PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! VA HOME LOAN

Rocky C
05-19-09, 04:11 PM
9 days until I close on my new Townhouse.
5 1/2 months of paperwork (VA, Bank, Etc.)
Everything is good to go and on scheduale.
Gave my written notice to Vacate (30 days as required).
My Bank just calls me and said the VA has not sent out the Appraiser yet!
Are you SH*TTIN ME ???
9 days, it's after 5pm here.
Memorial Day is Monday and you know that noone is going to be around this weekend either.
I can't call the VA Home Loan Office because they deal with the Bank Directly.
HELLO, I'M THE VETERAN!!!
Brothers and Sisters, Help, Ideas, Advise???
WTF, OVER!!!
I don't need this SH*T in my life right now.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

giveen
05-19-09, 05:26 PM
Dude, this is going to suck but hear me out.
The VA made me late on my closing date. By a week. I had to shell out $500 because of them.
Suck it up. Things dont go perfectly. Its part of the process.

But I didnt have the most perfect of credit score but because of the VA I got a 5.5% interest rate on a $89k loan for the house, and my house ended up being appraised at $109k.
The VA is doing its best and they are looking out for you.

Artemis
05-19-09, 05:35 PM
I just bought a house using my VA loan and didn't have any problems. Made an offer on a house moved in 5 weeks later.

Rocky C
05-19-09, 05:45 PM
Bro, I did a search here and read your thread and the posts a little while ago.
I am all good to go except for the appraiser.
All the paperwork is done.
I already have my Mortgage Payment, Escrows, Title Insurance, Condo Insurance, Smoke and CO2 certificate.
Closing is set for 1pm. on May 28th at the Attornys Office.
No Appraiser yet.
Good to go, just need that paperwork to close.
9 F**cking days to go and I think it's gonna fall apart.

Rocky
ps. 30 years fixed rate, 5.0%, no money down. no PMI, seller is paying the point and closing costs, 5 thousand!!!!

Rocky C
05-19-09, 05:53 PM
I just bought a house using my VA loan and didn't have any problems. Made an offer on a house moved in 5 weeks later.

5 weeks??? It took the VA 2 months just to approve the Condo Docs and site plan.
It's alot differant with a Development of Townhouses, and plans and Townhouse Association Bylaws and Regs and if the Association is solvent Money wise, etc, etc,
But all that is done now and has been for months.
I don't know what the holdup is on getting this guy out there.
9 days and a Holiday weekend!!!
Shiat,

Rocky

Supersquishy
05-19-09, 07:00 PM
Bro, I did a search here and read your thread and the posts a little while ago.
I am all good to go except for the appraiser.
All the paperwork is done.
I already have my Mortgage Payment, Escrows, Title Insurance, Condo Insurance, Smoke and CO2 certificate.
Closing is set for 1pm. on May 28th at the Attornys Office.
No Appraiser yet.
Good to go, just need that paperwork to close.
9 F**cking days to go and I think it's gonna fall apart.

Rocky
ps. 30 years fixed rate, 5.0%, no money down. no PMI, seller is paying the point and closing costs, 5 thousand!!!!

Who is your Realtor, they should have had that crap sorted out long time ago.....at least mine did..

yanacek
05-19-09, 07:52 PM
I'd get on the phone at once with the Realtor, and then your lender. If you have an attorney who is handling the closing, I'd be on the phone with him too. In addition, look carefully at all your documents to make sure you will not lose your locked-in interest rate should the property not close as scheduled. The Realtor and the lender wants the deal to close--otherwise they don't get paid. Dump it in their lap. I have used the VA three times and they always let their appraisal go until the last minute. Good luck to you.

Rocky C
05-20-09, 07:51 AM
Morning Brothers,
Thank you for the help thus far. I talked to my Realtor and she says it's between the Lender now and the VA.
I called my Mortgage broker at home last night and she says that she is just waiting for a call from the VA with a date and time then she will call the Realtor to let the Appraiser in the property.
8 days to go. What a clusterF**K.
Hurry up and wait, sitting by the phone.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

yanacek
05-20-09, 08:56 AM
Sounds to me like the Mortgage broker needs to get on the phone and call the VA. Time is critical as you know. Once the appraiser does his thing, he/she still needs to write his report and submit it to the VA. Call the broker this morning--make their lives living Hell.

Gunner 0313
05-20-09, 09:02 AM
:flag:Exactly why I never used the fvckin VA. Worthless fvcks ! Do you belong to Navy Fed Rocky ? I bet someone that's hungry for the money could unfvck this real quick.

