PDA

View Full Version : Nervous dork looking for advice...

Greg1990
05-31-09, 01:31 AM
When I say I want to be a Marine, I'm not kidding, but on the other hand, there's only two types of people on this planet - those who are Marines and those who aren't. But I need some serious advice and pointers here. I have never gotten in a fight before. I've had a pretty sheltered life. Never fired a gun. I've never even seen an obstacle course in real life. My background doesn't exactly prepare me for this kind of a challenge. My brother couldn't believe me when I told him I was interested in the Marines ("You? Marines!? You? That? No, dude."). :(

Physical fitness is also a serious problem. I've looked around these forums and seen all the threads about "fat bodies" and that one guy who had the amazing before/after pics. What about the "weak bodies"? :P You know, the guys like me who are too skinny instead of too fat, high metabolic rate, extra distance to cover on those pull ups? Right now I'm at 5 (6 on a good day) pull-ups, 65 crunches in 2 mins, and I am just making it on the mile and a half time. I know that's pretty bad!! but I've been working at this stuff for the past 2 weeks and that's what I'm at. :sick:

is there any hope at all, or should I just forget this and move on! :sick:

thanks all and thanks for your service! especially this memorial day week

StrikeQ
05-31-09, 01:48 AM
There's always hope. If it's what you really want to do, go for it. People from all types of backgrounds, including those similar to yours, have made it through Boot Camp and became Marines.

I'm also one of those "skinny bodies" - 6'4" 152lbs thanks to my high metabolism. Though I'm hoping to push 180lbs and 300 PFT by Graduation day from Boot Camp.

Greg1990
05-31-09, 01:51 AM
I'm also one of those "skinny bodies" - 6'4" 152lbs thanks to my high metabolism.

What kind of performance are you getting out of that i.e. pullups run crunches etc

StrikeQ
05-31-09, 01:57 AM
What kind of performance are you getting out of that i.e. pullups run crunches etc

6 Pull Ups

~60-70 Crunches/2 Min

~13:00 1.5 Mile

Is about where I'm at currently; 'tis what I get for not working out/exercising in ~8 years and having a desk job. Pull ups will be the biggest challenge for me due to long arms/height. Run and crunches won't be too bad by the time I leave for Boot Camp in October.

DGardner
05-31-09, 06:09 AM
Right now I'm at 5 (6 on a good day) pull-ups, 65 crunches in 2 mins, and I am just making it on the mile and a half time.

Believe it or not, you're above the average when it comes to pullups. You'll see when you get to bootcamp that many can only do one, some can't do any. You're doing pretty well on the crunches. My advice for running, is to run. That simple.

You'll do fine, just work on your run and keep the other numbers up.

dizark
05-31-09, 08:57 AM
As DGardner said, you'll be surprised how many people can barely do 1 or 2 at the beginning of boot camp. Make sure you can do the run though. Crunches are easy to improve in a matter of days. All you do is, do 100 crunches every night (don't time yourself, just do 100, even if you stop at 50 for a minute, then crank out another 50. This will improve your ab strength and you'll find it much easier.

ameriken
05-31-09, 09:13 AM
I was 6'4" 170 lbs when I went in, and I had that high metabolism, and had trouble doing the pullups too, before boot I couldnt do more than 2. Seemed like it was a long way to the top of the bar. I never ran more than 1 mile, and that was only 1 time. By the time we did final PT, I think I added another 10 or 15 lbs, but I still knocked out 5 or 6 pullups, 70 or 80 situps, and did the 3 mile in 20:30.

And that's exactly what boot camp is for.......to knock our weak, silly a$$es into shape.

underdogBJJ
05-31-09, 09:14 AM
Have you gone to talk to a recruiter yet? That's going to be your first step. If you cant pass a IFT right now, your recruiter will work with you until you can. You will be put in a program called the delayed entry program (DEP), and its purpose is to help you get ready for the demands of Marine Corps boot camp.

Best of luck.

~UD

JWG
05-31-09, 09:17 AM
BROTHER,

There will be many in your life who will always UNDERestimate you. Use the "It's not for you" bull crap as MOTIVATION to prove them wrong. You are right, most are not suite to be a Marine. Because they lack motivation and a inner calling to serve, and with the BEST.

