PDA

View Full Version : You can’t fly the American flag

thedrifter
05-28-09, 07:17 AM
May 27, 2009
You can’t fly the American flag
Posted by Maj Pain
http://www.onemarinesview.com/

Here is a lady in Dallas that hung an American flag in the hospital as the Memorial weekend approached and was told to take it down. This lady is dead on “What other freedoms will she loose?”

Know that because she is in a hospital and is an employee, those gutless supervisors that I’m sure never spent a day defending the American flag were quick to coward to the “single” ungrateful un-American employee/patient that complained about the 3x5 flag positioned. Also, that hospital most likely has the “right” to make her take it down because some one complained. This doesn’t fall under the Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 but shows where America is today as it is still at war compared to where America was during WWI & WWII. Why would the hospital make her take the United States American flag down because it offended someone? Was it unsafe or cause a dangerous situation? My gut response is, if it offends you, leave the country, don’t let the door hit you in the ass. No, you see these Sons of *****es want us to conform to their wants and desires……“NO, don’t fly the American flag it offends me, fly my country flag here in America because that doesn’t offend me” and the hospital is letting them win. NO, don’t wear the American flag on police, military or other public service uniforms because “it offends me”. Next, they will be *****ing about our flag flying at all because it offends them. My response, Pound Sand! This is America my friend, if you have a problem with anyone, flying the American flag when or where they desire as long as it is respectful to the flag you need to go look in the mirror and explain your “issue” with the souls of all of those who have died protecting that flag. Go to a daughter, mother or brother who had their loved one killed defending the American Flag and tell them they shouldn’t fly it. What, it’s not the same? Bet your ass it is. The Kindred Hospital should be ashamed of them selves for becoming another bed wetting liberal I could give a **** about my country and what the freedom we have, I don’t want to make anyone mad organization. I suggest those at Kindred pack their **** and head to Iraq, Afghanistan, China or Korea. See how those people would kill to have the freedom they are so willingly giving up. Many Americans don’t realize how well they have it and begin to abuse it. I say good on Mrs McLucas for hanging the flag in honor of Memorial Day, I bet those bed wetter’s at the hospital did everything but honor those that give them their freedom on this Memorial Day. But hey, that’s just One Marines View. Semper Fi Read the story here: http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html

You cant Fly your American Flag (Cont)

You cant hang your American Flag (update) From Hot Air Update II:

Via College Politico’s Twitter feed, it appears that Kindred has had a change of heart (same link as above): Wednesday morning, however, our story received nationwide attention. We have received dozens of emails and comments from people who had something to say about it. And a receptionist at Kindred’s headquarters told us they received many phone calls. Then, late Wednesday morning, Kindred posted on its website a statement about the incident. It reads, in part: “The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up.” Well, if size was the problem, why are they now not concerned about it? I think that if Kindred had told her to use a smaller flag, she would have had no problem in complying. Looks like Kindred wants to apply some rapid healing to their collective rear end after having it kicked all over the media today. Anyway, they came to the right decision … eventually

Ellie

Airfares
05-28-09, 09:29 AM
What a crock of horse-$hit ... years ago, I hung a huge American flag on the front of my house and this pip-squeak from the Homeowner's Assn. told me to take it down as it made the neighborhood look bad.

People said they could hear my loud voice up to 3 blocks away, as I called him a lop-eared; buck-tooth; Bohemian; Alligator-breath; Twinkle-toed Communist Cock$ucker as I chased his ass down the street ... last I saw him, he was still burning rubber to get away from me and we never saw him again.

greenmarinepack
05-28-09, 07:54 PM
you hit the nail on the head!@#$@ those morons and all like them! spend some time defending the flag and see if your attitude remains the same! if you don't like my flag get the h--- out of my country!:evilgrin:

greenmarinepack
05-28-09, 07:57 PM
i guaranty you won't be missed by anyone who has any pride in the U.S.A.

avenger08
05-28-09, 08:32 PM
this story goes into something that happened to me when i was on my way to my first duty station, i was in LAX walking to my terminal in Alpha's so that i wouldnt have to change when i got to the base. as i was walking to my terminal some kid came up to me and asked if i was a Marine, i replied "Yes, I am." the kid then replied with your a ****ing baby killer, and a pig and spit on me and on my uniform, i got ****ed, and tried to keep my cool but it wasnt enough, i told the kid if only he knew what the hell he was talking about, he wouldnt desicrate the uniform that allows him to have the rights to say what he wanted. he then spit on me again and at that time i grabbed him by his throat and told him that i wasnt a baby killer, but i would certainly kill him on the spot. after that i released him and he ran off. i went into the bathroom and changed out of my alpha's back into civies and clean my alpha's off as best as i could. but that **** still gets me everytime i think of it. and if people in the country i defend are complaining about our great nations flag then they should seriously spend a day in the shoes of a Marine who is pounding sand in Afghanistan or Iraq, or even spend a day on a ship in the middle of combat ops on a MEU

