PDA

View Full Version : Contract/Security Clearance

Nevermore
05-17-09, 02:27 PM
Hi my name is Jake and i have just dep'ed in and i was wondering why my first contract i signed had MARINE CORPS RESERVE on it, or will that change on the contract i sign before shipping out.

Second i am unable to get a Security Clearance because of a Class B Misdemeanor on my record, seeing that i can't ever get a Security Clearance when i go to re-enlist are they going to pass on me because i can't really move into other MOS's or are they just fine letting me do the same MOS for 20 years

I scored high on the asvab so i have the scores to do any MOS but since i can't get a Security Clearance i only have 4 or so MOS's to pick from.

Just want to know if they are going to see me as "dead weight" down the road since i am so limited.

DGardner
05-17-09, 02:56 PM
Hi my name is Jake and i have just dep'ed in and i was wondering why my first contract i signed had MARINE CORPS RESERVE on it, or will that change on the contract i sign before shipping out.

Second i am unable to get a Security Clearance because of a Class B Misdemeanor on my record, seeing that i can't ever get a Security Clearance when i go to re-enlist are they going to pass on me because i can't really move into other MOS's or are they just fine letting me do the same MOS for 20 years

I scored high on the asvab so i have the scores to do any MOS but since i can't get a Security Clearance i only have 4 or so MOS's to pick from.

Just want to know if they are going to see me as "dead weight" down the road since i am so limited.

Mine said reserve as well. It will change when you swear in for active duty.

osborned
05-17-09, 03:03 PM
This is because any time you serve in the DEP is served as part of your reserve requirement time. I spent six or seven months in the DEP, so that's time in the IRR after my Active Duty requirement that I don't have to serve.

syxx2003
05-17-09, 09:08 PM
This is because any time you serve in the DEP is served as part of your reserve requirement time. I spent six or seven months in the DEP, so that's time in the IRR after my Active Duty requirement that I don't have to serve.

Let me see if I understand this right. So if someone signs a 6x2 year contract and spends one year in the DEP then after their six years they only spend one in the IRR?

steggy
05-17-09, 09:33 PM
Let me see if I understand this right. So if someone signs a 6x2 year contract and spends one year in the DEP then after their six years they only spend one in the IRR?

Yes, that is correct.