PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps MOS 6322 CH-46 electonics

StoneTheWeak
05-18-09, 11:43 AM
How long is the C school at MCAS New River for 6322 CH-46 Avionics Technician? I just got my orders for them today. What are the possible duty stations as well?

DocGreek
05-18-09, 03:04 PM
Don't know...BUT Kabul is nice...this time of year!!!.....DOC

BR34
05-18-09, 03:21 PM
How long is the C school at MCAS New River for 6322 CH-46 Avionics Technician? I just got my orders for them today. What are the possible duty stations as well?

I don't know much about the MOS, but I do know that most if not all major bases will have 46s, as well as MEUs. So, during your enlistment you could go everywhere from New River Air Station, to Miramar, to Pendleton, to Okinawa, to ship, etc.

I also know you have to obtain a 2nd class swim qual while at MOS school or they'll put you in another MOS.

Artemis
05-18-09, 03:30 PM
I was a 46 Airframer and no one but the Crew Chiefs had to have the higher swim qual classes when I was in. You can be stationed East Coast ( Cherry Point, New River or HMX in Quantico, VA) West coast ( Miramar or Pendleton) or overseas which is Okinawa.

BR34
05-18-09, 03:35 PM
You know, you're probably right about the swim qual. I was speaking to someone I work with about this, and even though he had a helicopter MOS, it may have been different from the above posters. (he's a Sgt in my MOS now because he couldn't get pass the dunk tank at MOS school)

StoneTheWeak
05-18-09, 04:09 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for New River.

Tegan
05-18-09, 05:04 PM
We still have phrogs here at Pendleton, so that's a chance.

StoneTheWeak
05-18-09, 08:46 PM
I hope not, I like the east coast. More down to earth.

Integrity57
05-18-09, 10:10 PM
Are you sure he wasn't Aircrew BR34? Because the Aircrew canidates here at NAS go through all that advance swimming and water survival training, the simulator is pretty sweet too, looks like the cargo area of a 46 perched above the pool on a hydraulic arm mechanism.

BR34
05-19-09, 06:21 AM
Are you sure he wasn't Aircrew BR34? Because the Aircrew canidates here at NAS go through all that advance swimming and water survival training, the simulator is pretty sweet too, looks like the cargo area of a 46 perched above the pool on a hydraulic arm mechanism.

I'm not sure of what his exact MOS was. I just know it was with helicopters, he needed a 2nd swim qual, and he failed and got put into a diff. MOS. Yall all know more than me, so I take your words as the gospel!

BR34
05-19-09, 06:22 AM
I hope not, I like the east coast. More down to earth.

You're one of the first people (Since me) that I know who feel that way. I hope I never have to live at Pendleton. The place is BEAUTIFUL, but it's just....too much.

StoneTheWeak
05-19-09, 09:09 PM
I'm from upstate New York, its very relaxed and parts of it are more country than the south. If anyone here has ever seen like the southern tier of upstate or the adirondacks you'd know. I don't like high speed and big cities. And I like people who are more relaxed and laid back and polite. West Coast, at least Cali, and especially SoCal, are too wound for me.