Rocky C
05-20-09, 09:07 AM
I was just thinking that. It's not just getting in and a look see as you know.
He/she still needs to get to town hall and look up all the Comps for property that sold within a 25 mile radius within the last six months and Town hall will be closed for the Memorial Day weekend so counting today it leaves me only 5 working days till closing date.
It's 0959 hours.
I'm on the phone!!!
Thank you for all your help!!!
Rocky

Rocky C
05-20-09, 09:18 AM
:flag:Exactly why I never used the fvckin VA. Worthless fvcks ! Do you belong to Navy Fed Rocky ? I bet someone that's hungry for the money could unfvck this real quick.

WTF??? Voicemail !!!

Gunner, I'm using Bank Of America. Stupid F**cks!!!
They were real quick though to take our Bailout Money though :mad:

You're right. I should have gone with a Smaller Bank/Credit Union that's Hungry for the Money and about $150,000 worth of interest over 30 years.

It's gonna be a looong day!!!

Rocky

Gunner 0313
05-20-09, 09:47 AM
:flag:Oh sh!t don't get me started on Bank of Azzholes ! That's a rant that could go on and on and on................................................ ..........

DocGreek
05-20-09, 10:41 AM
ROCKY....I'm with ya' BRO!! Ask the bank if they have been told WHO is gonna' be the appraiser....should tell you....then...call him and tell him the story!!! If the bank won't, or doesn't know the name...call the LOCAL VA rep. and BE NICE!!! SHOULD BE AN OFFICE NEAR YOU!!! Let me how you do!!.....DOC

Rocky C
05-20-09, 10:57 AM
ROCKY....I'm with ya' BRO!! Ask the bank if they have been told WHO is gonna' be the appraiser....should tell you....then...call him and tell him the story!!! If the bank won't, or doesn't know the name...call the LOCAL VA rep. and BE NICE!!! SHOULD BE AN OFFICE NEAR YOU!!! Let me how you do!!.....DOC

Morning Doc!!!
This is so not good. My mind is spinning out of control (Because of you know what). I am trying to get a handle on all this while trying to maintain my Mental Health right now.

As of 15 minutes ago this is the picture.
The VA Home Loan office for New England is in New Hampshire.
The certified VA appraiser comes out of Conneticut.
I cannot even talk to anyone because the New Hampshire office talks to my Mortgage Broker, not me.
The New Hampshire Office talks to the Conneticut Office to assign the Appraiser.
I cannot talk to New Hampshire or Conn.
My Mortgage Broker has been waiting for the Conn. Office to call and set up the day and time for the Appraisel.
My hands are tied and everyone is on standby waiting for the call.

This Sucks Doc.
Rocky

thewookie
05-20-09, 10:57 AM
Hey Rocky - welcome to the suck.

Don't bother yanking the realtors chain about the appraiser, it's all in the banks or lenders hands. The only thing a realtor does in relation to an appraisal is arrange the showing and open the door to let the appraiser in.

You really do not want a listing realtor speaking to the appraiser any way, it's a complete conflict of interest. And be very careful trusting a realtor who also lists the property, even though they claim a fiduciary responsibility to you - they want to sell the house to make commission and they will do ANYTHING to make it happen. This is called dual agency around these parts when a realtor lists and sells the property in the same transaction - avoid it at all costs.

ALWAYS,,,, get a buyers agent to represent you and look out for your interests - it cost you nothing as it comes out of the sellers side.

I work with realtors on a daily basis and 90% of them, in my opinion, would sell their mother's soul to close a deal and earn a commission.

Talk to the BOA guys and stay on them, be polite and not disrespectful (I know I don't have to tell you that but don't let the raging bulldog Marine come out, this is time to be a poodle)

The VA is the VA - what do you expect, nothing happens quickly or efficiently in that bureaucratic mess of an organization.

Stay on them, Rocky.

Rocky C
05-20-09, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mike,
I know I gotta stay cool. I have a Buyers agent and I told her also not to be there when the Appraiser shows up. Let the listing Agent open the door for the appraiser.
5 1/2 months later and 8 days to go and noones in a hurry except me, The God Damn Veteran who put this all together and all of a sudden it's out of my hands.
Your right, welcome to the suck!!!
Thanks Mike,
Semper Fi Brother,
Rocky