ronin tel2
05-28-09, 09:46 PM
I'm a poolee so i don't think it's right to wear an ega to school because i haven't earned it yet. however one day a friend of mine who graduated from (boot last summer) and I wore our poolee shirts into school and our assistant principal walked up and told us that wearing a marine corps t-shirt is "gang related activity" and threatened him with iss because he was leaving for boot sooner and me with detention. this year a similar thing happenedwhen my same friend showed up in his blues more or less to show off for the people who knew him and my principal wouldn't let him in on the grounds that the marines are a "violent organization" and yet the same day i was wearing a 1000yrd competition marksmanship shirt

thease people are really getting out of hand

Gunner 0313
05-28-09, 09:51 PM
:flag:Hey Ronin profile up there slick !

Gunner 0313
05-28-09, 09:58 PM
this story goes into something that happened to me when i was on my way to my first duty station, i was in LAX

:flag:As soon as I saw the LAX I knew it wasn't good brother. What do you expect it's the fvckin left coast. I'm waiting for the big one to hit Kalifornia so I can watch it sink into the fvckin ocean. LOL !

Seriously though as soon as you realize that the majority of Americans could give a fvck about the military the better off you'll be. You're serving for your fellow Marines and your family and the rest of the world can go get fvcked.

Wyoming
05-28-09, 10:18 PM
:flag:As soon as I saw the LAX I knew it wasn't good brother. What do you expect it's the fvckin left coast. I'm waiting for the big one to hit Kalifornia so I can watch it sink into the fvckin ocean. LOL !

Seriously though as soon as you realize that the majority of Americans could give a fvck about the military the better off you'll be. You're serving for your fellow Marines and your family and the rest of the world can go get fvcked.

Me too, when I saw LAX.

I didn't realize it was still happening.

43 years ago this coming October.

****ing *******s!!!

Gunner 0313
05-28-09, 10:23 PM
:flag:I didn't have a loogey hocked on me but in '89 while on the way to Pendleton with another Marine, a car load of cvnts screamed at us and gave us the international sign of peace. In which I replied with the international sign of cunnilingus. LMFAO !

ameriken
05-28-09, 10:40 PM
Me too, when I saw LAX.

I didn't realize it was still happening.

43 years ago this coming October.

****ing *******s!!!
Welcome Home Al. :beer:

The problem is the same hippie-a$$ douchebags who pulled that crap back in the 60's and 70's are still around today. They're parents, grandparents, teachers, politicians (D), and they're still spreading their vile lies and hate around. :mad::mad:

ArtyOps
05-29-09, 10:30 AM
That's why I have a nice tall flag pole in the middle of my yard. When I meet people and tell them where I live they say "Oh, your the guy with the flag". I love it.

usmcthetop
05-31-09, 05:43 PM
Looks like it's time for one stupid biotch to get her a one way ticket back to africa

DocGreek
06-01-09, 06:54 AM
Let's see...how should I put this.....come on my property, and TRY to take MY Stars, and Stripes down...I DARE YA'!!! IGNORANT, STUPID, BAZTARDS!!!....DOC

Airfares
06-02-09, 11:24 PM
I knew this story wouldn't go away just yet ... Atlas Shrugs Carries The Story And Pictures (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/06/patriots-and-vets-under-attack-oorah-banned.html)

Hotel4341
06-03-09, 11:45 PM
told him that i wasnt a baby killer
The fact that "Kill babies" was something that I was taught to say at boot camp probably does not help this situation...

Joshua Harris
06-04-09, 02:29 PM
WOW...now thats bull****...no one will tell me to take my AMERICAN flag down..OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!

Brent2651
06-07-09, 01:05 PM
Before I deployed to Iraq I purchased a flagpole at the request of my wife. I intentionally bought a durable "all weather" flag and had photo-sensor lights installed on the house, so that the flag could fly day and night, 24-7. As soon a it begins to show the slightest signs of fading or wear, it gets replaced.

Hotel4341
06-07-09, 10:29 PM
I'm glad to hear it's not just some boot Marine thing to have so much pride in the flag. When I initially got to my MOS school, I (luckily) fell into the position of being in charge of the base flag...

Petz
06-07-09, 10:37 PM
are you even in the Marine Corps??? first you were not in charge at MOS school of "color guard" you say you were on an army base... don't you dare ever ever ever call our national ensign a flag while...

DocGreek
06-07-09, 10:50 PM
Raise, or lower the ENSIGN! Strike the Colors! "STARS AND STRIPES"! "Old Glory"! SSgt, can you think of any other names??....DOC

Petz
06-07-09, 10:53 PM
the red-white-and-blue....

however those are not navy terms (except the ensign and "colors")

ArtyOps
06-08-09, 05:18 AM
I went down to RI to see my family this weekend and stopped by my brother Army Reserve unit this weekend while they were drilling. The first thing I look at when I get somewhere is the condition of the flag. Theirs had a huge hole because the 2nd white stripe from the bottom was ripping out. I let them know but who knows if they'll do anything about it. Did the same thing at my local post office recently, they actually had it replaced within a week.

