PDA

View Full Version : Can I get into combat as a Warehouse Clerk in the reserves?

rmccask1
05-29-09, 10:42 PM
I am going on Monday to MEPS and for my physical. I am wanting to join the reserves and have the MOS of being a Warehouse Clerk (3051). I know that I am going to more than likely be deployed at some time during the six years that I enlist for and I want to know if I will get a chance to see combat at all with this MOS or will I be stuck in a warehouse the majority of the time that I am deployed. I'm choosing this MOS if possible because it will benefit me the most in my civilian job but I want to have a chance to see combat if I can. What are my chances of this happening with this MOS?

ameriken
05-29-09, 10:58 PM
I was a 3051, and while you can be deployed with a unit to provide support in a combat zone, however it is not likely you'll see actual combat.

rmccask1
05-29-09, 11:49 PM
Thanks a lot. Are there any supply or logistics jobs that have a higher chance of seeing combat though? Or are they all pretty much stay in a warehouse or behind a desk somewhere?

PaidinBlood
05-30-09, 12:11 AM
but I want to have a chance to see combat if I can.

It's not what you think at all...but then I knew I had something to prove and did it anyway, so I can't even pretend to judge you...good luck to you :thumbup:

davblay
05-30-09, 08:47 AM
I am going on Monday to MEPS and for my physical. I am wanting to join the reserves and have the MOS of being a Warehouse Clerk (3051). I know that I am going to more than likely be deployed at some time during the six years that I enlist for and I want to know if I will get a chance to see combat at all with this MOS or will I be stuck in a warehouse the majority of the time that I am deployed. I'm choosing this MOS if possible because it will benefit me the most in my civilian job but I want to have a chance to see combat if I can. What are my chances of this happening with this MOS?

First of all, thank you for your interest in enlisting in My Corps! Second, there is no glory in war! There are no winners, except the people that make the weapons and ammo! Third, the Corps requires all MOSs to accomplish the mission.

So if you are looking for "CHEST CANDY", or being a "HERO", then I suggest you join the Army!

I can't tell if you are looking forward to Combat or are dreading it! Either way, you have to earn the title first, that is your mission right now!

Good Luck,

Dave

ameriken
05-30-09, 02:50 PM
Thanks a lot. Are there any supply or logistics jobs that have a higher chance of seeing combat though? Or are they all pretty much stay in a warehouse or behind a desk somewhere?
I dont know of any supply jobs that'll put you right in combat. You could be providing support from stateside to troops elsewhere in the world, or you could be behind the lines in a tent somewhere in a combat zone. But to say you want a supply job and be in combat sounds like trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you want supply, go for it. If you want combat, be a grunt. I think it is doubtful you'll have both.

PaidinBlood
05-30-09, 04:26 PM
Always depends on your idea of combat, as well. If you hope to volunteer for a convoy, you might get blown up or get to trade some rounds. Marines have certainly been lost doing less. If you want to kick in doors, suppress, move, suppress, locate close with destroy then you need to pick Combat Arms. Can't have it all, chief.

Troutzilla
05-30-09, 04:54 PM

Food for thought here....It's a hell of alot easier to stand behind a counter and look a Marine in the eye's and hand him something he needs, than it is to look the enemy in the eyes when you run him with a K-bar and twist it to the left.....

:flag: