PDA

View Full Version : I'm home on leave, and I really need to see a doc. What do I do?

Achped
05-18-09, 08:05 AM
I'm home on leave in Florida and Ive had a sore throat since Wednesday. It was so bad I could barely eat but now its getting hard to breathe. Its like my throat is so swollen i can feel it swelling shut. I've tried ibuprofen and drinking water, even changed my socks but it hasn't helped. The ibuprofen helped a little but that was when it first started, it does nothing now.

Anyways, I want to get checked out by a doctor, I was good with waiting it out but now its getting tough to breathe.

What do I do? Run off to the emergency room? I don't exactly have a doctor so its not like I can make an appointment somewhere. Walk in clinic?

WTF, over?

NoRemorse
05-18-09, 08:07 AM
You've got Tricare. Your throat closing warrants a trip to the ER. If you're having respiratory distress you jump near the front of the line for triage. Have someone drive or have an ambulance pick you up.

Ambulance service = direct admission and faster service. Not sure about cost for the bus ride though.

sparkie
05-18-09, 08:09 AM
My Goodness, Matt, you know what ya gotta do. Urgent care. Probly strep. Cost ya some bucks, but so what?

Marine84
05-18-09, 08:19 AM
You better hurry up and get to a Doc boy!

And, you mean to tell me that you're THIS close to me and you haven't told me? I know you're trying to get caught up on the pu$$y and stuff but, DAMMIT!

Namster
05-18-09, 08:19 AM
x2 on what's been said.

Go to the ER. Tell 'em what you said here.

Breathing problem is considered critical and should send to you to the front.

But, also remember, if you're there talking normally and drinking a cup of coffee and saying you can't breathe, the triage nurse is gonna raise some eyebrows. Most of 'em are old salts and have heard it all.

Get it checked sooner than later.

thewookie
05-18-09, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a case of clap of the yap - or swine flu. :yes:

Quinbo
05-18-09, 08:51 AM
Matt ... go to urgent care. If they don't accept tri care insurance then ask them to bill you. When you get the bill take it to sick bay. There are sailors there that know how to wade through the red tape and get the bill paid.

Get yourself well bro.

Pete0331
05-18-09, 08:55 AM
Where at in Florida?

If you're close to a military hospital it may be worth going to instead of dealing with the red tape and Tricare fiasco of a civilian hospital.

Supersquishy
05-18-09, 09:03 AM
Thats what you get for not washing your hands enough. J/K,

Seriously get yourself to the Doc ASAP, that breathing sh1t is not to be taken lightly.

Achped
05-18-09, 09:20 AM
You know when I made this thread I knew exactly what you all were going to say, I guess I just needed to hear you all call me an idiot like usual and go to the ER. Pete, I'm close to Macdill AFB but they don't have an ER anymore, or at least they didn't when I was there a few years ago.

Im leaving now, and Kim, I think the pu$$y is what gave me this!

Marine84
05-18-09, 09:39 AM
I think the pu$$y is what gave me this!

LOL at your stupid a$$:)

DocGreek
05-18-09, 09:46 AM
MATT....YOU CAN GO TO THE VA HOSPITAL, AND THEY WILL HELP YOU IMMEDIATLY.....GO..GO..GO!!! Sounds like an allergic reaction to something!!!.....typical symptoms! DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE $$$$....The Marines WILL pay!!!....GO!!!!....DOC

Marine1955
05-18-09, 10:14 AM
You know when I made this thread I knew exactly what you all were going to say, I guess I just needed to hear you all call me an idiot like usual and go to the ER. Pete, I'm close to Macdill AFB but they don't have an ER anymore, or at least they didn't when I was there a few years ago.

I'm leaving now, and Kim, I think the pu$$y is what gave me this!

It would suck to be allergic to Pu$$y or
the drip of the throat
RUN DON'T WALK TO SOME KNID OF SICK BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom Blooper
05-18-09, 11:12 AM
If your throat doesn't fall off...and you go to a civilian sawbones....get all the paperwork up front(copies) to take back to your unit.

You should have nothing to worry about....if you are admitted....you or your family need to let your command head shack know about it.

As DOC said if you go to the VA they should see you....

I am now in Florida....but the VAMC in NC had a thing going on with the active duty...that they seen them. And if the VAMC didn't have a test and the military medical facility did they tried to arrange for you to go there for treatment.

If you would listen to us years ago and stuck a sock on your head you wouldn't have this problem!

Good luck!:evilgrin:

Rocky C
05-18-09, 05:55 PM

Im leaving now, and Kim, I think the pu$$y is what gave me this!

Matt, if it smells like cologne, leave it alone!!!
Get Well My Brother,

Rocky

Gunner 0313
05-18-09, 06:06 PM
Matt, if it smells like cologne, leave it alone!!!

:flag:LMFAO !!! ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS perform the smell test first !

Rocky C
05-18-09, 06:14 PM
:flag:LMFAO !!! ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS perform the smell test first !

:thumbup::sick:

Rocky

TTX
05-18-09, 11:41 PM
Damn! That pu$$y must be swamp and has a lot of weeds!

silverdollar
05-19-09, 08:59 AM
Try holding off on the Doc, you will be all right unless it kills you.

Zulu 36
05-19-09, 09:05 AM
Go to McDill AFB. They have a med clinic that does sick calls.

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 09:08 AM
Post names and pics so we know to avoid these females!

Marine1955
05-19-09, 09:49 AM

I'm leaving now, and Kim, I think the pu$$y is what gave me this!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qI3s3Re9mP0/Rt3ZT9ssqlI/AAAAAAAAAaU/BOksuniJhK4/s1600/ugly_woman.jpg We found her , Yes run don't walk to the nearest doc. and get your shots!!!

hehehehehe,hahahaha

sparkie
05-19-09, 08:41 PM
Matt,,,,,, This is like your 5th time of 15 minutes of fame,,,,,,,,,,You've cried Wolf so much,,,, The She Dog is lookin to nurse ya.

So,, If you're dead now,,,, Don't bother with a reply,,,,,, I got it.

Integrity57
05-19-09, 09:46 PM
Matt,,,,,, This is like your 5th time of 15 minutes of fame,,,,,,,,,,You've cried Wolf so much,,,, The She Dog is lookin to nurse ya.

So,, If you're dead now,,,, Don't bother with a reply,,,,,, I got it.

Lmfao.