At the company I work at this winter I pulled up and found our flag laying on the deck. It had been -36 degrees the night before and the line had broken. The worst part of it was that I came in for 7:00 so everyone that came in for 6:00 drove right past it. I stopped, got out of my truck and trudged through 26 inches of snow for about 100 yards to get to it. When I brought the I asked them to let me know when they replaced the line so that I could put the flag back up. The azzhole replied "We have veterans that do that". I said "You mean the same veterans that drove past it this morning while it was laying there in the snow? I'm a veteran, just let me know when you replace the line?"

Wyoming
06-08-09, 08:35 AM
A couple of years ago, I was driving by the courthouse. One of those work release types in the orange coveralls was lowering the flag. In fact it was almost down. Another was helping him.

Anyhoo, they both just stood there while it was lowered and laying on the ground.

I stopped and went inside and saw the city manager.

Told him what I witnessed and expressed my displeasure, strongly.

When he told me he would handle it, in a tone that suggested he was brushing me off, I got a bit upset. Told him I was taking this to the mayor and then to city council.

He straightened up and, bottom line, the 2 *******s didn't have their days lounging around the courthouse, seeing which one could lean on their rake the longest, any longer.

NoRemorse
06-08-09, 08:45 AM
The Police Station in Port Chester sports a 40 foot flagpole next to the courthouse. The colors are faded and the edges are frayed. I don't remember seeing lights on it and I've walked by after nightfall and still seen her up there flying unlit. On second thought I do believe there are in fact lights mounted at the base but I've seen her fly in the dark.

The public school 2-3 blocks away and not on a major road with heavy traffic has an immaculate flagpole and an ensign that looks nearly new at all times. Go figure.

Some putz down on Main Street flies his Dominican Republic flag to the right of the colors.

There's a gold star family up on Willet that flies theirs on the correct side, at the correct angle and keeps the gold star in the window for all to see.

The in-laws live in upstate New York where it's still in the 30's and windy in May. Needless to say we bring up a new set of colors from Annin before theirs is unserviceable. Her dad flies a Navy flag now too in addition to the signal flags for his old ship. We take care of ours.

On the way upstate, I believe it's either in or before Cobleskill, there's a massive 100 plus foot pole flying what looks to be the Garrison flag with a set-up that's just short of search-lights lighting the whole display. White pole, National Ensign, a bit of care and a lot of patriotism, that's all that's required.

It doesn't take much to tell who gets it and who doesn't.

Airfares
06-08-09, 11:45 AM
Glad you pointed that out SSgt - too many "Marine WANNABES" out there; they couldn't hack the Corps and find Marine Forums. :evilgrin:

kfisbusy
06-09-09, 12:48 AM
:yes:I am a Vietnam Vet. I have had buddies lay down thier lives. I will be dam if anyone tells me when I can fly my flag. My flag flys 7 days a week. As long as the weather will let it fly it flys. I do not give a dam who it afends. I would like them to tell me to take it down. I would tell them to go get ****ed. Kendred hospital you all that said take our flag down you all can go **** your selfs. I rember when my wife was in that dam hosp. last year in nov. I came to you all and ask if you all would give any toys for tots because I was helping my brother Marines collect them you all said that you could becauseyour co. would not let you. Now I see what kind of Americans that you are. Not even letting our Amecian flag fly. I think I should get a few of my Y.A. buddies and come down there and fly our flag. Ken

kfisbusy
06-09-09, 12:53 AM
I am a Vietnam Vet. I have had buddies lay down thier lives. I will be dam if anyone tells me when I can fly my flag. My flag flys 7 days a week. As long as the weather will let it fly it flys. I do not give a dam who it afends. I would like them to tell me to take it down. I would tell them to go get ****ed. Kendred hospital you all that said take our flag down you all can go **** your selfs. I rember when my wife was in that dam hosp. last year in nov. I came to you all and ask if you all would give any toys for tots because I was helping my brother Marines collect them you all said that you could becauseyour co. would not let you. Now I see what kind of Americans that you are. Not even letting our Amecian flag fly. I think I should get a few of my Y.A. buddies and come down there and fly our flag. Ken

Alisium
06-09-09, 01:36 AM

That's EXACTLY my thought on the matter.

rickyracer
06-09-09, 03:57 AM
The Carls Jr. hamburger joint here in town had a super sized American flag flying in front of the resturant for years.
One day I noticed it was gone. the new manager had it removed ( the owner of the Carls resturant chain had died a sometime before that).
A bunch of us put up fight to have it put back, and we won a few months ago.
The new flag looks great and it has lights on it at night.......ooohra!

Alisium
06-09-09, 10:16 AM
??? <br />
<br />
I always called it a flag. Ensign and colors too but always heard it called a flag and never had been admonished by anyone for that term. In fact in recruit training we learned, &quot;storm flag,...