PDA

View Full Version : Question...about my hair

PooleeGray09
05-20-09, 06:33 PM
Alright so I know that when I get to Boot I'm going to be getting my head shaved anyway, but my dilemma is this; At the moment my hair goes just past my shoulders and I don't want any extra attention being brought to myself from the Drill Instructors, so I'm going to cut my hair next week but, if i cut it too short would that also bring me that extra attention I'm not wanting? What do Y'all think a decent length is before they shave me?

Shippingsoon
05-20-09, 06:46 PM
Of all the things to worry about...

Why don't you get yourself a nice, flock-of-seagulls haircut. I heard a rumor that DI's go easy on kids with those.

MLMonk
05-20-09, 07:40 PM
They don't care about your hair. Just show up to MEPS that morning with a clean shave, that's all they care about. The receiving instructors are worried about more things then the appearance of some new recruit the 1st 3 hours your there.

PaidinBlood
05-20-09, 09:27 PM
I would recommend at least having a MAN's haircut prior to reporting... As long as you do that you will blend in...don't flatter yourself - you are just fresh meat into the grinder, nothing more. Just another sweaty confused retard running in three directions at once and going nowhere...receiving is a hoot!

Good luck to you! :thumbup:

sparkie
05-20-09, 09:29 PM
Cut that sucker,,,,,,,,,,

benw2200
05-20-09, 09:32 PM
Your haircut is one of the very first things you'll get- before you're even out of your civvies. The drill instructors that you're with at that point aren't even your platoon's real DI's, they're receiving DIs.. they're just for the first week you're there, until that first Saturday. To make receiving go by smoothly.. be a sheep. Be loud and motivated, yes, but don't be the one who's f**ked up when everyone else is doing the right thing. Get your initial issue and all that good stuff, and stay under the radar. Sound off, move with a sense of purpose, and do exactly as you're told. The receiving DIs could care less what your hair looked like as a civilian, as long as you go with the flow they probably won't even remember you.

Wes40138
05-21-09, 05:52 AM
Of all the things to worry about...

Why don't you get yourself a nice, flock-of-seagulls haircut. I heard a rumor that DI's go easy on kids with those.
Man can you just imagine what would really happen if someone did show up with a FOS hair-do .....I think it would go something like this
[Enter Reciveing Drill Instructor ] " You are now aboard MCRD Parris....WHAT THE FREAK IS THAT ON YOUR HEAD???!!! WHAT ARE YOU SOME KINDA ALIEN FROM THE 80'S? GET ON YOUR FEET AND DOUBLE TIME IN PLACE UNTIL I RUN SO FAR AWAY ! SING THE SONG TOO FREAK !" :D Sorry

Patriot34
05-25-09, 03:45 PM
I would recommend at least having a MAN's haircut prior to reporting... As long as you do that you will blend in...don't flatter yourself - you are just fresh meat into the grinder, nothing more. Just another sweaty confused retard running in three directions at once and going nowhere...receiving is a hoot!

Don't flatter me please.:D

Sgt Jim
05-25-09, 05:07 PM
Get a regular hair cut,no ear rings,no nose rings,no pins stuck through eye brows,tongues,ect

Rocky C
05-25-09, 05:20 PM
Go to Supercuts, get a regular haircut, give em $10 bucks and your good to go!!!
Carry on!!!

SGT7477
05-25-09, 06:16 PM
Alright so I know that when I get to Boot I'm going to be getting my head shaved anyway, but my dilemma is this; At the moment my hair goes just past my shoulders and I don't want any extra attention being brought to myself from the Drill Instructors, so I'm going to cut my hair next week but, if i cut it too short would that also bring me that extra attention I'm not wanting? What do Y'all think a decent length is before they shave me?
High and Tight all the way, show them you have brass balls.:evilgrin:

Supersquishy
05-25-09, 06:25 PM
HAHA, go in with a shaved head, Marine T-shirt and and a USMC tattoo on your shoulder....Show em your gonna be sh1t Hot.......

commdog7
05-25-09, 06:54 PM
I think you should leave it how it is, show up looking like a Hippie.... I'm curious what the DI's would do. :banana:

Hartford
05-25-09, 06:55 PM
I already have a buzz #2 (1/4 inch) so I'll have that when I show up....no emo hair cut and you'll probably be fine.

Gunner 0313
05-25-09, 07:17 PM
http://dougmccune.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/mohawk.jpg

Teak
05-25-09, 08:49 PM
I read somewhere that if you show up with your head shaved or high and tight the DI's will Chit.

GavinL91
05-28-09, 07:34 PM
iam going to keep a low reg mohawk when i join,and have sexy 5 oclock shadow all the time.

Joshua Harris
06-15-09, 08:30 PM
High and Tight all the way, show them you have brass balls.:evilgrin:

SGT,is that a trick statemant?

SGT7477
06-15-09, 09:31 PM
SGT,is that a trick statemant?
No it isn't.:evilgrin:

Hartford
06-15-09, 09:33 PM
What would happen if you show up and your head is already shaved? I assume it would get the DI's attention which is a bad thing...I'll probably just do a #1 or #2 a day before I ship out and just look clean cut.

SGT7477
06-15-09, 09:35 PM
What would happen if you show up and your head is already shaved? I assume it would get the DI's attention which is a bad thing...I'll probably just do a #1 or #2 a day before I ship out and just look clean cut.
You never know until you do it, don't forget the Marine Corps t-shirt.:flag:

Hartford
06-15-09, 09:37 PM
Hah, Sergeant! I should show up with a high n tight, Marines t-shirt and "Semper Fidelis" tattooed across my entire back.