DocGreek
05-20-09, 11:13 AM
ROCKY...MOVE DOWN HERE, NUMBNUTS!!! We don't have ANY of those problems here! We've got three VA appraisers in the local area, AND I know them ALL!! All three have done appraisal's for me, since last summer!! That's $1200.00 BUBBA!! NONE of the homes I tried to buy were listed with my Realtor. Problem was ALWAYS with either THE listing agent not wanting to share commission, or the stupid seller not willing to accept the appraisal amount, from the VA as a selling price!! MY VERY BEST TO YOU BROTHER!!!.....DOC

thewookie
05-20-09, 11:14 AM
Thanks Mike,
I know I gotta stay cool. I have a Buyers agent and I told her also not to be there when the Appraiser shows up. Let the listing Agent open the door for the appraiser.
5 1/2 months later and 8 days to go and noones in a hurry except me, The God Damn Veteran who put this all together and all of a sudden it's out of my hands.
Your right, welcome to the suck!!!
Thanks Mike,
Semper Fi Brother,
Rocky

Good news - but stay on the buyers agent - make them earn their commission.

Rocky C
05-20-09, 11:20 AM
Thanks Doc!!! I really need to close my eyes for an hour to calm down but I don't want to miss the call and have it go to my Voicemail on my cell and then when I try to call back whoever, get their voicemail cause then my $400.00 cell will be airborne and then I ain't talking to anyone after that.
I keep telling myself, It is what it is.
I got physcotherapy appt. at the VA tomorrow, poor b*stard.... Maybe I should re-scheduale!!!
Rocky

Rocky C
05-23-09, 07:16 AM
Well, got the call last night from my Mortgage broker. Won't be closing on the house this Thursday!!! I knew it!!! Seems the VA appraiser won't be able to get out in time, Really???, NO SH*T!!!. Now I have to call my insurance agent and cancel the homeowners policy that I paid for a year in advance. Call the management company where I live and beg for a reprieve for another month because I already gave my 30 days notice to vacate.
The Biggest thing? My Realtor has to call the other Realtor and ask the Sellers to grant me a 30 day extention and if they don't they are entitled to keep my earnest money deposit.
WTF???.
5 1/2 months and it's falling apart 5 days before I was supposed to close.
VA Home Loan, now I know why only 1% of eligable Veterans use it.
It's a NIGHTMARE!!!
Hurry up and wait....

Rocky

SSgt Ramsey
05-23-09, 07:30 AM
Sorry Rocky....hate to see this happen to ya'...

We are closing on a home also as I type and are just waiting for the appraisal to be done and turned in then move forward to closing....we got a great fixed rate of 5.625% w/0 points at closing....

I had thought about doing the VA Home Loan Guarantee, but we decided to NOT pursue it for the very reason(s) you have brought up....of all the people I've ever known who have used this it's a total nightmare as you said. It's not worth the hassle to me in the long run.

We have the 20% down-payment anyway so screw it....I'd rather put my $$ into my home than a low % savings account or CD for the long haul and definitely not the stock market now....ouch...

Rocky C
05-23-09, 07:55 AM
Morning Sam,
Thank you Bro!!! Congrats on the New Home to you. This is UNREAL. I gotta stay calm but I'm p*ssed!!!. The reason I got for the delay was that Congress passed a bill 6 weeks ago allowing Vets with a VA home loan to refinance at a lower rate and they are to Busy, so new Home Loan Purchaces go to the bottom of the pile!!!
Memorial Day Weekend and I can't get anything done with the other stuff until Tuesday.
Have a Safe Weekend Bro,
Rocky

SSgt Ramsey
05-23-09, 08:01 AM
Nothing with the VA is easy bro....sad it has to be this way....

It amazes me that a crack ho' who has never worked a day in their life gets all this public and federal assistance for being stupid and irresponsible and qualify for HUD homes etc. and they think they are "owed" it but Veterans who have served honorably are maligned daily. Amazing.

Rocky C
05-23-09, 08:11 AM
You are so right. I thought about that all night as I paced back and forth, my mind spinning at the speed of light.
I'm not doing the woah is me thing but geeze give a Vet a break.
It's not like I'm asking for something for nothing. I still have to pay for it for 30 years.
It is What it is....

jetdawgg
05-23-09, 08:14 AM
You think that they should outsource?:idea:

Rocky C
05-23-09, 08:25 AM

Explain jet, my mind is a Clusterf*ck right now :(

SSgt Ramsey
05-23-09, 08:28 AM
I don't think outsourcing is the answer...the answer lies in fixing the ancient and archaic beaurocracy that is the VA and make it easier for all Veteran's to use this program and not have to add additional months to the purchase of a home.

I don't get it...unless you're a Native American, the VA pays NOTHING to your bank, all they do is secure the down-payment to the bank....and if the home goes into foreclosure they will assume the home.

