PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted to Introduce Myself!

underdogBJJ
05-17-09, 07:44 PM
I'm a native of Southern NJ, living right outside of Atlantic City. I currently am in the process of enlisting. I spent two years in MCJROTC up in New Hampshire, and loved it. I even had a chance to spend a week in Quantico. I'm a MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor and enjoy fighting and surfing. I pretty much filled out my profile, so if anyone is interested, check it out. Is it possible to change my status to poolee when I get my ship date? I didn't want to make a random number up.

Any NJ poolee's out there?

~UD

Capital M
05-17-09, 08:04 PM
Welcome! Good luck.

JWG
05-17-09, 09:46 PM
Welcome and congratulations. You've just stumbled upon the best Marine community found online. Definitely a great resource for fellow poolees and fellow brothers and sisters after you earn that Eagle, Globe and Anchor.. and the TITLE of Marine.

And yes, after you swear in to the Marine Corps as a Poolee, you will be able to change your status. Good luck in your enlistment process. Can't wait to hear back when you do. Carry on!

GET SOME!

Motivated,

Jon :flag::evilgrin::flag:

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 04:44 PM
Thank you both! This forum is an absolute gold mine of information. I appreciate the resource being available.

~UD

Rocky C
05-18-09, 04:54 PM
Good luck to you U D.
Hurry up and get sworn in.
The Best is yet to come!!!

Rocky
Ps. Nice Introduction!!!

Fubar5812
05-18-09, 06:07 PM
niceeee.you should look into MCMAP instructors course,assuming you earn the title that is....

BR34
05-18-09, 06:44 PM
...I'm ascared!!!

Welcome.

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 07:34 PM
I'm a MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor

Ahhh..so THAT's what it stands for....
http://mostlychaff.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/doh.jpg
I was confused for a minute til I re-read it...

:D Welcome and have fun!

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 09:12 PM
PiB, I really wanna know what you said on your own post that caused you to delete it, lol...

underdogBJJ, welcome aboard. You are a Martial Arts instructor, so I'm sure you already know discipline. That being said, don't forget discipline on this site. Always use the search and be courteous. That sort of thing. If you come up with a question that hasn't been answered yet, feel free to ask it. We Marines know a lot and are usually willing to help. If we don't know the answer, we will either make something up or point you in the right direction. Depends on our mood.;)

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 09:22 PM
Whose side you on, JW? Damn... :D

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 09:42 PM
I'm on my own side, killer, and your delete excuse intrigues me. MOTIVATE.

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 09:45 PM
I had to rein it in...I mean she's still a teenager, y'know? :D

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 09:57 PM
Yeah yeah, I gotcha, PiB.. You dirty devil dog, you.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:32 PM
Good luck to you U D.
Hurry up and get sworn in.
The Best is yet to come!!!

Rocky
Ps. Nice Introduction!!!

Thank you sir, my recruiter is coming to my house tomorrow to speak with my Dad. Hes very supportive and couldn't be more proud.

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 10:39 PM
Good luck, underdog. I'm sure your dad will be wowed after meeting with your recruiter. They are impressive, professional folks, those recruiters.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:40 PM
niceeee.you should look into MCMAP instructors course,assuming you earn the title that is....

I have my heart set on Military Police, and eventually moving on to working dog handler (this is what you do, right?), it would be my dream job in the Marines.

I have been researching other MOS, I didn't even know there was a MCMAP instructors course MOS, that's very exciting! Thank you!!

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 10:42 PM
It's not a primary MOS. It is secondary, which means you could still be a working dog handler, but you would be a MCMAP instructor as well.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:44 PM
...I'm ascared!!!

Welcome.

Thank you LCpl!

No need to be scurred, I'm a very nice person :).

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:48 PM
PiB, I really wanna know what you said on your own post that caused you to delete it, lol...

underdogBJJ, welcome aboard. You are a Martial Arts instructor, so I'm sure you already know discipline. That being said, don't forget discipline on this site. Always use the search and be courteous. That sort of thing. If you come up with a question that hasn't been answered yet, feel free to ask it. We Marines know a lot and are usually willing to help. If we don't know the answer, we will either make something up or point you in the right direction. Depends on our mood.;)

Aye Aye Sir! Have mercy on my wanna-be butt! :-)

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:50 PM
I had to rein it in...I mean she's still a teenager, y'know? :D

19th b-day is only a month away. I've spent my whole life training with men, Ive heard it all, or maybe I haven't? :confused:

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 10:53 PM
Lol I like your attitude, poolee. You have a sense of humor. Make sure you keep it or things could go horribly for you in the Corps.

