PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Dealer Closing List: SEE FULL LIST

jetdawgg
05-16-09, 09:40 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/14/chrysler-dealer-closing-l_n_203549.html

Link displays the full list of the nearly 800 dealerships (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/14/chrysler-dealers-closing-_n_203460.html) Chrysler is planning to eliminate.

DocGreek
05-16-09, 11:13 PM
WHO CARES???....and...SO WHAT!!! If you own an American corporation, and you FAIL MISERABLY, and have to close SOME of your dealers....WHOSE FAULT IS THAT???? "Let them eat CAKE!!!" Lee Iococca is laughing his azz off!!! ALL of those poor people out of a job!!!.....TOUGH!!! UNSKILLED LABOR??? Losing thier $200K home, and $35K Dodge Ram truck, and $35k Chrysler300....WHO CARES???? UNION labor, producing workers at $25 to $35 per hour....putting on lug-nuts...SO???.....DOC

sdk87to91
05-18-09, 01:45 PM
I would be interested to see which ones they are. I support closings but hope me and my buddies with dodge trucks and caravans can still get reliable parts and service.
That said I refuse to give huff po more traffic and so will wait to see the list somewhere else. good try jet

jetdawgg
05-18-09, 02:19 PM
I would be interested to see which ones they are. I support closings but hope me and my buddies with dodge trucks and caravans can still get reliable parts and service.
That said I refuse to give huff po more traffic and so will wait to see the list somewhere else. good try jet

Personal attacks huh?:usmc:

GySgtRet
05-18-09, 02:26 PM
Your incorrect at the UAWS wages these maggots make. They make from $45-$75 per hour. They are a bunch of whinning babies I agree. I feel bad for the people that have kids to raise. They probably have lived beyond their means anyway.

Semper Fi

Gunny out
:usmc:

NoRemorse
05-18-09, 02:41 PM
And my wife wanted a Jeep.

I believe the last car to be completely made in the USA was a 1973 Ford. Don't remember the model, may have been the LTD. It sure as hell wasn't anything from AMC because they were already using components from elsewhere (sorry Rambler fans).

Where was I? Good job guys, ya done fvcked yourself up. I have no use for Chrysler as it is. Guess we'll be contracting components for our military vehicles from someone else (we already do anyway...).

rb1651
05-18-09, 02:49 PM
GySgtRet,

I couldn't agree with you more. When the local Chrysler Assembly Plant in Belvidere basicly shutdown for a couple of months, we happened to be looking for a plant electrician here where I work. We hired one of the electricians from that plant, and all he did was whine about our wages because we weren't "making union rate". He lasted two days because he put male plugs on both ends of a 480 volt, 3 phase, 30 amp cord, :scared: and couldn't understand why I jumped his azz about it. :mad: Says alot about union quality, doesn't it??? :thumbdown

GySgtRet
05-18-09, 03:01 PM
Back in the day unions were great to get benefits going and safety, now it is just a racket and money maker for the big guys. If you all remember not only does the US government buy fleets from all three but so do all police departments, facilities as in power plants so if the big three squandered it away no big deal they over spent and now we are paying for that high price. Sure a car is a luxury but without one how can I get the 45 miles oneway into metro of DC? Or Arlington? There aren't any metro stops at Stafford so I have to have my luxury vehicle that is taxed every year and on top of that pay for gas that is going azzwhole deep in the pocket again. I haven't owned a what I thought was a American vehicle since 93 when I retired it was a Chevy S-10. It ran well but when it got up into some mileage and I had to replace a few things I didn't likke what I saw, nothing against our brothers and sisters to the north but almost every sub componenet was Canadian. I now have KIAs, they are a solid vehicle and all are assembled in the USA in fact in Augusta Georgia they are building a plant to assemble and have the sub assemblies right at the site they are not going to go out of the US like the US has done and outsource.

Doesn't that electrician know that with that kind of voltage he could have been killed for what he did? Dumb azz...!!!!

Enough ranting. Somebody else take a whack at it.

Rocky C
05-18-09, 05:04 PM
1999 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 V-6 Magnum 64,000 miles, MINT!!! WTF do I do now??? Sell it if anyone will have at it or run it till it dies because I'm not gonna get Service or Parts right???

Rocky

DocGreek
05-18-09, 05:12 PM
ROCKY...it could wind up in a lake, or canal, OR it might catch fire!! $50.00 will do!....DOC

Rocky C
05-18-09, 05:19 PM
ROCKY...it could wind up in a lake, or canal, OR it might catch fire!! $50.00 will do!....DOC

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey Doc, bad day today, thanks for making me smile :D
10 years old, could'nt get full coverage :(

Rocky

rb1651
05-19-09, 01:47 PM
I agree. Back in the day, unions were vital for the workers. Somewhere along the line, greed seems to have overwelmed the good things like safety concerns and replaced it with "let's see how much money we can screw the company out of, and if it's not enough, we'll quit working until they see our point of view". I know that there are probably some here who will disagree with me on this, it's just my opinion of the modern union. ;)

And no, that dumb azz had no clue, or maybe just didn't care, that what he did was death just waiting for someone. :thumbdown