PDA

View Full Version : A good recruiter

Osotogary
05-17-09, 01:31 AM
It has been over four years now that I have been associated with the USMC Recruiting Office in Hollywood, Fl., not too far from where I live. I've been able to watch how hard working these Marines are on a daily basis and have been priviledged enough to participate in alot of their "Poolie" functions as a support entity.
My question is, What constitutes a Marine Recruiter? I know that there is school/training for Marines who wish to be or are selected to become Marine Corps Recruiters but aside from that, what makes a good Marine Corps Recruiter? All the Marines that I am familiar with come from different MOS's, from accountants to airwingers to legal and every now and then a Marine from weapons. Is there one MOS that stands out for being good preperation for becoming a good Marine Recruiter? I just haven't met too many "Grunts" who have been recruiters and I was just curious. (Not that they wouldn't make outstanding Recruiters.)
From the CO to the XO, from the Sergeant Majors to the Sergeants, every Marine that I have met in the 6th Marine Corps District (Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding area) has been more than courteous and professional to me within their time frame confines regardless of which MOS they originally came from. My hat is off to them.

JWDevilDog
05-17-09, 05:10 AM
This is an interesting thread. I believe MOS has nothing to do with it, though. I think what makes a great recruiter is motivation and love of the Corps. Someone who loves the organization he is a part of will be more likely to work hard to bring find quality civilians who will become poolees, and maybe eventually Marines.

LostDuk
05-17-09, 06:41 PM
My recruiter was a Grunt and the "Gunny" in the office was a grunt in FAST company