PDA

View Full Version : sunday free time

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 05:23 PM
Hi im a poolee in reno and Im wondering what free time do you get ony sunday. Can you catch up on hygiene, like shaving and brushing your teeth. Can the DI's tell you what you can do and can they take away free time on sunday for any reason?

StrikeQ
06-01-09, 05:32 PM
Can you catch up on hygiene, like shaving and brushing your teeth.

You do that daily already...

Wyoming
06-01-09, 05:32 PM
Hi im a poolee in reno and Im wondering what free time do you get ony sunday. Can you catch up on hygiene, like shaving and brushing your teeth. Can the DI's tell you what you can do and can they take away free time on sunday for any reason?

Wonderful profile.

Fill it out and do a SEARCH.

Nobody should answer you until you do so, iffen the Fairy God Mother from the East doesn't spank you for several indescretions first!

Way to go StrikeQ!!!

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 05:35 PM
please just answer the quick question.

stein07
06-01-09, 05:36 PM
Please just fill out your profile and then maybe someone will. Watch yourself, poolie. BTW, the question has been answered many, many times.

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 05:45 PM
Ok I didnt know i had a profile, I just filled it out so I hope its acceptable.

Wyoming
06-01-09, 05:50 PM
Hi (Hi) im a poolee in reno and Im wondering what free time do you get ony sunday(Some). Can you catch up on hygiene, like shaving and brushing your teeth(Not necessary). Can the DI's (Drill Instructors) tell you what you can do(Yes) and can they take away free time on sunday for any reason(Yes again!!!)? Now, young one, you are all knowed up and fair game.

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 05:53 PM
Thankyou BigAlHolmes165.

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 06:17 PM
Can Someone that has recently attended boot camp within the last six to eight years respond please.

Wes40138
06-01-09, 06:27 PM
If you would use the SEARCH function (easily accessible in your upper right hand corner BTW ) Then you can find out just about any answer(even about pooping in boot camp ) you might have ,because I am sure its been asked before .

JSam
06-01-09, 06:33 PM
Can Someone that has recently attended boot camp within the last six to eight years respond please.

That's recent? Hell, that must make some guys who've been serving for 4-5 years Boots, eh?

Sigh... Your question was answered by a very intelligent person, and you aren't satisfied with it?
If you're already a poolee and you aren't satisfied with the answers that have been given to you, go ask your recruiter and stop wasting these Marines time.

2BJarhead
06-01-09, 06:49 PM
I was satisfied with the response except for the fact that the marine that answered it went to boot fourty three years ago. Things have changed drastically in that time and his experience isnt the same as someone that graduated a few years ago.

JSam
06-01-09, 07:49 PM
I was satisfied with the response except for the fact that the marine (A 'marine' Isn't that ocean life?) that answered it went to boot fourty (forty, I believe you mean. Oh, and there's a hyphen in forty-three) three years ago. Things have changed drastically in that time and his experience isnt the same as someone that graduated a few years ago. (Therefore you aren't satisfied, by what you said right there).

Look here-- You come to a forum and ask questions to Marines and then insult them by not capitalizing their name, and sending disrespectful PMs to Poolees who are just giving it to you how it is?
Grow up, bro. :mad:

Sgt Jim
06-01-09, 08:10 PM
Your Drill Instructor will tell you can and can,t do,He will change your first name to Maggot as well

Wyoming
06-01-09, 08:24 PM
I was satisfied with the response except for the fact that the marine that answered it went to boot fourty three years ago. Things have changed drastically in that time and his experience isnt the same as someone that graduated a few years ago.

You have a reply to your PM, from this low marine life!!

ameriken
06-01-09, 08:43 PM

Your very first post on your very first day on this forum is about free time?

Are you sure you joined the right branch?

This is the Marine Corps, the proudest, toughest, meanest moth-rf-ckers that ever walked the planet, with a boot camp unmatched by any in the world, and your first question is about free time?

Are you sure you wanted the Marines, and not the Boy Scouts?

NoRemorse
06-01-09, 10:28 PM
...Are you sure you wanted the Marines, and not the Boy Scouts...

I'd go with band camp or the glee club. He might actually learn a set of useful skills in the Scouts.

TJR1070
06-02-09, 07:31 AM
I'd go with band camp or the glee club. He might actually learn a set of useful skills in the Scouts.

I don't think the Glee Club would want this disrespectful little ****.

NoRemorse
06-02-09, 07:32 AM
I don't think the Glee Club would want this disrespectful little ****.

You're right, they'd probably secure his free time too.

Phantom Blooper
06-02-09, 10:04 AM
If it wasn't for the Marines on this site answering your questions ....you disrepectful....beligerant maggot...there wouldn't be any answers to 95% of the dumbazz questions that poolees have!