:evilgrin:

SGT7477
06-15-09, 09:40 PM
Hah, Sergeant! I should show up with a high n tight, Marines t-shirt and "Semper Fidelis" tattooed across my entire back.

You got it show them you have a pair.:evilgrin:

Alisium
06-15-09, 09:41 PM

Good luck to you! :thumbup:

:D :D

Look,

Even if you competely shave your head right now and go to recruit training by the end of next week, there'll be enough for spanish inquisistion to mow off.

I reccomend that you do cut it because long hair is going to be a bytch for them to cut and there's going to be lots of ripping and pulling. They go fast and they don't give a fvck. That's why I call them the spanish inquisistion.

MLMonk
06-15-09, 11:17 PM

I remember when I was a sophomore in highschool, someone in my NJROTC got an EGA tattoo right before bootcamp on his back. Not sure exactly what happened to him, I know it was an injury though, but he came back about 1/3 way in and I don't think he is qualified to rejoin any branch.

Joshua Harris
06-16-09, 12:08 PM
No it isn't.:evilgrin:

ok,because I will show up wth a high and tight...:banana:...lol

ameriken
06-16-09, 12:17 PM
ok,because I will show up wth a high and tight...:banana:...lolHeh heh, I'd like to be there to watch the melee that follows when the DI's bust those brass balls and make an example of you! :D

thewookie
06-16-09, 12:36 PM
be a sheep. Be loud and motivated

Well said, Marine.

Joshua Harris
06-16-09, 01:50 PM
Heh heh, I'd like to be there to watch the melee that follows when the DI's bust those brass balls and make an example of you! :D

SGT,this poolee is not that stupid to go to MCRD with a high and tight...I was just saying that...I hope someone does come to MCRD with a high and tight...that would be amazing to see what will happen..lol:scared:

StrikeQ
06-16-09, 03:34 PM
SGT,this poolee is not that stupid to go to MCRD with a high and tight...I was just saying that...I hope someone does come to MCRD with a high and tight...that would be amazing to see what will happen..lol:scared:

For the past 8 or so years I've cut my hair 0 on sides 2-4 on top (before that it was 1-2 on sides and 2" on top). I hate long hair, 2-3 inches is pushing my limit.

Before I could join the Marines, and even after I was PDQ'd the first time I tried to DEP. Just how I like it. So I may find out what happens.

Supersquishy
06-16-09, 03:40 PM
You never know until you do it, don't forget the Marine Corps t-shirt.:flag:

If you poolees have some Real cajones, you will show up with a T-shirt that says ARMY.

commdog7
06-16-09, 05:47 PM
If you poolees have some Real cajones, you will show up with a T-shirt that says ARMY.

Sounds like a challenge, any takers? :banana:

SGT7477
06-16-09, 07:59 PM
You would rather see someone else get their azz beat besides you?:D

SGT7477
06-16-09, 08:00 PM
I would love to see that,lol.:D

SeanRyan32
06-17-09, 12:01 AM

haha Hmm...I may just take that challenge...

http://www.bustedtees.com/armynohomo

Petz
06-17-09, 01:40 AM
this is such an old thread.... but the DIs you see at forming are NOT your DIs... they don't care about you, you will have your head shaved before the night is over anyhow....

just imagine the hair from the 70's... and that hair style is back now... you're not the first kid.

44ghad
06-17-09, 04:07 AM
Ok what I read of this was hilarious. But now I've heard (primarily from a GySgt of 13 yrs out a couple years, among others) that my recruiter will have called down to MCRD San Diego saying "hey look I've sent you this kid with long hair", now my family wants to put it in a braid & save it. Scrap books memiors for my son & so forth (problems is 1 braid & 5 bidders lol, it's going to my boy) But so I told GySgt that plan & he laught at me saying "You do that when your recruiter has told them he's sending this long haired guy down, & see what happens when you show up without it".
On the other one as suggested by Supersquishy, uh I showed up at meps to take the asvab for the army in my USMC rss cc tee, so I'll bet you a bottle of Glenmorange I'll do that.
Heart & cojones son, I'll get plenty attention anyway & it'll all serve to make me a stronger Marine.

Joshua Harris
06-17-09, 04:23 PM
You would rather see someone else get their azz beat besides you?:D

SGT,yes I would rather see someone get beat besides me...if another recruit does something wrong I would know the punishment...just know SGT...I WONT SCREW UP!!!:cool:

Joshua Harris
06-17-09, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a challenge, any takers? :banana:

If anyone takes this challenge they may as well not even show up to MCRD...they will die a slow painful death!!!!!;)

Joshua Harris
06-17-09, 04:28 PM
haha Hmm...I may just take that challenge...

http://www.bustedtees.com/armynohomo

GOOD LUCK...I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.:angel:

MrGoldCal
06-17-09, 06:35 PM

Whoever does this is a hero among men

44ghad
06-18-09, 05:57 AM
as suggested by Supersquishy, uh I showed up at meps to take the asvab for the army in my USMC rss cc tee, so I'll bet you a bottle of Glenmorange I'll do that.
Heart & cojones son, I'll get plenty attention anyway & it'll all serve to make me a stronger Marine.

Can't believe I just quoted myself ... yal head to your nearest liquor store, I mean alcohol & alcohol related products, not your local corner store. I don't know how large a chain 'beverages & more' is but if you've got one or the likes near you go see what Glenmorange costs, I'll accept any like scotch or any 21yr or so, list it as your wager......
any takers?