PDA

View Full Version : Getting Stationed in Kadena

PFC Leach
05-23-09, 05:44 AM
hey there devil dogs,

Im currently stationed in Iwakuni Japan. However, im getting FAP'd out to Kadena for a year to be assistant barracks manager there. Any marines been there before and know what its like?

Supersquishy
05-23-09, 06:18 AM
The Air Force Chow is good, its a nice base. Matter of fact we had a broke jet (harrier) and had to stay there for a few weeks, we all fought over that assignment, plus your not too far from some good snorkeling/Diving. Beautiful place. I was there in Iwakuni(6 months) too we stayed in those two tall barraks near the Hornets Nest. Does it still stink like rotten cabbage there?

Skosh59
05-23-09, 06:55 AM
I was stationed in Iwakuni and spent a short week-end at the Kadena receiving barracks on my way to NCO school at Camp Hansen. Out-standing......facilities. When I went to the mess hall I thought I thought I screwed up & was in the officers mess (they ate off of dishes, had real food, waiters, etc.) the E-Club was the same. :)

Good luck in your new assignment.

Marine1955
05-23-09, 06:42 PM
Was In kadena but station in naha oki. Kadena was great chow and everything was A+ about the way they treat there personal there. Loved it when the S.R.71 would take off .