I can sense this is something you want to do. Show not only your "friend" talking negative about your dreams, but all of us here that this is what you TRULY want.. and we will be here for you 110% of the way. Just take a look around, we truly care for and look out for each other, even though we may be miles away.

The Marine Corps defines "Brotherhood." Welcome to the site, and do what the others are saying. Continually do pushups, crunches, pull ups (go buy an Iron Gym Pullup Bar or find monkey bars/tree branch), and RUN. Start slow with the run. Run a mile and see how you do. If not too well, run that distance every other day and continue to increase it as your ease increases and struggle begins to fade. Always keep yourself challenged, it's the only way to adapt and IMPROVE.

Glad to have you. Show us your MOTIVATION, brother! GET SOME!

Motivated,

Jon :flag::evilgrin::flag:

underdogBJJ
05-31-09, 09:23 AM
I nominate JWG as chief poolee motivator! lol

SGT7477
05-31-09, 09:23 AM
When I say I want to be a Marine, I'm not kidding, but on the other hand, there's only two types of people on this planet - those who are Marines and those who aren't. But I need some serious advice and pointers here. I have never gotten in a fight before. I've had a pretty sheltered life. Never fired a gun. I've never even seen an obstacle course in real life. My background doesn't exactly prepare me for this kind of a challenge. My brother couldn't believe me when I told him I was interested in the Marines ("You? Marines!? You? That? No, dude."). :(

Physical fitness is also a serious problem. I've looked around these forums and seen all the threads about "fat bodies" and that one guy who had the amazing before/after pics. What about the "weak bodies"? :P You know, the guys like me who are too skinny instead of too fat, high metabolic rate, extra distance to cover on those pull ups? Right now I'm at 5 (6 on a good day) pull-ups, 65 crunches in 2 mins, and I am just making it on the mile and a half time. I know that's pretty bad!! but I've been working at this stuff for the past 2 weeks and that's what I'm at. :sick:

The Marine Corps will mold you if you have the heart to do it.

commdog7
05-31-09, 01:36 PM
All you need is confidence. If you don't think you can make it, you won't. If you know you can make it, you will. As Sgt7477 stated, all you need is the heart.

Hartford
05-31-09, 01:38 PM
I was right in your position when I was graduating high school.

Junior year of high school all I did was play "World of Warcraft". I was 6'0", 135 pounds. A twig. I went off to college to get a degree in Computer Science. I ended up not liking it and now I'm at community college working on my Criminal Justice degree while I wait to ship out.

However between graduating high school and now I have made a 180* turnaround. I literally work out 6-7 days a week, whether it be lifting or cardio, but mostly lifting especially at the beginning. By eating all the time and eating right and supplementing with protein powder, I've gone from 6'0" @ 135 to 6'1" @ 205. I'm still around 15% body fat too, so it's not like I'm some fat turd. About two months ago I could do 2 pull ups if I was lucky, now I can do 12. When I started working out in July 2008 I could bench press 115 pounds for 1 rep. Now I can bench 215 pounds.

All it takes is dedication and a strong will inside of you to push yourself and work for something, even if you don't immediately see results. I never once thought I'd be remotely strong at all and no way did I ever think I would be joining the Marines! Times change and people change, so get in the gym and then eat your face off and bulk up.

chrisf9028
05-31-09, 03:03 PM
Good work Hartford

Greg1990
05-31-09, 04:14 PM
I was right in your position when I was graduating high school.

Junior year of high school all I did was play "World of Warcraft". I was 6'0", 135 pounds. A twig. I went off to college to get a degree in Computer Science. I ended up not liking it and now I'm at community college working on my Criminal Justice degree while I wait to ship out.

However between graduating high school and now I have made a 180* turnaround. I literally work out 6-7 days a week, whether it be lifting or cardio, but mostly lifting especially at the beginning. By eating all the time and eating right and supplementing with protein powder, I've gone from 6'0" @ 135 to 6'1" @ 205. I'm still around 15% body fat too, so it's not like I'm some fat turd. About two months ago I could do 2 pull ups if I was lucky, now I can do 12. When I started working out in July 2008 I could bench press 115 pounds for 1 rep. Now I can bench 215 pounds.

