PDA

View Full Version : HELP a future Marine

ZombieHunt
05-20-09, 12:42 PM
Dear Sir or Ma'am.

Greetings! my name is Justin, I'm sending this message because I need some help and want to offer something in return.

I was born in Great Falls, the son of an Air Foce Tsgt and a Farmers daughter from a plot between GF and conrad (Sherrard family on my moms side) since I've left my home in 1992 I have never managed to settle in to a place.

I am joining the Marine Corp. Unfortunately, I'm also a High school dropout who Holds a G.E.D. (I had sense enough to get that, at least) this means the Marine Corp has one of 2 plans. One: i Wait for a waiver. and as long as they like me enough It may happen at random, maybe not at all. Two: this is the plan I like. I start college courses and earn 15 credits (a FULL semesters worth) then it waive's the waiver so to speak and they take me then.

It's been my dream to join since I was 12. but like any high school dropout I decided liberty was more fun than Duty and i never went. NOW the Marine Corp has the GED rule. I figured my future was secure with my G.E.D. but the change made my life difficult.

I put my partying past behind me early and buckled down for work. I've since been an Assistant Manager at Oreck Vaccuums, Store Manager for Cingular Wireless, Glassblower, Hewlett Packard B2b salesman, and am currently a Range Safety officer, NRA Certified Firearms instructor/Member.

None of those jobs thrilled me, but My current job has me interacting CONSTANTLY with Military and Police. many of them Marines. this has revived my desire to serve my country and pay back my long history of family service, as well as those Veterans I meet every day. I choke down a lump of guilt that I didn't go earlier every time.

Here's where You can Help: I need to get back to Montana, my grandparents don't have many days left and I haven't seen my extended montana family together since I was 9. I am fully planning on joining the Marines as a Rifleman (0311) which will definitely have me seeing combat. If I have to go to war and face death, I need to see my Homestate and family before I leave.

I'm not asking for a Free ride. I want to earn my keep. I'm asking you to let me work and live on your ranch/farm. I'll do ANYTHING to get back there, but I really want to do some work in the great outdoors, pound some fence, take care of horses something where a desk isn't involved. pay doesn't have to be exorbitant, just enough to feed and clothe me and have some money left over for paying for college.

I would need room and board as it is a long commute from Phoenix, Arizona.

When not working, I will be attending classes, either in town or on line, depending on which is more convenient. this could take 4 to 8 months. any way it goes, it will be less than a year.

I could be ready to leave in about a month. I'll be bringing basically nothing but clothes and camping equipment.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pass this on to ANYONE you may know who could use some help working land. I need someone to help me reach my biggest goal in life, I'm willing to work hard for it, no matter what it takes.

I'm including my e-mail adress here . this is probably a mistake, but I need to get myself out there. Again, if YOU can't help me, you CAN help me by passing this on to someone who might. thank you for taking the time to read my long letter.

justin.tichenor@gmail.com

KawiGunny
05-20-09, 01:28 PM
Well if I lived out that way, I would be willing to help you out the best I could. Seems you have set your sights on the target. Keep a steady aim and don't jerk the trigger. Good luck to you.

Rocky C
05-20-09, 05:12 PM
Are you the Justin Tichenor from Phoenix, Arizona that has almost 1 thousand friends on Facebook including relatives and also a profile on Linkedin???
Why is it that you are useing a free gmail address here other than your other 2 email addresses???
Just Curious...

ZombieHunt
05-21-09, 12:10 AM
Are you the Justin Tichenor from Phoenix, Arizona that has almost 1 thousand friends on Facebook including relatives and also a profile on Linkedin???
Why is it that you are useing a free gmail address here other than your other 2 email addresses???
Just Curious...

that's just it. I am not that justin on face book. don't have that many friends. notice how there are more than just one if you search the name? and I've never used linkedin.

how are the e-mails coming along gentlemen?

