PDA

View Full Version : Bad running days.

Perkins91
05-26-09, 05:27 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone just has days where they cant run to save there lifes? Yesterday I was running my normal 3miles, and it wasnt a problem. But today I could only make 2miles befor I felt like I was going to just drop dead. This has never happened befor I was wondering if anyone else has every had a similar problem?

Marine84
05-26-09, 05:47 PM
HAHAHAHA! You wait til you get about 4 DI's in your grill telling you they're gonna throw you in the swamp and feed the alligators if you quit cause that's all you'll be worth if you fail - gator bait.

You're going to feel like that every now and then especially if you're trying to do it by yourself. You have to find some way to motivate yourself. You don't have to worry about it once you hit either MCRD - there will be plenty of motivation available to you! LOL!

Skosh59
05-26-09, 05:59 PM
HAHAHAHA! You wait til you get about 4 DI's in your grill telling you they're gonna throw you in the swamp and feed the alligators if you quit cause that's all you'll be worth if you fail - gator bait.

You have to find some way to motivate yourself.

My motivation aside from getting my butt kicked by your friendly DI, was that I was the smallest guy in the platoon & I wasn't about to let those big apes show me up..... :D

meallen07
05-26-09, 09:09 PM
Some days are just not going to be your days, it's that simple. Here's the thing though, you have to know that you can do it no matter how much it hurts, or how much your dragging because you have done it before. Use that as your motivation.

JWG
05-26-09, 09:29 PM
You are about to be given a shot at the fiercest warrior brotherhood on Earth. And you can't push yourself to run 3 miles? Find the motivation, GET SOME!

NoRemorse
05-26-09, 09:41 PM
Do a search, sing cadences, run with somebody, get chased by alligators; carry on.

SGT7477
05-26-09, 10:14 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone just has days where they cant run to save there lifes? Yesterday I was running my normal 3miles, and it wasnt a problem. But today I could only make 2miles befor I felt like I was going to just drop dead. This has never happened befor I was wondering if anyone else has every had a similar problem?
It's called breaking down, it just happens, Get Some.:flag:

nrml1
05-27-09, 06:38 AM
... and stop playing pocket pool before going on a run.

underdogBJJ
05-27-09, 08:27 AM
I had this happen to me just this morning. My recruiter and I were out running and I fell back but was still keeping pace, but my body was completely ready to give out. I couldn't breath, that's what mostly made me want to quit. I started to get mad at myself, and kept my eyes locked on the back of my recruiters track jacket were the word "Marines" was printed, and it kept me going.

Stay focused, stay motivated and remember your ultimate goal.

Phantom Blooper
05-27-09, 09:53 AM
"When your up to your azz in alligators,its difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp!"

Keep pushing yourself with the intestinal fortitude of wanting to hold the title of United States Marine.

Stay hydrated and research on this site the various breathing techniques.

Don't give up....unless there is a medical situation.

Besides the drill instructor motivating you....MOTIVATION is within!

You need to motivate YOURSELF!

NO ONE except YOU can accomplish this mission!:evilgrin: