PDA

View Full Version : quick question!

Marcopolo
05-16-09, 08:04 PM
hey guys this is my first time posting here on this website and its been a goal of mine to join the USMC however i am canadian citizan (living in calgary at the moment unfortantly nobody in my family is american) i want to know what i have to do step by step to get closer to my goal
right now at this moment im getting fit for bootcamp, saving money for the trip to the USA, studying for the ATB and also finishing up my last year of highschool
so anyways thanks for answering my question in advance

Phantom Blooper
05-16-09, 08:20 PM
FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE (About Me) & READ THE SITE RULES BEFORE POSTING AGAIN!

:evilgrin:

Marcopolo
05-16-09, 10:24 PM
done as requested thank you sir

Phantom Blooper
05-16-09, 10:33 PM
The following are the basic requirements for joining. You must:

To enlist, you must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien.

Meet exacting physical, mental, and moral standards.

Be between the ages of 17-29. Seventeen-year olds need parental consent.

Have a high school diploma.

Take and pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.

Pass a Military Entrance Processing Station medical exam.

Women are eligible to enlist in all occupational fields, with the exception of combat arms specialties: infantry, artillery, and tank and amphibian tractor crew members.

JordanB
05-17-09, 08:09 PM
hey man im a canadian too, my first question to you would be what are your reasons for wanting to join the usmc (the canadian army's bootcamp is about aslong as marine corps bootcamp, they are in afghanistan but you wont have to deal with the bull**** of iraq, you'll be legally able to drink 2 years earlier plus your nco's are way cooler from what ive heard) but my best advice to you is if you do decide to join the US Marines is look into your contract before you sign it and dont tell anybody in your unit your canadian, take my word for it.

Wyoming
05-17-09, 08:30 PM
This is a real piece of work -
Interests cooking,exrcise
Favorite Quote i love the smell of napalm in the morning - Really!!
Favorite Color green
Favorite Movie apcoloypes now - Huh?? Missed that one, but it might be that army flick.

JWDevilDog
05-17-09, 10:08 PM
Hey there JordanB, those are some pretty sh*tty reasons for joining a military. Why are you trying to steer the kid away from joining the finest military organization in the world?

Canadian boot camp being as long doesn't mean it is as good. Has anyone who isn't Canadian ever heard about how great their army is? No, but everyone has heard of the USMC. The enemy fears us.

Bullsh*t of Iraq, huh? So what would you say to your Marine brothers who are fighting or who have fought over there? "Sorry brother, but what you did over there doesn't mean sh*t to me." And judging by your profile and ribbons, you seem to have already been in Iraq. So you're just gonna turn your back on all your brothers, who might have lost their lives, with that statement?

Drink two years sooner? Give me a break, that's the most childish thing I have ever heard. The drinking age should not be the reason people join the military.

NCOs are way cooler, huh? Good, just disrespect Marine NCOs, on a public forum too. Marine NCOs (especially in the infantry) usually demonstrate the utmost of professionalism and ability. These are your leaders, killer, and whether you like it or not you ought to respect them.

The point of this site is not to steer people away from joining...

Marcopolo
05-19-09, 12:21 AM
This is a real piece of work -
Interests cooking,exrcise
Favorite Quote i love the smell of napalm in the morning - Really!!
Favorite Color green
Favorite Movie apcoloypes now - Huh?? Missed that one, but it might be that army flick.

lol thanks for reading that yea but to be honest it wasnt the movie that got me inspired to want to become a marine i mean i heard a lot of storys and wow i want to be pushed beyond my limits and become the greatest like u guys o and i pick those out cause there the only think of at that moment sorry ><

Wyoming
05-19-09, 07:47 AM
lol thanks for reading that yea but to be honest it wasnt the movie that got me inspired to want to become a marine i mean i heard a lot of storys and wow i want to be pushed beyond my limits and become the greatest like u guys o and i pick those out cause there the only think of at that moment sorry ><

Incoming!!

Phantom Blooper
05-19-09, 09:23 AM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Naval Service, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 08:45 PM

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Number 1
Number 2

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Number 3
Number 4
Number 8
Number 12

Fix your-freaking-self right now, poolee.:evilgrin: Read the rules, follow them, GET THEM RIGHT.

JordanB
05-20-09, 06:35 PM
First of all BOOT, ive been to iraq and you havent even deployed so shut the **** up you dont rate to say **** about iraq. Secoundly, the canadian army has been fighting in afghanistan for 7 years while we have maintained a minimal ground force there for the majority of the war because we have been in iraq. Have some god damn respect for veterans and nato countrys, any Marine who has been to afghanistan (several in my bn) will tell you the canadian army is no joke. The guys from the damn country, OF COURSE im going to recomend he looks into his native military. Iraq sucks ass but your a pog ass airwing boot so chances are when you go there you'll fall in love with eating kbr and working out everyday while everybody else eats mre's and stares at sand for 7 months. Seriously, your so boot you think its cool to have a name like devil dog as a screen name.

Benny215
05-20-09, 08:38 PM
First of all BOOT, ive been to iraq and you havent even deployed so shut the **** up you dont rate to say **** about iraq. Secoundly, the canadian army has been fighting in afghanistan for 7 years while we have maintained a minimal ground force there for the majority of the war because we have been in iraq. Have some god damn respect for veterans and nato countrys, any Marine who has been to afghanistan (several in my bn) will tell you the canadian army is no joke. The guys from the damn country, OF COURSE im going to recomend he looks into his native military. Iraq sucks ass but your a pog ass airwing boot so chances are when you go there you'll fall in love with eating kbr and working out everyday while everybody else eats mre's and stares at sand for 7 months. Seriously, your so boot you think its cool to have a name like devil dog as a screen name.

daaammmnnn... someone just got punked

JWDevilDog
05-20-09, 10:17 PM

Look dude, I didn't disrespect any veterans. I have tremendous respect for everyone (all branches, all countries that are on our side) that are over there. To me, what you said just seemed like a disrespectful thing to say, without clarification oh what the bullsh*t in Iraq is.

I'm not saying the Canadian army is a joke. I'm just saying it can't be on par with our infantry. And that's great that you want him to join his native military, I have nothing against that. I'm just saying that if the kid wants to be a part of the best then why steer him away from that.

Yes I'm a pog, and I'm not at all proud of that. I hate my MOS, and hate what I'm doing in the Marine Corps. Yes, I am moto and love being a Marine, but that doesn't even matter anymore, because of the stupid sh*t I'm doing in MOS. And the only reason I'm a boot to someone like you is because you happened to enlist before I did. Now, I came in at a time where the war in Iraq is dying down, and our current CiC is pulling troops out. I likely will not have a shot to go. Afghanistan is a different story. I want to go to Afghan, believe it or not, and I have been talking to my chain of command, trying to get augmented to the next deployment from here that ships out. Unfortunately, there was one recently and they took one Cpl and one other LCpl from my company. But I have made my entire chain of command know that I want to be augmented on the next dep to Afghan.

I can't do anything about when I came into the Marine Corps, nor can I do much about being a pog. I don't like either, and like I said I am not proud of being a pog.

I don't feel like I have disrespected anyone, especially combat veterans.