The Marine Corps has changed in 230+ years .....but you are still afforded time to wash your nasty azz and write letters home....if you are not afforded enough free time ask your drill instructor for more.Write home and tell mommy you ain't getting enough time to write home...because you haven't figured out how to multi task yet and accomplish your mission.

Better yet join the army then you can have base liberty and go to the canteen and PX and maybe pick up a ho....

You are a spineless gutless wonder...to come on to this Marine site ask a question...after not following the rules...get an answer...and then disrespect the Marines service because his answer was in his era 40 + years ago!

And the same answer in TODAYS Marine Corps!

The answers to most questions asked are from personal experience or asking the proper personell.....like your recruiter!

The Marines that give answers do so of their own free time and collectively have hundreds of years of Marine Corps expeirence....WHERES YOURS?:evilgrin:

TJR1070
06-02-09, 10:27 AM
Don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!

Old Marine
06-02-09, 11:43 AM
I have been told many times that there is not question that is a stupid question, but some of you poolees are brain dead and need to shut your pie hole and just report to Boot Camp and let everything fall into place. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS AT BOOT CAMP.

scifguard
06-02-09, 12:03 PM
Write home and tell mommy you ain't getting enough time to write home

His old lady would probably join the Mothers of America the day he leaves for boot. And knowing the stories in that the Drill Instructor's told about all the little things that they had changed (such as not being able to say "kill"), soon recruits will have two mandatory hours of free time every day and Sundays off.

JMReynolds111
06-03-09, 12:09 AM
This is the Marine Corps, the proudest, toughest, meanest moth-rf-ckers that ever walked the planet, with a boot camp unmatched by any in the world, and your first question is about free time?

No better answer. Second comment, the Drill Instructors will be your new lovely papa bears for the next 13 weeks no if's and's or but's in there rules under there roof.

God Bless

deBeer
06-03-09, 01:00 AM
Maybe, just maybe your question could have been taken seriously but honestly once the whole hygiene thing came into play, it just went out the window (at least for me). You asked a question, you received an answer. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Any Marine's answer should be taken as true and correct. If something was wrong with Corporal BigAlHolmes165's answer, another Marine would have corrected him. I see no corrections. Take it or leave it. Marine > Poolee

usmcmsf
06-03-09, 02:08 AM
I have been told many times that there is not question that is a stupid question, but some of you poolees are brain dead and need to shut your pie hole and just report to Boot Camp and let everything fall into place. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS AT BOOT CAMP.

Hi, i'm an idiot poolee. I want to know absolutly every detail about every mintue of bootcamp. I do not want one thing to be a surprise thus preparing me better. I want to know how long the turds we sh*t are, how nice the beds are, whats the best tanning spot on the island. I also want to know what kind of soap we use, this is a big deal to me. I'd really prefer dove soap. Are we aloud to have dessert? Are recruits allowed to poop our pants? You Marines better give me a good answer, not you old salts, someone who graduated in the last 3 mintues. You better give me a good answer or I wont join. You need me more than I need the Marines.

AMBruce
06-03-09, 02:35 AM
Hi, i'm an idiot poolee. I want to know absolutly every detail about every mintue of bootcamp. I do not want one thing to be a surprise thus preparing me better. I want to know how long the turds we sh*t are, how nice the beds are, whats the best tanning spot on the island. I also want to know what kind of soap we use, this is a big deal to me. I'd really prefer dove soap. Are we aloud to have dessert? Are recruits allowed to poop our pants? You Marines better give me a good answer, not you old salts, someone who graduated in the last 3 mintues. You better give me a good answer or I wont join. You need me more than I need the Marines.
lol

0231Marine
06-03-09, 07:17 AM
Maybe someone should place a call to SGT. Ramirez of Recruiting Station Reno, NV (702-727-6397) and let him know what a respectful and upstanding recruit he has in Mike Sanchez.

I bet Sgt Ramirez has some ways to school you on what free time you'll get on Sunday's.

Sgt Jim
06-03-09, 08:26 PM
See i told you his name would be changed to maggot,we changed it for him

Lisa 23
06-03-09, 08:46 PM
2BJarhead.....worry about getting through the daily rigors of Boot Camp instead of worrying about Sunday free time.......geeesh! You can have all the free time in the world you want, but if you don't get through Boot Camp, you don't become a MARINE! Plain & simple.
Your profile states that you leave in July for Boot Camp.......do you know your General Orders yet? How physically fit are you......your pullups, crunches and run?
Boot Camp isn't all about free time.......it's about the toughest training you'll ever experience, both mentally and physically. That's what you should be worrying about.

SGT7477
06-03-09, 10:22 PM
Free time now that is funny, we never did promise you a rose garden, maybe the SDI will let you plant a few,lol.

dpd951
06-03-09, 10:34 PM

lmao. I laughed

JSam
06-03-09, 10:35 PM

While I love the humor in this... as much as I tried... I couldn't find enough grammatical errors in it. :P