PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

PooleeGray09
05-20-09, 03:47 PM
Hi, I ship out to MCRD San Diego in about two and a half weeks :yes: 09 June 2009 and any advice on what i should do/expect during my time in Boot Camp would be much appreciated

kash
05-20-09, 04:07 PM
I would use the search feature. A lot of people ask this question

Rocky C
05-20-09, 04:53 PM
I would use the search feature. A lot of people ask this question

Thats a good answer kash!!!
I remember when you asked it and you got nailed by about 30 of us :D

Carry on!!!

Rocky

Barta
05-20-09, 05:10 PM
I'm sure this is answered in dozens of threads throughout the forum but I just happened to click on this one as I was browsing. What you should be doing now is enjoying your last couple weeks as a civilian. Relax and appreciate the small things (like your favorite meal, a good movie, family time) ... because that's all you are going to be thinking about for three months.

Just enjoy your free time now and worry about what comes at you in bootcamp when you are there in that moment. It will be here soon enough and then it will be over just as quickly as it arrived. Do what you are told and just try to soak in the experience ... it's hard not to.

-matthew

Phantom Blooper
05-20-09, 05:12 PM
Since you are going to MCRD San Diego some of this may not apply......

Advice.....

Shout Loud when you are addressed. You do not have to close the lock on your footlocker or your rifle. Do not step on the line in the squad bays. The drill instructors do not want you to mess up the paint job. If you are going to Parris Island in S.C, it is encouraged that you swat and kill the sand fleas. The drill instructors feel that you are doing them a great service of pest control. The only good sand flea is a dead sand flea. My suggestion is swing away. I mean take that cover off your gourd and swing away while in formation. At San Diego gawk at the airplanes taking off and ask if you can get a camera to take pictures.

Take your time in the chow hall.

Parris Island is great place. I suggest looking around while you are marching. This is a great time and way to enjoy the Island.And listen to the sounds and look at all the sites.

San Diego is a great place too! When climbing Mount MF'er take your time and stroll the mountains and listen to the sounds of music.

Oh yeah a good time to catch up with your friends is in the head. The DI will not bother you in the head. They know that this is your time not theirs. If you have to go to the bathroom just go.You don’t have to ask permission just go!! And just take your time. They will wait on you. During PT, if you’re tired stop and take a rest. If you feel like the DI is being too negative. I suggest that you tell him that this is your first time in boot camp and there is no need to yell. Perhaps you might say something like.” Sir, I am concerned about your health. Did you forget to take your med's today.” Showing this concern may lessen the tension between you and the DI. If all else fails, tell the DI that your father was in the Marine Corps and he said that your DI is a shower shoe and that in the Old Corps they did it like this. This will show the drill instructor that you are up on your Marine Corps history.

Have fun!! It’s only Boot Camp. PAY ATTENTION!! WHAT YOU LEARN THERE MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE. :evilgrin::marine:

Rocky C
05-20-09, 05:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I have not laughed all day.
Thank you my Brother.
Semper Fi
Rocky