0231Marine
05-21-09, 07:43 AM
You left home in 1992 and you're just now trying to join the Marine Corps? So that would make you...35? You're 35, a grown adult and you want someone to pay for you to go see your family, then pay for your travel to their own home, pay for you to do yard work and then pay for you to go to college all so you can realize your dream at 35 to join the Marine Corps?

I'll file this one next to those emails I get telling me an African Billionaire died and his only child who was left out of the will needs my help in claiming his birth right and that he'll split the multi billion dollar payout with me if I help.

I wish you luck but at your age, you need to grow up and be a man. You're telling me in all of those jobs you've held, you haven't saved any money to buy a $150 plane ticket to Montana from Arizona?

Marine84
05-21-09, 07:53 AM
BIG RED FLAG just went up!

0231Marine
05-21-09, 08:00 AM
You ain't kidding 84!

JWDevilDog
05-21-09, 08:13 AM
Well, I for one think it is a noble aim. Not many people offer things like this that often. Willing to do physical labor that could be very demanding, for minimal pay, so that they can see their family before possibly changing their lives forever.

Noble, yes, but I still see some possible holes. If I understand you, then you want to go home and live on someone's ranch so that you can visit your family? Why can't you stay with your family during that time? Or is the ranch work simply so you have money to later go home? I don't want to seem rude, but I can't help but agreeing with 0231Marine and Marine84 in the skepticism. For all we know, this could be a great ploy of some kind. As Marines, it is in our nature to be skeptical.

Also, as a few of my brothers hinted at, your age is going to be a potential problem. It is rare that an individual gets into the Corps past 29 or 30 years old.

Supersquishy
05-21-09, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a schmuck, he makes no sense at all, his Grandparents have only days left but he wants to go f-off working crap jobs for room and board. What an idiot, obviously he has done no research on joining the Coprs, hint: Boot leave? How about thumbing it closer to home and getting a job working at a gas station or used car lot since he seems to be a salesman type(no offence, they don't impress me). Sounds like a sob story so some moron might send him money for his "dreams". Crock of Sh1t. Ten Bucks says he's on a Police forum saying he wants to be a cop too...

ZombieHunt
05-21-09, 12:28 PM
You left home in 1992 and you're just now trying to join the Marine Corps? So that would make you...35? You're 35, a grown adult and you want someone to pay for you to go see your family, then pay for your travel to their own home, pay for you to do yard work and then pay for you to go to college all so you can realize your dream at 35 to join the Marine Corps?

I'll file this one next to those emails I get telling me an African Billionaire died and his only child who was left out of the will needs my help in claiming his birth right and that he'll split the multi billion dollar payout with me if I help.

I wish you luck but at your age, you need to grow up and be a man. You're telling me in all of those jobs you've held, you haven't saved any money to buy a $150 plane ticket to Montana from Arizona?

*sigh* pretty long rant for such a SMART guy. I may not have typed it very well, but it was meant to say I moved away from montana in 92. I am in fact only TWENTY TWO. I think it was a Marine who first told me about why you shouldn't ASSUME.

thank you mr. keyboard warrior for making me seem like something I'm not. someone trying to pull a fast one. check google for my email adress. the only other place this letter is is on Sgt. Grits forums. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. just want to spend time working, going to college, living in the finest state in the union and ocasionally going out to see new relatives

Marine84
05-21-09, 03:55 PM
just want to spend time working, going to college, living in the finest state in the union and ocasionally going out to see new relatives

And where does the Corps fall into this?

And let me be the first one to tell you that you DO NOT come into a Marine's house and talk to him/her in that condescending tone that just went through your fingertips and made you fk up and type that! If you want to talk about the Corps - fine, we can talk about it all day long. We'll ALWAYS help our own but, we aren't likely to help some wannabe that "says" he wants to go in the Corps and will work for room and board as he travels the States to go to college in the finest state in the Union. WTF? Do like everybody else.............work, save your money, then travel ANYWHERE you want to.

