PDA

View Full Version : Team Marines Racing wins again

thedrifter
07-15-03, 11:47 AM
Team Marines Racing wins again
Submitted by: Marine Corps Recruiting Command
Story Identification Number: 2003714145246
Story by Sgt. Jimmie Perkins

MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND(July 14, 2003) -- Bobby Hamilton Jr., driver of the No. 25 Team Marines Ford, and Team Marines Racing chalked up another victory in the Tropicana Twister 300 NASCAR Busch Series Race for a packed grandstand of race fans July 12 at Chicagoland Speedway.

"To see that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor come screaming by at speed is an electric thrill that only endears us more to the people of this nation. Seeing it in Victory Lane further solidifies our place in the hearts and minds of our country and its young people," said Capt. Steven Lowery, Marine Corps Recruiting Command. "I think that the NASCAR program is a tremendous benefit to our marketing program and the recruiting effort in that it serves as an exciting weekly reminder to the country of just who we are and what we are about."

Hamilton dominated from start to finish, leading 186 of the 200 laps in the race.

"This Team Marines Ford was awesome today, I have never had a car like this before, we were on cruise control all day long," Hamilton said. "I have to give all the credit to Harold Holly and the entire Team Marines Racing Team for this win. I also want to dedicate this win to all the US Marines that work so hard to defend our country."

By the time a caution was called on lap 150, Hamilton held a 15 second lead over the next closest competitor. He maintained his dominating performance throughout the day, and when the checkered flag waved, only five cars were on the lead lap.

"It's really, really special," said team owner Ed Rensi. "We have got a lot of young Marines that are scattered around the world right now, defending our country. To be affiliated with the United States Marine Corps is a very special thing any time."

The Marine Corps has maintained a marketing partnership with NASCAR since 2000. Now in it's fourth year, this association is showing the fruits of its labor with a second victory in four races and plenty of national exposure for both Team Marines Racing and the Marine Corps.

"The team has truly evolved into a winning combination," said Capt. Robert Geiger, Marine Corps Recruiting Command. "The hard work and commitment by the entire team has paid off with two victories in less than a month."

The win was Hamilton's second of the year and third of his Busch Series career. The win moves Hamilton within 157 points of the Busch Series Championship leader, Scott Riggs.

"I think it's very clear to the young race fans what the message is when it's our car in victory lane - winning and the Marine Corps go hand-in-hand," said Lowery. "For my first time seeing the team in action, a victory was a great introduction but I was even more impressed by the teamwork, dedication, and determination of the entire team of Team Marines Racing."

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/200371415624/$file/TMRCHI001.jpg

Bobby Hamilton Jr. celebrates the No. 25 Team Marines victory in the Tropicana Twister 300 Busch Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday.
Photo by: TMR Racing

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/Lookup/200371416119/$file/TMRCHI002.jpg

Bobby Hamilton Jr. celebrates the No. 25 Team Marines victory in the Tropicana Twister 300 Busch Series Race at Chicagoland Speedway on Saturday.
Photo by: TMR Racing

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Devildogg4ever
07-15-03, 05:18 PM
Well I get to say it again, it don't get no better than this!!