PDA

View Full Version : Outlined PT Workout

Mike18
05-18-09, 05:05 PM
I am about to DEP into the United States Marines, and I was wondering if any Marine would tell me what he/she did prior to recruit training in order to get into maximum shape to succeed at bootcamp, whether it was certain sets and reps with weights or just straight calisthenics with running included. My goal is to study my USMC knowledge as well as be able to run a first class PFT before I ship. Any and all info is helpful. Thank you for your service Marines.

Pete0331
05-18-09, 05:17 PM
I am about to DEP into the United States Marines, and I was wondering if any Marine would tell me what he/she did prior to recruit training in order to get into maximum shape to succeed at bootcamp, whether it was certain sets and reps with weights or just straight calisthenics with running included. My goal is to study my USMC knowledge as well as be able to run a first class PFT before I ship. Any and all info is helpful. Thank you for your service Marines.

The daily PT guide the recruiters give you does its job if you follow it perfectly, don't smoke, eat healthy, and drink plenty of water.

You get one when you DEP in, or you could probably go ask really nicely for one... :marine:

Rocky C
05-18-09, 05:24 PM
The daily PT guide the recruiters give you does its job if you follow it perfectly, don't smoke, eat healthy, and drink plenty of water.

You get one when you DEP in, or you could probably go ask really nicely for one... :marine:

:D

JGiddens
06-03-09, 02:16 AM
Depending on how in-shape you are right now and how long you have until you go to boot camp, there are a few things to consider: first, do your pull ups. if anything counts in a PFT its pull ups. Crunches are a given and anybody can get a decent run that will merit a first class PFT if you have your pull ups maxed. Also, bootcamp is designed to whip you into shape (at least as far as the PFT goes... you wont really be in great shape when you leave boot camp... youll just be able to run faster and do more pullups). If youre close to your PFT goals now, you will have no problem getting a great PFT score during boot camp.

Mike18
06-05-09, 08:20 AM
Thank you Marines for your responses. It is greatly appreciated.

Marine84
06-05-09, 03:41 PM
Read the other 4,356,238,921 threads about the SAME THING!!!!!!