PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Soldier

JAMarine
07-16-03, 10:49 AM
I can not speak for anyone but myself but this Marine is getting tired of the senseless loss.

Day after Day after Day I learn of another Brother or Sister has lost his/her life.

"For What"?
"For What"?

Either take care of the Threat or Come Home.

And I know already what some will say; "Hey Rich, look a little closer. Those guys are Army!"

I don't give a Damn if they're Army, Navy, Reservists or Whatever. They are still our Sons, Daughters, Mothers and Fathers.

S.O.G.O.T.P.

God Bless Them All

Bye the way what I failed to state is: In the picture below, these Soldiers are guarding their fallen comrade who is covered at the edge of the road.

SemperFiGirl79
07-16-03, 11:04 AM
Rich,
I definitely agree w/ you man! We're all on the same side...all fighting for the same cause...& everyone keeps saying that the war is long over. But how can that be...? When there is a continuous loss of life?

Kate ~ SemperFiGirl79

thedrifter
07-16-03, 11:09 AM
No matter what Branch of the Armed Forces they are, they are still our Brothers/Sisters. They are the ones now in Harm's Way..........Carrying on where we left off.............They are the Ones Fighting for Freedom........... GOD BLESS AND PROTECT THEM UNTIL THEY ARE SAFELY HOME.

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

yellowwing
07-16-03, 01:01 PM
The news (http://www.suntimes.com/output/iraq/16baghdadairport.html) is reporting that a surface to air missile was fired at a C-130. At what point will our lads be told, "A month back home will have to be enough. We need you again."

Sgt Sostand
07-16-03, 03:07 PM
agree the lost have me hurting everyday i wacth the news but the job is not finish They should have left the Marines in their they left to soon. i seen on the news that the Army Guys are crying about the change in rules form day to day and they want to come home that something i dont understand as a Marine Things use to change every 5 min and you just deal with the change.what did those guys think they sign up for the Boy Scouts

btrogu
07-16-03, 04:10 PM
Seems like Pres. Bush has done the same thing his dad did in 1991. They both ended the combat role a little to early. Should of waited until they rounded up more of the top Iraqi brass and found out where these resistance groups are.

Osotogary
07-16-03, 07:30 PM
This whole scenario gives me an uneasy feeling. I wish, one way or the other, some one would make up their mind and be decisive.
Dicking around with Armed Forces personnel isn't humorous folly, it's not good stategy. I sincerely dislike micro-management.
Gary

MillRatUSMC
07-16-03, 11:11 PM
The other day, I was telling my wife.
"If there isn't strong leadership in any unit losing personell.
A "Mi Ly" might happen in Iraq.
Some troops are going to take matters in hand.
To end all this B.S
Than the world will cry out, WHY?
Was goes around, comes AROUND.
Some raghead best get the word.
Before it's too late.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
07-16-03, 11:13 PM
A little typo error instead of Was goes around, comes AROUND.
What goes around, comes AROUND.

Sorry...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

JAMarine
07-17-03, 08:46 AM
We get your point "RAT".

My opinion is not to Bring Em Home.

My opinion is "Get The Damn Job Accomplished That We Went There To Do And Come Home.

It doesn't matter if the Army Soldiers are complaining. We would do the same thing just not for the public to hear.

We don't have to have been from a Jungle Fighting for those of oppression and Fighting for Freedom's Call to understand history is repeating itself.

WAKE UP WASHINGTON

just my opinion.

LONEEAGLE
07-17-03, 11:03 AM
:mad:It is so easy to sit behind a big round table with all these so called expert combat fighting General's and down. Frankly they need their asses kicked. This type of action will never end. It's an endless no win situation, like Nam, because of ignorant stupid jackass brass who didn't know the ass from their elbow. It makes me so outraged, but who can we convince? Last night on CBS news, I think, as I have memory problems, two women who's loved ones were still there, were asked: "Are you loosing confidence in the Military/Gov't?" Reply? "YES" What is wrong with this scenario? In Irag? Think about it. And also I want to add that it don't make a good fart who or what branch, they are our brother's sister's in arms. All I can say is............."
's ALL I CAN SAY IS "BRING THEM HOME NOW!!!!, or do it right damn it!!!!"

richgitz
07-25-03, 07:54 PM
Everyone is right on this Post. It kind of makes you think that
they are getting help from Robert McNamara, the Great Micro
Manger from the days of the NAM. Theres to many WHAT IFS.
You will never do any thing right, to make these RAG***Ds
happy. These people think that everything will change over
night, that Irag will be just like the U.S. just because the top
leaders are gone. Look how long it took us to get where we
are. God Bless the Troops that are in Harms Way, and bring
them home as soon as possible. SEMPER-FI and MAY-BE when
we wake-up tomorrow the world will be better.

Devildogg4ever
07-26-03, 05:22 AM
I have to agree with everything already said! The bad part about
all of it, is from the President down, will not admit they might have
ended the war too soon and send in enough troops to get the job
done sooner and safer!

It ****es ya off to think these people will let lives be lost. just to
save face!

prmama
07-26-03, 06:39 AM
I agree with Rich and all the Brothers on this matter. We need to get the job done and bring our Brothers and Sisters home. We have enoough to worry about here in Our Country and the world around us. I support our Country and our troops there in Iraq.
I do have something else to say. Just about every country hates America (African Countries, Korea). So where are we going to go next. After all this is well done and over. Our troops will be fighting somewhere else. Fighting for our freedom.
God Bless our troops and God Bless America
Heather

leroy8541
07-26-03, 06:49 AM
I agree with JAMarine on this one these soldiers and there are a few Marines left in that place are going to get fed up with the little game of cat and mouse and there is going to be a slaughter, then the public is going to cry why.

BigCat
07-26-03, 08:26 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I agree with you Rich....What we need to do is turn these guys loose. If they see someone with a weapon....zap em'. We need to be going house to house and round up everygun in that freakin' dirt pile. Anyone with a weapon, other than an american soldier or Marine gets treated like an enemy combatant. It also has to be our policy, if you kill one of our we kill 10 of yours. This is all those people understand. Yes, this is a brutal scenario, but in my humble opinion, it's what needs to be done. We need to treat these people like the freakin' animals they are. I'm sick and tired of hearing day after day after day about another soldier being killed. Everyday my heart aches when I hear the news. Our young men are dying and this needs to come to an end, and the only way to do that is to turn our guys loose....we have the strength, we have the technology and we have the man power....JUST DO IT!

virwar
07-26-03, 10:48 PM
Agree with all also. I thought this war would make up for the failure of Desert Storm. Too many Brothers and Sisters are suffering and dying from GWS. Now we're going to have a whole new batch of good service members fuct up with PTSD and worse. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree... I'm really, really wondering... God Bless our troops. Semper Fi Dave