PDA

View Full Version : Ship Dates Pushed Back

ramos360
05-19-09, 01:03 PM
Hey its me again just thought I should put up a new thread from the information I just recieved from my recruiter last night at my award ceremony for my high school achievements. He said that everyone's ship dates have been pushed back due to the fact of not enough rack space on the island. (Parris Island). Do any of you know if this is true? If so please reply and tell me what is going on because when I found out I was in total shock because I been counting down the day until I get to begin the transformation from a civilian into a United States Marine. My ship date is to be on July 13, 2009 but my recruiter said that it will be pushed back. I don't like that simple fact because I have been waiting for a long time to go and begin. So can someone help me out. Thank you for your time and hope you all are in well health. God Bless.

Poolee Ramos

MARINECID
05-19-09, 01:23 PM
Some times this happens. Good thing you can only stay in the DEP for 365 days.

benw2200
05-19-09, 01:25 PM
If your recruiter, whose job is to get you to boot camp, told you that.. he probably wasn't kidding. Summer is the busiest time at PI and since the Marine Corps is trying to expand their ranks as much as possible, I'm not surprised at all. Getting your shipdate pushed back sucks.. believe me I know. Mine was delayed about 3 months first because of a medical waiver, and then for some stupid administrative mistake. Take advantage of the time.. I definitely understand you are ready to go, just keep up the motivation and use the time to prepare yourself more and spend some time with your friends and family.

*edit*

I just noticed your IST scores.. a few months is plenty of time to improve, especially your pull-ups and crunches. You can go from 82 to 100 with ease, as long as you practice regularly. Same with pullups.. if you can bang out 18+ pullups, 100 crunches, and a decent run time, you'll probably land a billet right off the bat, which can help get you promoted.

kash
05-19-09, 01:25 PM
Yes alot of ship dates are getting pushed back. I was told there are just not enough racks for everyone...

When did u DEP in? For me it was 060608 and I ship on 150609 so I cant be pushed back anymore because Im going over a year and into my extra reserve days.

ramos360
05-19-09, 02:48 PM
Yeah I understand. I am just really upset and angry because I been planning on shipping out on 20090713 and now to hear that it might be a month after. How crappy is that I mean almost all summer I have back at home. Now for some people this might be a good thing but when you are highly motivated to get to boot camp and become one of the proud and few its a bad thing to hear. I heard it right before the award ceremony at my high school with my recruiter and I was upset about it. The reason why they pushing everyone back is because the reservist have to go in June in order to make it to college on time. I believe that it just sucks. Also, because there wouldn't be enough racks for all of the recruits. I just will sit down with my recruiter and try to work something out. I mean if I am in better condition that someone who is supposed to ship out before me then I mean I think I earned the right to ship out before them. I am working hard to motivate myself as well as others. But, I guess we will see. Thanks for the feed back.

kash
05-19-09, 06:11 PM
If your recruiter, whose job is to get you to boot camp, told you that.. he probably wasn't kidding. Summer is the busiest time at PI and since the Marine Corps is trying to expand their ranks as much as possible, I'm not surprised at all. Getting your shipdate pushed back sucks.. believe me I know. Mine was delayed about 3 months first because of a medical waiver, and then for some stupid administrative mistake. Take advantage of the time.. I definitely understand you are ready to go, just keep up the motivation and use the time to prepare yourself more and spend some time with your friends and family.

*edit*

I just noticed your IST scores.. a few months is plenty of time to improve, especially your pull-ups and crunches. You can go from 82 to 100 with ease, as long as you practice regularly. Same with pullups.. if you can bang out 18+ pullups, 100 crunches, and a decent run time, you'll probably land a billet right off the bat, which can help get you promoted.
I can get 18 pullups now and 100 crunches, im still working on my run time.

ramos360
05-19-09, 06:59 PM
Just talked to my recruiter two hours ago. My ship date was pushed back almost a month. Kinda sucks but hey in the end I will earn that title and bring it home. Instead of July 13, 2009 it will be August 10, 2009.

kash
05-19-09, 07:33 PM
Just talked to my recruiter two hours ago. My ship date was pushed back almost a month. Kinda sucks but hey in the end I will earn that title and bring it home. Instead of July 13, 2009 it will be August 10, 2009.
You will be going with a friend of mine. We are in NC.

ramos360
05-19-09, 08:45 PM
You will be going with a friend of mine. We are in NC.

Can you have him email me at 108110@lctiweb.com

Hartford
05-19-09, 08:46 PM
Needs of The Marine Corps > Needs of You. Probably many more things similar to this will happen in your career. Just have to realize everything happens for a reason.

JWG
05-19-09, 09:42 PM
Learn the term one of my sergeant's informed me of. "Semper Gumby." Always Flexible.

At least you have the CHANCE at the Title. Be thankful. If this is what you want, accept it and move on. Stay motivated and be greatful you are qualified and in good enough health for the Corps to accept you for a trip to Boot.

GET SOME!

Stay Motivated,

Jon :flag::evilgrin::flag:

kash
05-19-09, 10:07 PM
Can you have him email me at 108110@lctiweb.com

Ill give it to him

Kreegz
05-19-09, 11:44 PM
Yeah it sucks, I wanted to leave as soon as possible after my high school graduation but they told me that August 10th was the earliest that they had available. Oh well, it's 2 extra months of training so that i can be in even better shape when I finally get there. I'm going to be bored out of my mind this summer when I'm not PTing though.

Too bad you're heading to PI or we could have probably met up at boot.

ramos360
05-20-09, 11:10 AM
Yeah I will just learn from this experence that anything can happen. But it is kind of a bumber that I have to wait that much longer. I am greatful that I have a shot at the title where other people might not be as blessed as I am. But thank you guys for your feed back and everything.