All it takes is dedication and a strong will inside of you to push yourself and work for something, even if you don't immediately see results. I never once thought I'd be remotely strong at all and no way did I ever think I would be joining the Marines! Times change and people change, so get in the gym and then eat your face off and bulk up.

wow..yeah this was the kind of story I was looking for here. Is there any way you could elaborate more on those workouts you are doing? What is your schedule, what do you do, for how long do you do them etc.

As for eating and 'turning it into muscle' like I've read on these boards here, that's a problem for me...my stomach is literally a bottomless pit. No matter how much I eat, I don't gain weight. I don't have a disorder or anything, that's just how it's always been and that's why my bro is teasing me about even thinking about this.

Greg1990
05-31-09, 04:16 PM
All you need is confidence. If you don't think you can make it, you won't. If you know you can make it, you will. As Sgt7477 stated, all you need is the heart.

So in other words, would you say there's no such thing at all as someone who "isn't cut out for it," and it's all just a matter of people sticking it out or not?

Kilo1CC
05-31-09, 04:54 PM
First quit the using those faces, to me it makes you look like those AOL teenage retards who use that crap for everything.

Now, on the serious side, you want to have a shot at being a US Marine? MAN UP, got a pair right? hope you do.

So go out and use them to build confidence and physique, go get a physical at the local doctor to see how you are health wise and last go talk to a Recruiter.

Good luck civilian.

Hartford
05-31-09, 07:20 PM
wow..yeah this was the kind of story I was looking for here. Is there any way you could elaborate more on those workouts you are doing? What is your schedule, what do you do, for how long do you do them etc.

As for eating and 'turning it into muscle' like I've read on these boards here, that's a problem for me...my stomach is literally a bottomless pit. No matter how much I eat, I don't gain weight. I don't have a disorder or anything, that's just how it's always been and that's why my bro is teasing me about even thinking about this.
When I was bulking my routine was something like this:

Chest Day
Flat Bench Press 3 sets of 5-10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press 3 setse of 5-10 reps
Decline Barbell/Dumbbell 1-2 sets of 8-10 reps

Back/Bi Day
Barbell Curls 3 sets of 8-10
Dumbell Curls/Hammer Curls 1-2 sets of 7-10
Barbell Bent-Over Rows 2-3 sets of 8-10 OR Dumbbell Rows
Deadlifts 2-5 sets of 3-10 reps
(now I do pullups first usually)

Shoulder/Tri Day
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps
Barbell Shoulder Press 1-2 sets of 6-12 reps
Narrow Grip Bench Press 1-3 sets of 8-12
Tricep Rope Pulldowns
Skullcrushers

Legs Day
ride the bike for a bit to warm up
stretch
Squats 3-4 sets of 5-10 reps
Leg Press 2-3 sets of 8-15 reps
Leg Extensions (Quads - front of leg) 2 sets of 8-15 reps
Leg Curls (Hamstrings - back of leg) 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps
Calf Raises 2-3 sets of 10 reps
Tibia "Curls" machine 3 sets of 10-20 reps light weight

Got a little lazy typing that out but I usually mix up what I do on my workout days. Like on back/bi day I have 3 different set ups. Some days I do pull ups first and really max out on t hose for like 5 sets. Some days I do curls first do hit my bi's hard before and then do machine pull downs instead of pull ups. I just like to mix it up and stuff to keep my body guessing and to be able to hit a certain muscle group while it's still fresh. If I do pull ups before bi's then my bi's are already toasted so I cant do heavy sets really. When you first start lifting if you're really a twig I'd stick to more of higher reps like 8-12 reps on most things. You need to put on some basic muscle first and get used to lifting and get your nervous system used to it. Once you are bulked up a little you can lift heavy to gain some strength. It's not all just lifting though, eating plays a very large part that most people don't give enough attention to. If you have a really great workout and then just eat candy and drink soda and are a complete turd, you wont see any improvements. You have to have excess calories and a good amount of protein. Shoot for 1-1.5 grams of protein for every pound of body weight you have. If that's too much to consume with just food then try supplementing with whey protein. I usually have 2 scoops (~40g) after every workout.