That flashing neon "STUPID" sign on MY forehead went out a loooooooooooong time ago. BTW, when you say you'll work for room and board - that's all you get is room and board - WTF you think somebody is going to PAY you too. What color is the sky in your world?

Wes40138
05-21-09, 03:59 PM
*sigh* pretty long rant for such a SMART guy. I may not have typed it very well, but it was meant to say I moved away from montana in 92. I am in fact only TWENTY TWO. I think it was a Marine who first told me about why you shouldn't ASSUME.

thank you mr. keyboard warrior for making me seem like something I'm not. someone trying to pull a fast one. check google for my email adress. the only other place this letter is is on Sgt. Grits forums. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. just want to spend time working, going to college, living in the finest state in the union and ocasionally going out to see new relatives

Dude ! seriously ! Do you actually think being a SMARTA$$ is going to get you any help ? Especially when you pop off @ a Marine on a Marines forum.....It would be different if it were you popping off your trap twards me or any other wannabe .But there are somethings you just don't do ...RESPECT learn some of it .

Fubar5812
05-21-09, 04:49 PM
*grabs the popcorn and a soda

oh...this is gonna be good.....

*passes some to PIB.

commdog7
05-21-09, 05:27 PM
I agree, something smells fishy...

So you held all these jobs, yet you never saved up enough to go home? Your relatives in Montana won't help you buy a plane ticket either? Have you ever tried applying for a loan from the bank? Even applying for a credit card would do; otherwise I suggest you find a new job.

Teak
05-21-09, 05:51 PM
Come on man! This is sad. You say you are 22 and that you have been away from home since 92, then you should know full well that poeple can not afford to pay thier bills let a lone pay for you. And if you want to go to college fill out a FASA, get a loan. And one more thing these fine poeple are MARINES not the Salvation Army.

maybe I should have read this when I was in a better mood!

Rocky C
05-21-09, 05:51 PM
KID!!! I told you in my first post, Your all over the internet with this thing.
Trying to Scam a MARINE??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!
BA-BYE-NOW.....

Rocky

PaidinBlood
05-21-09, 05:59 PM
*grabs the popcorn and a soda

oh...this is gonna be good.....

*passes some to PIB.

Sorry I was late....walling-dig a lil deeper in that cooler and see if there's any Shiner left...

Justin: thumb your way to big sky country and bury your family. Never been but I hear they have a system of currency and employment, reminiscent of the olden days of barter. Make good on your intentions and then find your way to the newest modernization: the United States Marine Corps Recruiter. He will be happy to help you from there. Good luck and happy trails..

Teak
05-21-09, 06:17 PM
Hey Justin. I just read your post in Grits. I have to say WTF are you thinking. Dude why dont you ask that girl you are dating(your post titled TOMORROW) she might give ya money. I just think this is a sick ploy to get money.

Rocky C
05-21-09, 06:21 PM
Hey Justin. I just read your post in Grits. I have to say WTF are you thinking. Dude why dont you ask that girl you are dating(your post titled TOMORROW) she might give ya money. I just think this is a sick ploy to get money.

I told you Teak,
This Kid is all over the internet with this scam.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Marine84
05-21-09, 07:32 PM
Dude why dont you ask that girl you are dating(your post titled TOMORROW) she might give ya money.

You mean somebody dates it?

The plot thickens...................

kpuente
05-21-09, 08:45 PM
So how did you leave home at 5 years old?

Teak
05-21-09, 10:16 PM
So how did you leave home at 5 years old?

Ok I have done my math! And I hate math so thanks:mad:
I am trying to do this not knowing your birth year. If you left home in 92 and you were 17 or 18 and how it is 2009 you are 33 not 22. And if you left at the age 7 then you are runway and Marines dont run from thier problems they face face to face and then they shoot them:D

NoRemorse
05-21-09, 10:21 PM
So this kid's not trying to give me Nigerian money?

PaidinBlood
05-21-09, 10:23 PM
Nigerians have money?

NoRemorse
05-21-09, 10:25 PM
Nigerians have money?

