking this thread.

PaidinBlood
06-05-09, 05:01 PM
I CANT HEAR YOU GUYS! I'M TOO BUSY PTing MY ASS OFF GRUNTING FACING THE GROUND PREPARING FOR THE BOOTCAMP I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH!

(and no disrespect was intended for the sgt.)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/youdumbcat/EpicFail02.jpg

Don't know what you were trying to do there but it didn't work. Quit fvckin around, apologize to the Sgt and quit being an azzhat. Good luck.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/epic%20fail/youdumbcat/EpicFail02.jpg

NoRemorse
06-05-09, 05:09 PM
Perfect execution and timing there, PiB. You get at least an 8 out of 10.

PaidinBlood
06-05-09, 06:12 PM
Perfect execution and timing there, PiB. You get at least an 8 out of 10.

I aim to please... making 8 isn't so bad...

http://www.alivenotdead.com/attachments/2009/01/23977_200901300156065.thumb.jpg

44ghad
06-05-09, 07:02 PM
Good night Jimmy! And I thought my mouth was going to get me chewed. Swear I hope I'm there the day you tell a drill instructor "lalala I'm not listening" See I'm a habitual joker and I know it, but there is a line between joking and disrespectful. There's also the maturity factor that you had best get a grasp on if your going anywhere, period.
Now far as the restaining order, if I may ask for clarity once more from Sgt Zulu 36. Because I thought as Teak said if someone violates their own stay order, it could be nullified? Or is that just for certain places or certain types of contact? Ex: separated parents with stay orders can still have contact dealing with per say emergencies reguarding the child wouldn't nullify. Whereas just repeated calls guiled as having something vaguely child related, may nully an order.