It also helps to listen to music while you lift to pump you up. I usually have some good rock or metal to psyche me up especially on heavy sets.

If you have any questions just PM me or reply back...I'm willing to share whatever knowledge I have as I KNOW how much it sucks to be a scrawny turd. I was very very thin and a complete turd and couldn't do 1 lousy pull up.

jrhd97
05-31-09, 10:32 PM
Fitness wise you are OK, just keep doing what your doing. Never running an O course, no big deal. An easy 80% of you platoon hasn't either, but you all manage to complete it. Never fireing a gun, you are better off. No bad habits for you to break. Listen to your PMI and you should fire expert. Do yourself a favor, when you get to boot camp, never .... ever call it a gun. Your day will go very badly.

dizark
05-31-09, 10:53 PM
My biggest concern was the rifle range. I'm a right handed person, but due to vision issues in my right eye, I'm forced to fire left handed. I was concerned, never have done it before, that it would hinder me.

Out of 350 points combined between table 1 and table 2 firing, I scored a 300 (5 points from Expert). So please, don't let firing a rifle bother you. I never shot a rifle before (besides a .22LR). The M16 is really easy to handle, so long as you listen to what your PMI tells you.

commdog7
05-31-09, 11:24 PM
So in other words, would you say there's no such thing at all as someone who "isn't cut out for it," and it's all just a matter of people sticking it out or not?

To make it in the Corps, you need determination. Those who 'aren't cut out for it' are those who give up. Determination means that you have to work on your descrepancies. If you are a bad runner, work on running. If you're too fat, lose some weight (etc.). If you have the determination, the DI's will work with you and help you think/act like a Marine.

All types of people become Marines. People from every level of society, every variation of personality, and every level of physical fitness have earned the title. Just don't give up- you got to work for it.

I was very shy in school, focused more on books than fitting in. My run time was horrible, but I worked on it every week with my recruiter (ended up being the fastest in my platoon). I had all types of people laugh at me and tell me I couldn't do it (family, friends, co-workers, etc.). I proved them wrong. My secret: I never gave up.

NoRemorse
06-01-09, 09:28 AM
You bean poles are something else. While you think you might lag on a run or pullups you're built for destroying any body of water.

You've been working at it 2 weeks. Bravo, you're just beginning, keep it up, adaptations are on the way. Don't worry too much about bulk, light and fast is good.

Search the threads exhaustively for moto and workouts; there's plenty of both. Determination and heart have been covered already. Your body is willing to learn, your mind and heart just have to pour out the effort... especially when you hit the wall, during a run the wall is your enemy. It's the point where you click off and say "fvck it, I'm done". Very easy to do. Very simple way to get past it; keep going.

Just look Boot you take it one step at a time. Don't break it down or mentally retard yourself by thinking about it; just take each step and get the most of each one. That means perfect reps on the bar, perfect crunches, perfect strides on the run, whatever you're doing focus on it and relax.

Good luck, nervous dork.

ST331
06-01-09, 09:50 AM

IM me with your email address and I can send you a bulking up program. Its going to take time, its not a miracle program, but if youre consistent youll see results.

fisch
06-01-09, 10:09 AM
[quote=Greg1990;496242] My brother couldn't believe me when I told him I was interested in the Marines ("You? Marines!? You? That? No, dude."). :(

my brothers didn't think i could do it either but just push past it and don't let the prick have the satisfaction
as for strength when i started my IST was 1 pull-up 101 crunches and 12:55 on my mile and a half but with hard work dedication and not letting people say i cant do it I'm at 18 pull-ups 136 crunches and 9:45 mile and a half

Greg1990
06-01-09, 10:16 AM
IM me with your email address and I can send you a bulking up program. Its going to take time, its not a miracle program, but if youre consistent youll see results.

sent, thank you!

my brothers didn't think i could do it either but just push past it and don't let the prick have the satisfaction
as for strength when i started my IST was 1 pull-up 101 crunches and 12:55 on my mile and a half but with hard work dedication and not letting people say i cant do it I'm at 18 pull-ups 136 crunches and 9:45 mile and a halfBrother's attitude isn't so much about my PT score but more along what he said to me after I showed him all your responses: "it's the toughest branch of the military and you've never been very tough at all" I wasnt sure how to respond to that since it's pretty true

fisch
06-01-09, 10:25 AM
sent, thank you!

