PDA

View Full Version : Mecep

Spofford
05-30-09, 05:24 AM
I'm not usually a big fan of Forums, but this seemed a good place to continue my search for information; Google is not very reliable. Can someone give me a legitimate list of the perquisites for a MECEP application?

Is there any point to applying if I'm not an NCO? I'm hoping to have picked up Corporal by the time I'm back from my deployment to Afghanistan, but I'm not sure I will. I have a first class PFT, the MCI's required for Corporal already finished, and before joining the Marines I was going into my Junior year of College.

I'll wait until a response before posting up anymore questions; the help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kegler300
05-30-09, 05:47 AM
Try the link below, and read the information and try the links within the message.

MARADMIN 185/09 (http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN0185-09.aspx)

Supersquishy
05-30-09, 06:31 AM
One of the requirements when I was offered the chance was I had to write an essay on the reasons why I want to be an Officer, and what I had to offer the Corps. I was told also to include a sob story(which I did) to the reasons why I didn't go to college, they said it would give me a better chance(who knows but I thing that was BS as I always work my butt off). I declined as I wanted to pusue a career as a Commercial Pilot in the civilian world, sometimes I wished I had gone the MECEP route.
P.S. don't fvck up in school, you will be sent back to the fleet as a SGT and still fullfill your 10 year(i think) obligation. We had a SGT(major **** bag) come into our squadron as he was dropped from MECEP because he screwed up in school( below a C average)