19th b-day is only a month away. I've spent my whole life training with men, Ive heard it all, or maybe I haven't? :confused:

Negative, ghostrider. You haven't heard it all. You haven't been around male Marines your whole life, so you haven't heard sh*t yet. :evilgrin:

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:53 PM
It's not a primary MOS. It is secondary, which means you could still be a working dog handler, but you would be a MCMAP instructor as well.

Would I express interest in the program while I'm at MEPS, or is this something I should discuss with my recruiter first? I would love to do both, and it seems possible, as you stated.

JWDevilDog
05-18-09, 10:58 PM
Would I express interest in the program while I'm at MEPS, or is this something I should discuss with my recruiter first? I would love to do both, and it seems possible, as you stated.

First, become a Marine and earn that Title. You will earn your tan belt while in boot camp.

At your MOS school, it might be long enough that you can earn your gray belt.

When you hit the Fleet, try for your Green belt once you pick up LCpl. When/if you pick up the rank of Cpl (as an NCO), you can try to be an instructor. It can't happen unless you're an NCO, though.

So yeah, you can ask your recruiter questions about it, but it isn't something that is written in your contract. You have to earn it, like just about everything else in the Corps. And it is usually something that is pursued long after hitting the Fleet.

Tan, Gray, Green, Brown, Black are the belt levels.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 10:59 PM
Lol I like your attitude, poolee. You have a sense of humor. Make sure you keep it or things could go horribly for you in the Corps.

Negative, ghostrider. You haven't heard it all. You haven't been around male Marines your whole life, so you haven't heard sh*t yet. :evilgrin:

Thank you Sir. Martial Arts and fighting has helped greatly in my life, it is a large chunk of the person i have become. I look forward to to one day, having the privilege of being called a United States Marine.

I knew I would regret that second statement! lol

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:06 PM
First, become a Marine and earn that Title. You will earn your tan belt while in boot camp.

At your MOS school, it might be long enough that you can earn your gray belt.

When you hit the Fleet, try for your Green belt once you pick up LCpl. When/if you pick up the rank of Cpl (as an NCO), you can try to be an instructor. It can't happen unless you're an NCO, though.

So yeah, you can ask your recruiter questions about it, but it isn't something that is written in your contract. You have to earn it, like just about everything else in the Corps. And it is usually something that is pursued long after hitting the Fleet.

Tan, Gray, Green, Brown, Black are the belt levels.

Excellent, I'm going to save this information and speak with my recruiter about making this a long term goal. This is something I'm very interested in. The time spent on the MCMAP portion of training in boot camp, will be my first step!

Thank you again!!

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 11:10 PM
BR34 ...I'm ascared!!!

Welcome.
Thank you LCpl!

No need to be scurred, I'm a very nice person .

He's a Cpl....:evilgrin:and 19 is still a teenager...:D then again the ninja can do whatever the hell she wants huh?:banana: Good luck to ya

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:17 PM
*hangs head in shame*

I may have been looking at another post, or I may just be a silly poolee who needs to memorize the rank structure again.

My apologies Cpl, no offense meant.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:22 PM
then again the ninja can do whatever the hell she wants huh?:banana:Good luck to ya

No Sir, 19 is indeed still a teenager. Thank you Sir.

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 11:24 PM
I ain't buying your humble act for a damned second :D

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:25 PM
I'm not that good of a ninja, I admit it.....Sir. lol

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 11:30 PM
So how long have you been an Instructor.....?

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:40 PM
I have been participating in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for four years, this summer. I received my blue belt a little over a year ago. BJJ is a lifestyle, I'm completely addicted, on average it takes about 10 to 15 years to receive a black belt. The progression is very slow through the belts (white, blue, purple, brown and black). I have been instructing for two years, mainly focusing on children and womens classes, but I also lead the adult classes when directed to. I do hold the rank of black belt in karate, but have gravitated more towards Muay Thai and MMA when I was physically able to hold my own in adult classes.

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:41 PM
What happened?

PaidinBlood
05-18-09, 11:41 PM
BJJ is a lifestyle, I'm completely addicted,

I'm a mental midget and you're killing me here. It's like the elephant in the corner that only I can see.. :scared:

underdogBJJ
05-18-09, 11:47 PM
I'm a mental midget and you're killing me here. It's like the elephant in the corner that only I can see.. :scared:

Basically, its one of the things my life that I have stayed focused on for a lengthy amount of time. I love my sport, that's what it all comes down to.

