PDA

View Full Version : marine recruit separation

stu4jc
05-28-09, 12:21 PM
I have two sons in recruit status. one is continuing through training. the other broke his wrist and had sugery; has a cast and was to be entered into rehab for three months. now i find out he is being processed for separation. not sure why. anyone have info please pass it on.

KawiGunny
05-28-09, 01:25 PM
Without knowing more about his exact status according to the medical staff, it would just be a guessing game. Also, you might get some help from someone on here that is actually stationed at MCRD. First you need to fill out your profile so we have somewhat of an idea whom we are addressing.

Gator347
05-28-09, 02:01 PM
My son was separated after a car wreck because the REHAB left him in the DEP for more than one year. He went on to get a waiver and is in now. It took 18mo.

commdog7
05-28-09, 02:40 PM
My cousin went through Parris Island recently, developed a hernia half way through training. He had to have surgery. He was given the option of being discharged or continuing with training (he...

stu4jc
05-28-09, 03:01 PM
No, no need to guess, i am looking for basic info. We know and believe he did not change his mind since Tuesday. He's a competitor and will strive to be the best at what he does. He's not wet behind the ears. He has his degree and is wanting to finish basic. By his own statement to his mother, he was staying in, taking the rehab, and would start again wherever the Corp would place him. Doc advised him with a great diagnosis that he should have no problem after rehab.

Gator347
05-28-09, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I was reading this as the POOL not MCRD.

There was a Marine who spent over a year at PI. He refused to go home & later graduated with my son's platoon.

dizark
05-28-09, 10:26 PM
I spent 6 weeks in MRP due to a stress fracture on my right foot. Anyways, the only way your son is being discharged for his medical condition is either because he doesn't want to be there anymore...

SSgt McCord
05-29-09, 10:39 PM
I know that if I had broke something in BootCamp, It would have taken more than a DI to get me off that Depot!! They would've had to make me leave!!!