Brother's attitude isn't so much about my PT score but more along what he said to me after I showed him all your responses: "it's the toughest branch of the military and you've never been very tough at all" I wasn't sure how to respond to that since it's pretty true

Once again don't let him have the satisfaction if this is what you want you will make it and if he says that your not tough enough work till he can see the change in you and if he still does not see it I'm sure he will when you graduate from boot camp.

JWG
06-01-09, 10:35 AM
You'd be suprised at the altitude of change a man or woman makes before and after boot camp. Nasty civilian to Marine. Don't worry. Use your heart and determination and you will be fine, bro. Don't let yourself.. or us down. We're in this TOGETHER.

ameriken
06-01-09, 10:46 AM
sent, thank you!

Brother's attitude isn't so much about my PT score but more along what he said to me after I showed him all your responses: "it's the toughest branch of the military and you've never been very tough at all" I wasnt sure how to respond to that since it's pretty true

WTF do you care what your brother thinks? It's not your brothers attitude that counts.....it's YOUR attitude. Do you live your life according to what your brother says? Is your brother your mommy? If yes, then give up already and ask your brother what you should do with your life!!!!

You've got yourself so convinced what a weak little dork you are that no matter what anyone says in this forum, you keep coming up with other reasons and objections and excuses as to why you cannot do it. And you will continue to do so. If you're that weak, then just quit now before you even get started. Move on, stop wasting everyones time, and go do something that you can handle. Tell your brother he's right, you are too weak to handle it.

Or you can decide to you can do it, and go for the title, and not give a flying f-ck what your brother says or thinks.

Because it doesnt matter what we say, or how much PT you do, or what kind of bulking up program someone sends you. What matters is your own mindest....and right now you have decided that you're a weak, skinny dork who cant make it as a Marine. Boot camp is 90% mental, 10% physical.....even the biggest, bulkiest, toughest mutha's have quit bootcamp and ran home to their mommies because they couldnt hack it, while the skinny little nerds ended up graduating at the top of their platoons.

So, make a decision: man up or give up.

charm1110
06-01-09, 04:43 PM
So, make a decision: man up or give up.

Easily the best advice I've seen yet.

Once YOUR decision is made stick to it regardless of anyone else's opinion. Your goal to become one of us is YOURS not your bros. Once the commitment is made in your heart nothing will stop you. If it does (anything short of death or permanent disability) then you're not worthy of being one of us. You really only need that determination and commitment not to quit.

commdog7
06-01-09, 05:11 PM
Brother's attitude isn't so much about my PT score but more along what he said to me after I showed him all your responses: "it's the toughest branch of the military and you've never been very tough at all" I wasnt sure how to respond to that since it's pretty true

If you are looking for sympathy, you are in the wrong place. None of this 'boo-woo, I'm a weak ass dork' crap is going to get you anywhere in life, especially in the Corps. If you want to be a Marine, prove it. As stated: man up or give up.

Greg1990
06-01-09, 06:11 PM
I apologize if I came off wrong!

I didn't mean to sound like I was giving up already, all I was trying to say is i'm new to this stuff

JWG
06-01-09, 07:16 PM
Quit apologizing. Just earn the Title or leave. Read what was posted and take it all in.

Now go GET SOME!

Hartford
06-01-09, 08:11 PM
Every time I tell people I'm joining the Marines, they laugh, say that's retarded and that I'll go get blown up in Iraq/'Ghan. There's nothing I can really do to make them change their minds. I try to at first but I try to not let it get to me. Do the same to your brother. Show him you can choose to not be a skinny dorky turd and don't let his b.s. get to you.

goodtimes
06-02-09, 12:46 AM
First of all... I tell no one I know about my hopes and dreams of the USMC. That invites all sorts of un-moto comments from people who would rather you do something else for their own comfort. Second, hit up as much Poolie functions as humanly possible. If your local RSS is as inspiring and imaginative as mine, you will PT with Recon types, meet real Drill Instructors (if you are lucky enough to hit up the Sergeant Major's Pool Function), and then PT some more. If you find it fun, then keep working at it and these little appetizers (Poolie functions) will lead up to the main course (MCRD PI or SD). If the functions aren't your cup of tea, then do something else.