BR34
05-19-09, 06:15 AM
*hangs head in shame*

I may have been looking at another post, or I may just be a silly poolee who needs to memorize the rank structure again.

My apologies Cpl, no offense meant.

Yea, I was wondering how everyone else was being promoted to Sir and I got demoted to LCpl.

Learn that rank structure poolee!

BR34
05-19-09, 06:17 AM
PIB, what the hell...let us ALL see what's REALLY goin on here!

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 07:22 AM
nothing....I was just having one of those days where I kept blurting out retarded shi t.... although some would contend that's no different from any other day....woof

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 07:56 AM
Everyday is Friday on here

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/unnamedpolishdude/beer.jpg

Rocky C
05-19-09, 08:01 AM
Is it me or is everyone getting a little to Friendly with a Marine Friend who isn't even a Poolee yet ???

Rocky

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 08:03 AM
Is it me or is everyone getting a little to Friendly with a Marine Friend who isn't even a Poolee yet ???

Rocky

Does she have pics on her profile? she must!

Rocky C
05-19-09, 08:07 AM
OK, now I see the Motivation.
I'll leave this all up to you guys.
My cutoff age is 35.
Rocky out!!!

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 08:14 AM
OK, now I see the Motivation.
I'll leave this all up to you guys.
My cutoff age is 35.
Rocky out!!!

35? That's two 17 year olds depending on what state you're in :marine:

Isrowei
05-19-09, 08:34 AM

Dirty dirty Doggie...

Uhm.. is that both at the same time or one after another..?

Just sayin'. :nerd:

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 08:38 AM
...Just sayin'. :nerd:...

Ever notice how anytime you preface or end a statement with "Just sayin'" it's never a good thing, sir? :D

Semper Fi :flag:

sscjoe
05-19-09, 08:41 AM
I had to look. Damn, and I was just in Philly last weekend. LT, I would go with at the same time. You Marines be good now

Rocky C
05-19-09, 08:45 AM

Stop it, You know I got a thing for TWINS ;)

Rocky

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 03:52 PM
Wow, this thread took an interesting turn.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 07:50 PM
Update: my recruiter just stopped by my house, I'm starting paperwork tomorrow, MEPS next week, and my highly motivated azz is heading to boot camp most likely in June.

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 08:11 PM
Wow, this thread took an interesting turn.

What more can you expect from a bunch of dirty Devils? :D Get used to it, wannabee.

On a completely UNrelated note... What's the difference between a zebra and a female Marine, my brothers? On second thought, y'all prolly shouldn't answer that one...

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 08:40 PM
What more can you expect from a bunch of dirty Devils? Get used to it, wannabee.

On a completely UNrelated note... What's the difference between a zebra and a female Marine, my brothers? On second thought, y'all prolly shouldn't answer that one...

damn...I'm tellin commdog on you....:D

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 08:50 PM
lol, PiB, that's EXACTLY why I didn't think the answer should be posted... See buddy, you're not the only one who can be entirely inappropriate...

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 08:52 PM
sheeyit....it hardly makes one unique around here amongst all these deviants and miscreants... :thumbup:

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 09:02 PM
True enough. But I wasn't going for unique. I was going for uniformity.. I figure we all ought to be the same, right? :beer:

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:15 PM
This poolee cant wait for boot camp >:-)~

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 09:18 PM
This poolee cant wait for boot camp >:-)~
That's what everyone says, soon you wont be able to wait untill it's over.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:21 PM
This poolee is a glutton for punishment, the tiny glimpse of the Marine Corps I saw in ROTC has got me amped up and motivated as a mofo. My nickname is underdog for a reason, Sir.

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 09:26 PM
Im no sir, as im enlisted. And im sure you'll be fine. I loved gettin f'd, so it was not a problem for me, as i'm sure it will not be for you. After all you're a "jersey girl", aren't you supposed to be tough lol.

sparkie
05-19-09, 09:31 PM
OMG,,,,,,,, Underbrush,,,,,,, Give it time, you will get there. Am I late? These posts ain't been stomped yet? Shet, Underwire, you itchen for a scrap???? You're makin me laugh,,,,,,, Why don't you stick your head up yer azz, and fight for air?

Sorry,,,, I couldn't resist,,,,, I love Wannabees,,,,,,,,,,

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 09:36 PM
BJ-don't let all the attention from these sick clowns go to your head...they will hump anything that doesn't hump them first...