Yes, Nigerian money. I don't think I have to tell you what it's made of.

PaidinBlood
05-21-09, 10:29 PM
http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/898.gif

ameriken
05-21-09, 10:48 PM
I told you Teak,
This Kid is all over the internet with this scam.
Semper Fi,
Rocky
Good catch Rocky. It took me a while before I noticed the 'Dear Sir or Madam' at the top of his OP. :mad:

ZombieHunt
05-22-09, 03:04 AM
the tone I used was appropriate when someone attacks my good intentions. call me a scammer. you can see I didn't just join the forums yesterday and I have a plan I am executing. Fafsa application is already in I'm going tuesday to talk to student services so I can get through 15 credits as fast as possible and join. I had to laugh at the guy ridiculing my dear sir or ma'am opening. it's just a simple way to open a formal letter to anyone who opens it. It's a little more personal than "To whom it may concern" You're all so ready to jump all over these "signs" I'm just putting myself out there seeing if the last vestiges of my soon-to-be-old life could be better enjoyed somewhere else. since I'm sick of this cesspool of a city called Phoenix. I'm dropping this peacefully and respectfully. think what you want. I just thought I could get some help.

JWDevilDog
05-22-09, 03:32 AM
I'm leaving you with one final note, ZombieHunt. Of course we are quick to jump on the way someone types, or quick to ridicule. We are Marines, and as such are inherently paranoid. We go through h*ll (some of us more than others, of course), and come back. Think we're not going to be paranoid after that? It makes us expect the worst so that we can be prepared for it. It is one reason we are so good at what we do.

Bear in mind, we are in the business of war, whether we be grunts or pogs. Every mission in the Marine Corps is geared toward making war on someone else. We are always alert and must (by necessity) expect the worst. It keeps us ready and prepared.

Hartford
05-22-09, 03:49 AM
You send me $1,000,000 via Western Union and I'll send you back $900,000. Ok?

PaidinBlood
05-22-09, 07:32 AM
the tone I used was appropriate when someone attacks my good intentions. call me a scammer. you can see I didn't just join the forums yesterday and I have a plan I am executing. Fafsa application is already in I'm going tuesday to talk to student services so I can get through 15 credits as fast as possible and join. I had to laugh at the guy ridiculing my dear sir or ma'am opening. it's just a simple way to open a formal letter to anyone who opens it. It's a little more personal than "To whom it may concern" You're all so ready to jump all over these "signs" I'm just putting myself out there seeing if the last vestiges of my soon-to-be-old life could be better enjoyed somewhere else. since I'm sick of this cesspool of a city called Phoenix. I'm dropping this peacefully and respectfully. think what you want. I just thought I could get some help.

The truth is slipping out, one slippery shard at a time...while I believe you do want to see your family in MT, you also hate your life where you are now. Full disclosure is always the best...

And FYI-don't fvckin laugh at us until you are one, check?

0231Marine
05-22-09, 07:39 AM

-Advice From a Keyboard Warrior. Volume 2.

So I'm to understand that since you typed the wrong information, then I am at fault for thinking that you were in your mid-30's and not 22? My name is not Ms. Cleo. I do not speak to ghosts and I certainly can't read minds. I was not assuming anything but rather giving my opinion based on the information you provided. Next time, how about you type the correct information instead of implying certain things.

You're correct! Marines should not assume but in your case, I'll make a special exception and assume that you're just some arrogant kid in his early 20's who thinks he knows the ways of the world because he made it off his ranch in Montana for a few years and has worked some less than desirable jobs.

As for the attitude you gave me, well I'd love to see you walk a mile in my shoes and then call me a "keyboard warrior." I spent 5 years defending your right to sit there and call me that and many of my friends have given their lives for the same reason. Friends that didn't come home with me but who were sent home in wooden boxes draped with the American Flag. The same flag that has one of the stars representing your "greatest state in the union."

Because I've protected that, you have every right to say whatever you want and be wrong about it. You've obvioulsy chosen to exercise that option so kudos to you. However, don't sit there and play the "woe is me" card asking for hand outs from the Marines on this site and then bash us for thinking something is wrong because you typed the wrong information. If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me but you can take your fvcking opinion and stick it up your a$$ for all I care because to me, you haven't earned sh!t in this world yet.

-The End-

Marine84
05-22-09, 08:03 AM
-Advice From a Keyboard Warrior. Volume 2.

So I'm to understand that since you typed the wrong information, then I am at fault for thinking that you were in your mid-30's and not 22? My name is not Ms. Cleo. I do not speak to ghosts and I certainly can't read minds. I was not assuming anything but rather giving my opinion based on the information you provided. Next time, how about you type the correct information instead of implying certain things.

You're correct! Marines should not assume but in your case, I'll make a special exception and assume that you're just some arrogant kid in his early 20's who thinks he knows the ways of the world because he made it off his ranch in Montana for a few years and has worked some less than desirable jobs.

As for the attitude you gave me, well I'd love to see you walk a mile in my shoes and then call me a "keyboard warrior." I spent 5 years defending your right to sit there and call me that and many of my friends have given their lives for the same reason. Friends that didn't come home with me but who were sent home in wooden boxes draped with the American Flag. The same flag that has one of the stars representing your "greatest state in the union."

Because I've protected that, you have every right to say whatever you want and be wrong about it. You've obvioulsy chosen to exercise that option so kudos to you. However, don't sit there and play the "woe is me" card asking for hand outs from the Marines on this site and then bash us for thinking something is wrong because you typed the wrong information. If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me but you can take your fvcking opinion and stick it up your a$$ for all I care because to me, you haven't earned sh!t in this world yet.

-The End-

I think I love you! :angel:

commdog7
05-22-09, 08:04 AM
0231Marine: Well said, Rah! :thumbup:

JWDevilDog
05-22-09, 08:21 AM
Well, one more reason by I put a lot of stock in your posts on this site, 0231Marine. Thanks for that post, and very well said, Cpl.

Oohrah, and Semper Fidelis.

TheYeti1775
05-22-09, 08:25 AM
I told him to catch a Greyhound on Grits, even gave him the schedule and price. Might as go lock it now.

JWDevilDog
05-22-09, 08:27 AM
Cpl., just wanted to let you know that you need to fill out your profile (about me section). Otherwise, welcome to the site, devil.

PaidinBlood
05-22-09, 08:30 AM
welcome to the site, devil.

http://www.my-bad-dog.com/images/Devil-Dog.jpg

Rocky C
05-22-09, 08:32 AM
Ok, this is my last post on this thread (I THINK???).
With that I will say this.

Did he just post this on Craigslist ???
Oh Shiat, Lock N' Load :)

Rocky

TheYeti1775
05-22-09, 08:48 AM
Cpl., just wanted to let you know that you need to fill out your profile (about me section). Otherwise, welcome to the site, devil.

Filling it all out now, but I've been lurking for some time now. Just check the Join Date to the right. ;)

TheYeti1775
05-22-09, 08:49 AM
Ok, this is my last post on this thread (I THINK???).
With that I will say this.

Did he just post this on Craigslist ???
Oh Shiat, Lock N' Load :)

Rocky

O please give the link, I'm going to have fun. :beer:

JWDevilDog
05-22-09, 08:54 AM
Filling it all out now, but I've been lurking for some time now. Just check the Join Date to the right. ;)
Holy Jesus, I didn't notice the join date before. You HAVE been lurking for awhile... Creeper!

TheYeti1775
05-22-09, 08:59 AM
Holy Jesus, I didn't notice the join date before. You HAVE been lurking for awhile... Creeper!
Just for a wee bit. Still gotta update my email on here, I'll do that when I get home tonight.

One of my wannabe's on Grits pointed out this thread, since he posted the same request there. This turd monkey is almost worth posting about over on Pirate4x4 and let them play with them for a time. They love playing with the scammers there.