0231Marine
06-02-09, 07:40 AM

Seriously, you just described me in a nutshell prior to enlisting. I never really fought, I had a sheltered home life with everything pretty much given to me, I never fired any type of weapon, never ran or saw an obstacle course and I could only do 2 pull-ups when I shipped.

I graduted 3 months later as a squad leader doing 15 pull-ups, oozing with confidence, shot expert on the range, was able to fly through the obstacle course and had a pretty good 5 year run in the Marine Corps.

The measure of a man (or Marine in this case) isn't in their muscles or how well they run an obstacle course, it's in his heart. As long as you have heart and a desire to succeed, then you'll make a fine Marine.

44ghad
06-04-09, 09:06 PM
Amen 0231
As for greg, son look, you are physically right about with me performance wise. I mean I started this quest not able to run a full 1.5 miles, what maybe 2 pull ups and a measly 20 something I think 26 or 27 crunches. Now 5 or 6 pulls if im lucky fluxing 60 to 70 crunch and I have run 1.5 in as quik as 11... uh I forget but under 12, and the next day I ran it in 12.15. the following day I had p.t. with my rss and fully expected a 12 flat run. now I slowed up once to encourage a new guest because that's what we do and it had been done for me. Anyhow that day I goofed and ran a 13.32. I was livid. And I won't even go into the long sob story of crap I've had to go throught for my chance to serve my dream. Just try living in th S.F. bay area surrounded by hippies who want their freedoms but don't want to fight or die for them and then have the nerve to hate you(like we care) because you will. Let nothing hold you back. Do what you have to to get to mcrd- wherever you're going, and bring your heart ...

44ghad
06-04-09, 09:09 PM
Ran out of character space darn playstation.
Anyways just get there and bring your heart the instructors will do the rest. So sayeth my ol man a Nam Marine. And try this for size, I get stronger and faster, and gain 10lbs. Which I now have to quikly cut because it puts me 10lbs over weight for my height lol, that's not funny.

Hartford
06-05-09, 03:04 AM
And I won't even go into the long sob story of crap I've had to go throught for my chance to serve my dream. Just try living in th S.F. bay area surrounded by hippies who want their freedoms but don't want to fight or die for them and then have the nerve to hate you(like we care) because you will.
LMAO! So true about the SF Bay Area. I'm in the south bay and it's even weaker/hippier here than it is in Oakland I bet. The most support I've received so far from anyone is "It's not my decision, do what you want I guess." Everyone else I know has been extremely negative about all of it. :devious:

Dang hippies.

sbombard15
06-05-09, 08:27 AM
People just dont understand. Thats why I hang out here.

Lisa 23
06-05-09, 08:32 AM
First of all... I tell no one I know about my hopes and dreams of the USMC. That invites all sorts of un-moto comments from people who would rather you do something else for their own comfort.
First of all....I would NEVER tell anyone NOT to mention their hopes and dreams of becoming a UNITED STATES MARINE. I would be as PROUD as I could be telling everyone that I wanted to be a UNITED STATES MARINE. If you can't handle the "un-moto comments from people"......well, then maybe joining the Marine Corps just isn't for you. It happens.......grow some thick skin and deal with it. Prove to everyone that you have what it takes.....the heart, determination and confidence! Use all of those negative comments from people to motivate you in wanting to become a UNITED STATES MARINE!

Amw088
06-05-09, 08:46 AM
First of all....I would NEVER tell anyone NOT to mention their hopes and dreams of becoming a UNITED STATES MARINE. I would be as PROUD as I could be telling everyone that I wanted to be a UNITED STATES MARINE. If you can't handle the "un-moto comments from people"......well, then maybe joining the Marine Corps just isn't for you. It happens.......grow some thick skin and deal with it. Prove to everyone that you have what it takes.....the heart, determination and confidence! Use all of those negative comments from people to motivate you in wanting to become a UNITED STATES MARINE!