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:40 PM
Thank you LCpl, I'm learning the little things :)

It's true, Jersey girls are scrappy, but not all of us are lacking in distinction.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:41 PM
OMG,,,,,,,, Underbrush,,,,,,, Give it time, you will get there. Am I late? These posts ain't been stomped yet? Shet, Underwire, you itchen for a scrap???? You're makin me laugh,,,,,,, Why don't you stick your head up yer azz, and fight for air?

Sorry,,,, I couldn't resist,,,,, I love Wannabees,,,,,,,,,,

You make this poolee smile.

sparkie
BJ-don't let all the attention from these sick clowns go to your head...they will hump anything that doesn't hump them first...
I don't change diapers,,,,,,,:evilgrin:

usmcmsf
Don't get me started with BJs and humping.

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 09:45 PM
Thank you LCpl, I'm learning the little things :)

It's true, Jersey girls are scrappy, but not all of us are lacking in distinction.

I got slapped in the face by a Jersey striper once, I guees you can call that scrappy? :marine:

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:46 PM
I don't change diapers,,,,,,,:evilgrin:

That's good, because this poolee doesn't wear them. ;)

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 09:49 PM
I got slapped in the face by a Jersey striper once, I guees you can call that scrappy? :marine:

haha Atlantic City strippers will full on assault you. No fear, i'm tell ya.

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 09:52 PM
haha Atlantic City strippers will full on assault you. No fear, i'm tell ya.

Sheeit tell me about it, I defend their freedom and they slap me because I want a free dance. Im glad you didnt choose that path.:usmc:

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 09:57 PM
Lol usmcmsf you say that as if it were a viable option for her... lol I just found that funny.

Damn wannabee is getting more attention than the President...

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 10:04 PM
Well I always considered becoming a male stripper, so why not right. Instead I choose the Marine Corps, guees it worked out.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 10:06 PM
I was just thinking the same thing....well except for the "becoming a male stripper" part.

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 10:11 PM
I was just thinking the same thing....well except for the "becoming a male stripper" part.

You sure you don't have a secret to let us in on?

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 10:12 PM
You sure you don't have a secret to let us in on?

Dont lie either, they will find out during the moment of truth.

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 10:12 PM
whatever...her 15 min will fade as fast as that last clown we stuck in the white house...what was his name again?

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 10:14 PM
whatever...her 15 min will fade as fast as that last clown we stuck in the white house...what was his name again?

No. no, Osama is still hiding in the mountains.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 10:15 PM
Dont lie either, they will find out during the moment of truth.

After that HBO special "AC Strippers" came out, I decided to change my life for the better.

Totally joking, I've been a straight edge ever since ever.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 10:17 PM
No. no, Osama is still hiding in the mountains.

At least we can thank Al Gore for the internet. ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Wyoming
05-19-09, 11:32 PM
udderdogBJ, you sound too much like a drama queen for me.

You need to sit quietly and listen.

underdogBJJ
05-19-09, 11:36 PM
Aye aye Cpl, this poolee is getting too caught up in Marine business.

Respectfully

~UD

JSam
05-20-09, 12:04 AM
Just a quick thing... I want to welcome you to the forum, of course, but I'm curious...
You've got quite an apparent joy for the Martial Arts, you instruct BJJ, among other things.
You can only do 55 sit ups in two minutes? I just find that surprising.

Anyways... Welcome. Good luck on the journey.

underdogBJJ
05-20-09, 12:10 AM
I tested myself on all three things tonight at the gym, but last night we did alot of core and kettlebell training in jiu jitsu. I'm sure I can score higher, but even a small cough makes my stomach muscles hurt right now. I'll try again in a few days.

underdogBJJ
05-20-09, 12:11 AM
I'm actually going to hit the track tomorrow too, I know I can run a faster mile on open ground.

Fubar5812
05-20-09, 02:42 AM
you wanna be a handler? i hope you want it more than the other people in your MP class if you end up there,because it's a very sought after BMOS.any specific questions just ask,I already have a half full PM inbox and several e-mails going with other people( one of which is also female) about what my job entails and how to get it.as far as I know i am the only handler on these boards.

I just wanna give poolees the anewsers i so desperately wanted when I was a wannabe.

jersey girl eh? we have a female in our kennels from jersey.

BR34
05-20-09, 05:45 AM
What more can you expect from a bunch of dirty Devils? :D Get used to it, wannabee.

Okay, one of you are gonna have to message that answer to me! I gotta know!