PDA

View Full Version : Swimming at Poolee Function?

CrazyBrave83
07-17-03, 06:14 PM
My recruiter just called me. This Saturday we have a monthly poolee function and I'm supposed to bring swim trunks. Has anyone else swam at poolee functions? I'm wondering what we do in the pool and whatnot.

If you know, get back to me. I'd appreciate it.

jenrmurray
07-17-03, 06:32 PM
Maybe you will be doing a practice swim qual. If so... FUN! There are four levels of qual. Levels four and three pretty much consist of proving you can swim and jumping off a tower (ten feet-ish). The other two levels consist of more tasks. I don't remember the specifics, but I am sure you can find it online somewhere. Have fun! :)

Seeley
07-17-03, 08:04 PM
Wow I'm doing the same thing on Saturday. I heard we have to tread water with weights among some other things.

CrazyBrave83
07-18-03, 01:00 PM
I'm kinda nervous, I always get myself worked up before things like this (hahaha, funny, isn't it?). I hope I don't get yelled at, I put on a bit of weight, so I kinda got a gut. Workin on losing it tho!

Sixguns
07-19-03, 06:24 AM
Relax, it's good training. The Marines are just trying to give you a taste of what to expect at MCRD. The better prepared you are now, the better you will be at recruit training. Most recruits fail in training because they had not been prepared or did not know what would be required of them. Obviously, your recruiters know and want to help you succeed.

SIXGUNS

leroy8541
07-19-03, 07:30 AM
Water Quals ......Fun Fun Fun. He wants to see who is afraid of the water failing water quals =recycle. I wish we could of done this when I was a recruiter.

jenrmurray
07-19-03, 11:03 AM
You're probably in the water already, but I'm gonna give you this advice anyway:) -- relax in the water. When swimming with the pack and rifle, the faster you try to go, the slower you will go and the more water you will swallow.

I hope it was fun!

Seeley
07-19-03, 01:44 PM
I just got back from mine. We had a lot of fun :). After training we played water polo for like an hour. I took on the big guy from our other team (he was like 6'3 and close to 190lbs). I tackeled him in the water and scored for my team. My recruiter was like, "That's my boy, that's my boy, you can't have 'em! That's my boy!" throughout the whole game lol. We were doing dead hang pullups for a warmup too and I pulled out more than the rest of them (17). They were asking general orders while you were doing the pullups to try and get you off your concentration but I got 'em everytime. Everyone was like "Dang!". The closest anyone else got to me was about 14 by someone getting ready to ship in August. I had so much fun!