That is exactly how I feel about it. I tell everyone I know that I plan to be a Marine. Pretty much all my family is behind me. They at first asked why and if I was sure I'd make it but after that they just told me to be careful if I do make it.

Also I'm the kind of person that doesn't give a sh!t what people think so that helps.

Just hang in there and remember it's your choice and if you let others tell you what you can and can not do you will never get anywhere in life..

Hartford
06-05-09, 01:05 PM
I agree with you PFC. It is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...pretty much the exact opposite. You should be proud to tell people you're joining. I am proud of what I am about to embark on and even though I have received ZERO positive support so far, I know that when graduation day comes and I'm up there on the parade deck, I will know who is the better man and that I accomplished what I set out to achieve.

Time to go PT my face off. All of the negative things said to me just make me stronger and want to tear **** apart as I lift and run. :mad:

44ghad
06-05-09, 05:01 PM
LASW.... They say I haven't earned the right to say what every bit of me wanted to scream when I read that. So just eerrrrrr!!! I will remove hippies from my presence and if forced to remove them from their consciousness. It's these people here who provide the freedom to make those "un-moto" statements. Further I may have long hair for now but for one I know how to use a brush. lol

Old Marine
06-05-09, 05:11 PM
At the ripe old age of 18 I reported to Boot Camp and weighed a ripping 128 lbs. I was the guy they kicked sand at on the beach. Don't worry about a thing because the Drill Instructors will break you down just as they do all recruits and everyone starts out the same. Some can hack it and some can't. Just make up your mind that you will be one of the one's that will make it and turn all you attention to becoming one of the Few, The Proud.

Lisa 23
06-05-09, 05:27 PM
LASW.... They say I haven't earned the right to say what every bit of me wanted to scream when I read that. So just eerrrrrr!!! I will remove hippies from my presence and if forced to remove them from their consciousness. It's these people here who provide the freedom to make those "un-moto" statements. Further I may have long hair for now but for one I know how to use a brush. lol

First of all......you either use my correct user name LASWMarine.....or PFC! I believe I EARNED that right. Remember, you are a 'guest' on this site of MARINES! :usmc:
Second......I don't remember saying anything about long hair in reference to you or anyone else.
Third........Please take the time to read the rules that have been provided to all Poolees and Wannabes by the staff here at Leatherneck.com.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

And Fourth.....NO, you haven't EARNED the right to talk to MARINES like you just did.

SGT7477
06-05-09, 05:45 PM
If you are looking for sympathy, you are in the wrong place. None of this 'boo-woo, I'm a weak ass dork' crap is going to get you anywhere in life, especially in the Corps. If you want to be a Marine, prove it. As stated: man up or give up.
And grow a pair.:evilgrin:

44ghad
06-05-09, 05:45 PM
Excuse the indescretion Pfc, I have read the rules but by all means, if I've failed to absorb something, sqaure me away. As for your not saying anything about long hair, that was reffering to the old hippie thing and was only meant to elicit a smile, you know how hippies don't know what hygiene is? Ya there goes my habitual joking getting my a$$ chewed again. I'll push the deck if you like, .... did it anyway. Just agreeing with your post, like Sargeant Major told us, "Wake this whole damn neighborhood up!! We're going to be MARINES!! And Marines aren't shy."

SGT7477
06-05-09, 05:47 PM
Excuse the indescretion Pfc, I have read the rules but by all means, if I've failed to absorb something, sqaure me away. As for your not saying anything about long hair, that was reffering to the old hippie thing and was only meant to elicit a smile, you know how hippies don't know what hygiene is? Ya there goes my habitual joking getting my a$$ chewed again. I'll push the deck if you like, .... did it anyway. Just agreeing with your post, like Sargeant Major told us, "Wake this whole damn neighborhood up!! We're going to be MARINES!! And Marines aren't shy."
Now bend and thrust until I get tired, READY, BEGIN.:evilgrin: