PDA

View Full Version : Some upcoming (and past) changes

Isrowei
05-20-09, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone, I figure I probably should put an update in here at some point.

Most of you by now know that for the past few years I have been at MCRD Parris Island. As of last month, I have transferred to the Beaufort Air Station as the PAO. It's been a good experience so far with a lot of rapid events to keep life exciting. Any of you who were in the area for last week's Air Show (or saw it in the news) got to see the product of a lot of my Marines' work.

For those of you wondering, yes I'm on the Captains list and we're waiting to see if it will be June 1st or July 1st to pin. I'm pretty excited (as is Idena) about the road ahead.

The little one is doing great and just got two teeth (working on a 3rd) and my boy still continues to raise a ruckus (including a recent escapade of running a pair of clippers straight down the middle of his head. He is now bald). I owe Momma some sweetie time this weekend for all the slack she's picked up around the house over the last few weeks as I settled into my new job.

Anyway, a short update for those who care.

Semper,

Lt Izzy

thedrifter
05-20-09, 12:46 PM
That's great news...

I love the special touch about Your Family...;)

Thanks for sharing...

Your only about an hour away...;)

Ellie

ameriken
05-20-09, 12:49 PM
Great news Izzy. We're looking forward to your new set of railroad tracks!

Isrowei
05-20-09, 01:22 PM
Your only about an hour away...;)

Thanks Ellie, though I'm still in Beaufort, SC, not Beaufort, NC.

Perhaps in another year the monitors will see fit to send me someplace new... :)

rb1651
05-20-09, 01:45 PM
Congrats on the upcoming promotion, Sir. Continue to enjoy the family. The small people in our lives tend to grow too fast, and time flies by while they're home. Best of luck at your new post.

TJR1070
05-20-09, 02:00 PM
Congratulations on your promotion and Good Luck in your new job, Sir.

charm1110
05-20-09, 02:08 PM
Congratulations Sir!
We haven't met yet but I've seen a few of your posts and know that you're one squared away Devildog and will make an outstanding Captain of Marines.

Semper Fi...:flag:

thewookie
05-20-09, 02:41 PM
Good luck Lieutenant - get some!:usmc:

Rocky C
05-20-09, 04:28 PM

Perhaps in another year the monitors will see fit to send me someplace new... :)

Congrats LT. Izzy.
Perhaps you can come up to Rhode Island. The Newport War College could use a Captain like you and you get to hang out with me and see the "REAL FEDERAL HILL"
The Invitation is there.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

thedrifter
05-20-09, 07:43 PM

Sorry it's been won of those days....:)

Well that means 5 hours away...except if I have a lead foot....:D

Ellie

Marine84
05-20-09, 08:12 PM
Congratulations! Make sure to take pics at the pinning - we want to see blood on the blouse - LOL!

temarti
05-20-09, 09:06 PM
Congrats Lt. the airshow was great my son enjoyed both days, however it was not in the cards to get pics of the Angels in the air. The camera's juice ran out after Fat Albert, we decided to stay for the Sunday show and as you know at 2pm it was called for rain. Made a great long trip back to North Va.

Good seeing you and your family, the little one has grown a lot in the last few month and the family looks great.

sparkie
05-20-09, 09:21 PM
Lt,,,,,, I have ALWAYS wished you well,,,,,, And I still hope a .50 cal is not in your future,,,,,,,,,I Can't wait,,,,,,,,,,,Do your job, Son,,,,,,,,,

jetdawgg
05-21-09, 07:36 AM
Izzy on his second day of school my oldest used the clippers on himself:D

He found out that all of his hair could come off too:D

He is now a sophmore in college so laugh heartily and loudly about that incident. :usmc:

JWDevilDog
05-21-09, 07:50 AM
my boy still continues to raise a ruckus (including a recent escapade of running a pair of clippers straight down the middle of his head. He is now bald)

Sounds like your son wants to be a Marine recruit, sir! :D

Anyway, I know we haven't had a whole lot of interactions on this site (as I'm still pretty new to it), but I have read a few of your posts and I do have a lot of respect for you, sir. Congratulations on your upcoming promotion. I'm sure you will make a fine Captain.

Semper Fi, LT

Wyoming
05-21-09, 08:53 AM
Ell Tee, soon to be Cap Tee.

Excellent.

Congratulations Sir!!

Osotogary
05-21-09, 01:09 PM
Good work and great news about your upcoming promotion, Sir. It's also good to hear about your family and how well they are doing. Two front teeth? Those would be nice to have again. LOL

bgsuwoody
05-21-09, 10:36 PM
Congrats on everything going on in your life sir, good to hear from you