It just seemed like too many additional pieces to the puzzle for me to entertain seriously. It's not worth it to me. I got a good rate and the home is very nice in a great, quiet, secluded area with lots of trees and about an acre lot. I'm happy with our purchase.

Gunner 0313
05-23-09, 08:34 AM

:thumbup: And downsize the bureaucracy.

Rocky C
05-23-09, 08:38 AM
I'm so lost right now in my own thread. Can someone explain to me this outsource Thing.

SSgt Ramsey
05-23-09, 08:40 AM
Rocky, basically contracting an outside company vice the VA in subsidising and securing the Home Loan Guarantee. It would probably make the process easier for the consumer, read us.

Gunner 0313
05-23-09, 08:41 AM
:flag:He's just saying to get rid of the goverment d0uchebags and let the private banks do it.

jetdawgg
05-23-09, 08:52 AM
Kinda like Fed EX. Moving packages and letters better than the post office does:usmc:

Of course Fed Ex is run by a Marine:usmc:

http://www.usni.org/userfiles/file/%20Sept/ATC%20Sept%2008.pdf

Rocky C
05-23-09, 09:07 AM
Ok, Thank you Brothers, I understand now. Your right, to much red tape. 5 1/2 months of moving from one office, to another, to another, to another. Must be at least 50 sets of eyes looking at the Damn package. I know the VA wants to make sure it's a good property and a good loan and they are looking out for my best interests??? But it doesn't take a Rocket scientist and 1,645,367 documents to figure it out.

charm1110
05-23-09, 09:03 PM
Rocky,
sorry to hear the not so good news... hopefully the sellers will allow an extension as well as the mgmnt. company where you live. I used the V.A. loan when I bought my house and then refinanced out of it when the rates dropped. I didn't have a real hard time but my lender (not agent) was very familiar with V.A. and the process. It was also about eleven yrs. ago before the housing bubble and sh*t was more normal. I will be praying for you Brother!

Semper Fi...:flag:

DocGreek
05-23-09, 11:10 PM
ROCKY....very difficult to get a "regular" bank loan without a healthy down payment. OR....you can bargain with the seller to have him pay ALL the closing costs!! ALL OF THEM, BROTHER!! I'm gonna' use a mortgage broker, the VA, and a realtor that I trust. I'll make the seller pay ALL the closing costs, and NOT A DIME from me at closing!!! LOOK....people are really trying to sell thier property, before forclosure so it's a BUYER'S MARKET!! BE AN AZZHOLE!!! Tell "them" what YOU want, and take NO SH!T!!.....DOC

HST
05-25-09, 07:35 AM
Along the same line. Can anyone give me the name of some lenders that do VA loans, preferably in the St. Louis, Mo. area. I'd like to refinance. I sent the VA loan office a message requesting the name of some lenders and got a totally VA type bs reply that they cant reveal the names. What a crock!

Rocky C
05-25-09, 08:39 AM
Thank you Brothers for all your help and support. Tomorrow (Tuesday) will be the big day to see if the sellers will give me a 30 extension that my Realtor requested and Hopefully the VA appraiser can get out there and submit the paperwork quick and I can go to closing!!!

HST, you can do an online search for VA approved lenders in your area.
Just don't use Bank of America!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

HST
05-25-09, 09:59 AM
Thanks and good luck,RhodeIsland. I'll give that a try. I'd think with the way home sales are going the extension would be just about a sure thing.

Rocky C
05-25-09, 10:20 AM
Thanks and good luck,RhodeIsland. I'll give that a try. I'd think with the way home sales are going the extension would be just about a sure thing.

I hope so but they are already p*ssed at me because I bought it $42,000 less than asking price and they are paying 1 point and all closing costs $5000.00. but it is a down market and they accepted the offer!!!

It's going to be a long day tomorrow :(

Semper Fi,
Rocky

HST
05-25-09, 10:24 AM
I tried the online search....no good. All I get is the same old web scams like
"VA loan services" but when you read the small print, they're nothing but middlemen or scammers. I dont give those kind of sites any personal information. I didn't come up with one name that I recognized as a real financial institution. Any help would be appreciated.

Rocky C
05-25-09, 10:41 AM
Go right to the Source My Brother.
Here is the link.
Click benefits on the left, then click Home Loans from the drop down box.
Everything you need for Anything is right here.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

http://www.va.gov/

HST
05-26-09, 08:43 AM
Rocky, I've been all over that site and I can't find a list of approved lenders. If you know where it is, I'd appreciate a direct link.